Quack attack November 1st?? Sisters, Oregon

David1tontj

Well- I definitely want to go, and it becomes a snow park on the 15th of November, so it has to be before then.

Anyone available on the 1st? It probably won't be too many people. Currently just me and a Toyota friend.

Edit- toyota friend has to take a rain check.... I still want to go, but not too sure that's a good idea solo. Someone needs to save my trip!

I would recommend 37" tires+
One locker minimum
Certainly rock rails
Undercarriage skids

For a Tj

Any jk that wants to try is welcome 😁

Though it is avoidable, Expect some body damage.

Trip has been cancelled due to NOBODY else wanting to go.

Last edited:

bkac

Caught the Bug
I would love to go but I'm on 35's right now so that puts me out! Hopefully 37's are on the way really really soon! If I have them before the 1st I'll be in!

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

David1tontj

I would love to go but I'm on 35's right now so that puts me out! Hopefully 37's are on the way really really soon! If I have them before the 1st I'll be in!

You could probably make it, but you'd take a beating. Especially being in a 4 door.

bkac

Caught the Bug
Yeah, it's time for 37s. I took a beating at the Rubicon not really taking any bypasses. 4 door on 35s just doesn't cut it for places I like to go. I raised the coilovers to help with the belly from dragging so much. :yup:

David1tontj

Yeah, it's time for 37s. I took a beating at the Rubicon not really taking any bypasses. 4 door on 35s just doesn't cut it for places I like to go. I raised the coilovers to help with the belly from dragging so much. :yup:

Well, I only recommend those mods.. If you are ok with taking a beating, it would be fun to watch!

David1tontj

Bump!
If it's the requirements that have you worried, it's not set in stone. You could probably do it n 35s. Totally depends on the driver and how comfortable you are with your rig..

JAGS

Hooked
Long drive. Body damage. Long drive home. A little too much for me as id have to get to work the next day. Lol.

We need to get some runs going down in SoCal.

MTG

Caught the Bug

Really? I found 35s to be fine in most places. Very rarely did I find that I needed 37s. And most of the time it was the belly getting hung up. If you raised the jeep a bit I'm guessing you'll be fine. I mean you are only talking ~1" difference in height from the tires. I used to think it was the tires but I'm now convinced it's just a matter of picking better lines. My $.02.

bkac

Caught the Bug
I agree with you, that's what i did at the Rubi. I raised the jeep you a few inches for the belly. The problem is I like to run with the big boys and that extra inch was all it was taking to keep my diffs from getting hung up vs there's on the big rocks. I also agree with you on picking the right lines, that makes all the difference. I still might try to go on this run with these guys I'm just waiting to see what my schedule going to be like. I seen some of the photos in these rocks are huge on this run.

David1tontj

I agree with you, that's what i did at the Rubi. I raised the jeep you a few inches for the belly. The problem is I like to run with the big boys and that extra inch was all it was taking to keep my diffs from getting hung up vs there's on the big rocks. I also agree with you on picking the right lines, that makes all the difference. I still might try to go on this run with these guys I'm just waiting to see what my schedule going to be like. I seen some of the photos in these rocks are huge on this run.

Don't worry Bobby- there are at least a couple bypassed you can take. 😁

Tree Frog

So I got on you tube and put in Quack Attack trail and came across a few videos. This is one Jeep eating trail from what I saw.

Where is it? I could not find much as far as GPS coord. go. I gather its up in Sisters area someplace but?

Is this the type of trail where I can go in a ways and just watch? I know I am a big wussie, its cool. I just can not afford to tear up my stuff too bad.

David1tontj

So I got on you tube and put in Quack Attack trail and came across a few videos. This is one Jeep eating trail from what I saw.

Where is it? I could not find much as far as GPS coord. go. I gather its up in Sisters area someplace but?

Is this the type of trail where I can go in a ways and just watch? I know I am a big wussie, its cool. I just can not afford to tear up my stuff too bad.

It is at "hoodoo ski resort". You can see one of the lifts from the trail.

The first section has a couple bypasses and isn't that crazy IMO.

As long as you had good skid plates, we could try to get you through the first easy section that is separate from the rest of the trail, and we could try to prevent body damage. However, it IS one of those trails that is just one big rock section after another.

The first time I went up there I pulled into the staging area and began to worry- the only other rigs there were tube framed rock buggies....

bkac

Caught the Bug
I'm out on this one. I'll be installing my Pro Rock and 37s this weekend. Next time!

David1tontj

Well... After seriously considering running it solo, I have decided to use my better judgment and cancel. probably would have been fine, but I'd rather not end up upside down in the snow with nobody to help me out.

This also gave me a great idea- what if there was a way to unite a bunch of people who like to go rock crawling? We would actually be nice to people, no trolls, Maybe we could have cool screen names and maybe even an app? 😕

Imagine that-

Top Bottom