Random (non-Jeep) Shit You’re Working On....

benatc1

Hooked
My back got sore just looking at those pictures

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler
Oh my back is sore, but fortunately had my dads mini kubota with a bucket to do alot of the big stuff
Putting sod in?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
So extending the patio to the end if the house, then once I know I'm back to work I'll buy the patio cover, then do a bar and all that jazz. Side will be a mini dog run when for we want then penned up. Then the rest will be sod heading away from the house but need to extend the yard by cutting out the hill partially and doing another wall all the way across, which hopefully next summer or sooner if things go well. That one might get pricey. Another before pic but you get the idea. 20200321_105932.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Looks good Ben! This is why I enjoy owning a field. No yard work required ! [emoji23]

Jsouder53

Hooked
Turns out I need to make my chicken run walls taller.... went out back to find that my dogs killed one of my best egg layers [emoji22]

The chicken somehow got over the fence and into the dog run.

benatc1

Hooked
Looks good Ben! This is why I enjoy owning a field. No yard work required ! [emoji23]

Thanks man! Yea yard work sucks ass, thinking about just putting in turf so then when it's done it's done, but that may be way to expensive depending on how much space i have to fill. Looking fwd to it all being done, in the next year or so though.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Turns out I need to make my chicken run walls taller.... went out back to find that my dogs killed one of my best egg layers [emoji22]

The chicken somehow got over the fence and into the dog run.

That sucks, huskies will just about always figure out to get what they want. Super smart dogs!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Attempting to unfuck my deck. The owner of the house painted it and it looks like shit. Trying to get down to wood so I can sand and stain.

IMG_9591.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Nice lawn...

Lol I have been debating for almost two years what to do. It was grass when we looked at the place but we signed the lease and didn’t move in for like a month and half. When we moved in I realized they had turned the sprinkles off and the shit died. Can’t decide if I want to spend the money for new sod on a rental or not.

littlebeas

Attempting to unfuck my deck. The owner of the house painted it and it looks like shit. Trying to get down to wood so I can sand and stain.

View attachment 344335

I rented a big flooring sander with high grit pads. Took several pads but I got there. Took a dremel and put a slight bevel in between each board.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I rented a big flooring sander with high grit pads. Took several pads but I got there. Took a dremel and put a slight bevel in between each board.

I have some stripper I am planning to use that is made for decks but I wanted to try and blow off the loose shot first. The deck is pretty small so shouldn’t be too hard with two hand sanders.

littlebeas

I have some stripper I am planning to use that is made for decks but I wanted to try and blow off the loose shot first. The deck is pretty small so shouldn’t be too hard with two hand sanders.

I started with the belt sander, but didn’t get very far in several hours. That’s why I rented the big one. It was totally worth it for my knees and back and I’m an extremely cheap bastard. I didn’t use the stripper, if they used a good paint/stain that shit bonds pretty hard. Definitely would be interested to hear how well it works for you, I need to do mine again here soon.

Jsouder53

Hooked
That sucks, huskies will just about always figure out to get what they want. Super smart dogs!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Too smart lol but I think the chicken accidentally committed suicide...

Got 3 more chicks today in replacement!

So chicken tonight, not eggs tomorrow for breakfast?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hahaha pretty much! Luckily we have 4 more chickens that still lay, just not consistently like the one that got chewed on this morning.

benatc1

Hooked

View attachment 344335

Literally my least favorite thing to do is sanding down through paint like that. Should look a good bit better when done though

Lol I have been debating for almost two years what to do. It was grass when we looked at the place but we signed the lease and didn’t move in for like a month and half. When we moved in I realized they had turned the sprinkles off and the shit died. Can’t decide if I want to spend the money for new sod on a rental or not.

My last rental house, before we bought, l was responsible for the landscaping, I was going to do the rolled sod when i needed to restart the back yard, but cheaped out and just did seed/fertilizer. Tough part was keeping the dog off it so I did it in sections with a cheap fence. Ended up great, just takes awhile. Hard to justify spending alot on a rental. Depending on how much longer you'll be there

Top Bottom