Pvanweelden's JKUR build

Loving having dual led switches that turn on the lower led with the headlights- Thanks Paul!
1394944140869.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks David! oba is one of those things where there are many ways of doing it, yet nothing beats belt driven. Electrc compressors can only put out 1.5 cfm, a dual like arb has can do 3.0cfm, but still nothing beats a york at 15 cfm and i can fill up all four of my 36" tires from 8 psi to 32 psi in 3 minutes total.

Last edited:
Thanks David! oba is one of those things where there are many ways of doing it, yet nothing beats belt driven. Electrc compressors can only put out 1.5 cfm, a dual like arb has can do 3.0cfm, but still nothing beats a york at 15 cfm.

And that's exactly why I want one!!! I have a great oba setup that has never let me down- but I also need a lot of air!

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

well between his oba and toyota axles im sure he could get the job done :crazyeyes:

Hey hey hey!!! My axles are not foreign!! Dana 60 hp, and ford 10.25. So far from Toyota!!

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

Hey hey hey!!! My axles are not foreign!! Dana 60 hp, and ford 10.25. So far from Toyota!!

well the goal is to have a rear axle just as strong if not stronger then your front... :crazyeyes:

Who said strong front axle? Yes this front axle did not pass the test

Attachments

• 1394951342414.jpg
    1394951342414.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 231
Thanks Hinrichs!
I got 12 of the 9 watt eagle eye leds-
Went to the local hardware store to get locking nuts for them(or you could use locktite) thread is M10 × 1.0 pitch.
1395065141057.jpg
I made brackets to go inside my bumper for oba and an led facing back.
1395065292873.jpg
I zip tied two facing down at the frame rails right in front of the sway bar
1395065361762.jpg
And then I mounted one led to every body mount (3 each side, 1 rear corners)
1395065480361.jpg
Drilled a 7/16" hole, ran 16 gauge speaker wire, zip tied to the top of the frame, brakelines, etc. Soldered, crimped, heat shrinked all the connections and then wire loomed the majority of it. The leds in the bumper have quick disconnects.
My main concern was protecting the leds, and I think they are pretty well protected up in the body mounts.

Thanks Hinrichs!
I got 12 of the 9 watt eagle eye leds-
Went to the local hardware store to get locking nuts for them(or you could use locktite) thread is M10 × 1.0 pitch.
View attachment 74150
I made brackets to go inside my bumper for oba and an led facing back.
View attachment 74151
I zip tied two facing down at the frame rails right in front of the sway bar
View attachment 74152
And then I mounted one led to every body mount (3 each side, 1 rear corners)
View attachment 74153
Drilled a 7/16" hole, ran 16 gauge speaker wire, zip tied to the top of the frame, brakelines, etc. Soldered, crimped, heat shrinked all the connections and then wire loomed the majority of it. The leds in the bumper have quick disconnects.
My main concern was protecting the leds, and I think they are pretty well protected up in the body mounts.

man thats clever! good way to keep down the wattage draw as well!!!

Great idea. Make sure to take some night shots. I'm interested in seeing the light output and hearing your follow up thoughts on placement.

Top Bottom