Random (non-Jeep) Shit You’re Working On....

CalSgt

Hooked

Spazbyt

Hooked
This work bench was originally my great uncles until it got passed down to my grandfather, then my father and now too me. My great uncle built it in the 1940's while working as a maintenance man at a cement manufacture. 20220926_122117[1].jpg The bench originally had a trailer tongue and solid axle for towing behind a forklift. It's been a trusty work bench so I decided to clean it up and make a welding/fabrication table out of it. First I cut the remnants of the original axle and trailer tongue off it. 20220926_164450[1].jpg
I bolted on some casters rated for 600 lbs. a piece to make it more mobile.
20220927_170220[1].jpg I stripped 5 or 6 coats of paint off the top to get down to bare steel.
20221004_115519[1].jpg
Next I cut some rubber for the bottom of the drawers and attached some plastic to the underside to make sliding the drawers in and out slightly easier. 20221003_105151[1].jpg
A lot of wire wheels and flap discs later I got the top cleaned up.
20221004_164905[1].jpg I slapped a few coats of paint on it then welded a receiver hitch for a vice and topped it off with a cheap welding table. 20221005_171357[1].jpg
It's no Fire Ball Tools welding table but it should get the job done and one day I can pass it down to my son.

Trail Bud

Hooked
This work bench was originally my great uncles until it got passed down to my grandfather, then my father and now too me. My great uncle built it in the 1940's while working as a maintenance man at a cement manufacture. View attachment 380439 The bench originally had a trailer tongue and solid axle for towing behind a forklift. It's been a trusty work bench so I decided to clean it up and make a welding/fabrication table out of it. First I cut the remnants of the original axle and trailer tongue off it. View attachment 380440
View attachment 380441 I stripped 5 or 6 coats of paint off the top to get down to bare steel.
View attachment 380444
Next I cut some rubber for the bottom of the drawers and attached some plastic to the underside to make sliding the drawers in and out slightly easier. View attachment 380443
View attachment 380445 I slapped a few coats of paint on it then welded a receiver hitch for a vice and topped it off with a cheap welding table. View attachment 380446

It's no Fire Ball Tools welding table but it should get the job done and one day I can pass it down to my son.
Nice table and great history.

Sgt_USMC

This work bench was originally my great uncles until it got passed down to my grandfather, then my father and now too me. My great uncle built it in the 1940's while working as a maintenance man at a cement manufacture. The bench originally had a trailer tongue and solid axle for towing behind a forklift. It's been a trusty work bench so I decided to clean it up and make a welding/fabrication table out of it. First I cut the remnants of the original axle and trailer tongue off it.
I stripped 5 or 6 coats of paint off the top to get down to bare steel.

Next I cut some rubber for the bottom of the drawers and attached some plastic to the underside to make sliding the drawers in and out slightly easier.
I slapped a few coats of paint on it then welded a receiver hitch for a vice and topped it off with a cheap welding table.
Love when I see people keeping things from past family members and passing them down. Those become wonderful links to the past and a reminder of the kind of people we are.

CalSgt

Hooked
This work bench was originally my great uncles until it got passed down to my grandfather, then my father and now too me. My great uncle built it in the 1940's while working as a maintenance man at a cement manufacture. View attachment 380439 The bench originally had a trailer tongue and solid axle for towing behind a forklift. It's been a trusty work bench so I decided to clean it up and make a welding/fabrication table out of it. First I cut the remnants of the original axle and trailer tongue off it. View attachment 380440
View attachment 380441 I stripped 5 or 6 coats of paint off the top to get down to bare steel.
View attachment 380444
Next I cut some rubber for the bottom of the drawers and attached some plastic to the underside to make sliding the drawers in and out slightly easier. View attachment 380443
View attachment 380445 I slapped a few coats of paint on it then welded a receiver hitch for a vice and topped it off with a cheap welding table. View attachment 380446
That's a rad fucking workbench... how did that lead paint taste when you stripped it?

Top Bottom