Pvanweelden's JKUR build

Thanks, night shots are posted above ^ but here's another shot
1395032094176.jpg
the front two that are ziptied near the swaybar may get lowered a little bit as the sway bar blocks some of the light, and one of the rears is partially blocked by the tailpipe. but otherwise I think the body mounts is a great place for them, since it would be hard for a rock to do damage to them.
my original thought was to weld 3/8" washers to the frame where I wanted the lights, until I realized that the body mounts were already in pretty good locations.

:doh: Not sure how I missed the night shots. Anyway, looks like a pretty good amount of light especially given the small size. :thumb:

Thanks for posting bud! They look to be bright as hell and your locations are great! Definitely saving all this info and gonna try to find this LED kit!

Thanks Sharkey, Joshua, and Olram30!

The led's do put out a great dispersion pattern for as small as the led actually is. It would look a lot better if i had a lift, so the light patterns would be bigger :D

If you ebay search Eagle Eye Led, you will find an assortment of choices of 3watt, 9watt, and apparently now 10 watt :doh:

here's (4) 10 watt led's for $11- get 2 sets for a jk or 3 sets for a jku.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4X-10W-Eagl...Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d11ad75b3&vxp=mtr

Bill got his rotopax brackets painted and mounted
1395620293494.jpg
1395620331839.jpg

I got some front lights mounted and hooked up.
1395620420723.jpg

And for tig- here's how easy it is for me to add oil to the york, release the bottom of the filter and pour the oil in :)
1395620547046.jpg
With a 1 gallon tank, I can go from 0 psi to 140 psi in 8 seconds.
Got the 4 ports at each tire hooked up together, oba is done except for adding a dash gauge and the air horn :D
Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

When you can't find a fitting, you make one. Got this air horn I want to add to my oba, but the fitting is an odd ball, looks like 1/8" but isnt. It is M10 × 1.25 threads. And it goes to a slighter larger than 1/4" barb. I want all 3/8" push lock hoses in my oba system. So I got a M10 bolt and cut it down, drilled a hole thru it, and then will braise the copper 1/4" female fitting to it, or just weld the male push lock fitting to the M10 bolt.
The horn fitting
1395715591519.jpg
Bolt and push lock fitting
1395715646015.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

pvanweelden; said:
I got a M10 bolt and cut it down, drilled a hole thru it, and then will braise the copper 1/4" female fitting to it, or just weld the male push lock fitting to the M10 bolt

Wow. You really have some time on your hands don't you!!??

Looking great!!

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

Thanks Wes and David! machinist not= did you see how off centered my hole was in the bolt? :cheesy:
i actually was hoping i could walk into the hardware store and find that the supplied fitting with the horn was a 1/8" fitting and that i could just get a 1/8" male to 1/4" female fitting.
But that isn't my luck, and would have been too easy. so since i can't buy the fitting locally, i am making it :D

^
Are those the 27w 4"Tuff led lights??
I was thinking to get them and swap my old halogen ones.

^ looks like the exact same light, just different brand.
I like them, they do have the typical glare off the hood as any light in that mounting location has :mad:
if you are mounting them up on a rack, i would just get a 240 W 40" led light bar- but it is a lot more $ than 4 of these ^.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/40-240W-CRE...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a31629b51&vxp=mtr
but keep in mind that 40" bar will draw 20 Amps, so you will need minimum of 10 gauge wire for a less than 15 ft wire.

^ the heading made me overlook it because it said 40W, but description says 240Watt. :thumb:
Make sure you are using a Relay.

Will do, that's the way I'm running my halogens so it should be an easy swap, just will add a connector for when I remove the rack. Thanks again for the info.

Great thread!!
Will do the bussmann panel in the coming future also :thumbup:

Top Bottom