Please READ THE RETURN POLICY Before Placing Your Order

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Please take time to note that I am NOT Amazon or some big corporation that sells products through them. The things I sell are things that I've made for myself and offer to fellow Jeepers with the hope that they will find them useful as well. With that said, I'd like to point out that we have the following RETURN POLICY on all the products and items that we have available for sale and customers are encouraged to read it, prior to placing an order:

RETURN POLICY
All returns require prior authorization. WAYALIFE will only accept new, unopened and unused items for return. You must obtained written authorization from WAYALIFE within seven (7) days of receiving your merchandise in order to receive a refund.

Once WAYALIFE has received and verified your request, an email approval will be sent to you along with instructions as to where you will need to ship your item(s). You will be required to securely package your item(s) for shipment and return them to us in new, unopened and unused condition within 30 days from the date you purchased them. You will need to print and include a copy of your email approval in your return package. Once we have received and verified that your returned items are in new, unopened and unused condition, a refund for the purchase price of your item(s) will be made minus any shipping fees.

I realize that some of you may not like what you've just read and if you are one of them, I would suggest that you do NOT purchase what we sell. In spite of what some choose to believe, it is not financially viable for me to accept returns on items that have been installed as they are extremely difficult to re-sell. Likewise, I have found that products that have been opened often times get shipped back to me without proper packaging and because of it, come back damaged or destroyed.

Now, the reason that I'm posting all this today is because I've had to deal with a guy who, 'builds airplanes for a living and has been doing custom fabrication for 25 years' named Gregory Hren. In spite of all the photos and 2 detailed installation videos that we have up on YouTube, this self-proclaimed expert still needed to open up his package, but nothing more, to tell him all that he needed to know and why he needed to return it. The following is the conversation that we had.

This first email was sent to me on Friday night...
Sent: Friday, August 5, 2022 9:33 PM
To: store@wayalife
Subject: Return - order #store@wayalife

Good evening. I’d like to return the CB bar that came today. Not really happy with it and it’s not for me. Please let me know what you’d like me to do and where to send it.

Best,
Greg-
Order #10093

This follow up email was sent to me on Sunday morning. You know, because some of us have no lives and are glued to our computers all weekend long...
Sent: Sunday, August 7, 2022 10:46 AM
Subject: Re: Thank you for your order

Did you guys email RE: the return on this CB bar?

I need to send it back… it will sit right where you’ll slam your head, one wont be able to wear a hat, and it would be super dangerous in a crash.

I would also suggest you guys find a much better powder coat… There is no zinc prime, and the inside is completely unfinished, which will cause it to rust pretty quickly.

Let me know where you wanna me to send it… i’ve not installed it.

Best,
Greg-

To the first email, I responded with the following this morning...
Sent: Monday, August 8, 2022 7:26 AM
To: 'Gregory Hren' <greg@bushwagoneast.com>
Subject: RE: Return - order #store@wayalife

Hi Greg,
I am sorry to hear you are unhappy with the CB BAR that you purchased from us. As is it stated in our RETURN POLICY, we only accept new, un-opened and unused items for returns.

https://wayalife.com/store/policy.php

A link to our RETURN POLICY is present on the product description and customers are encouraged to review it prior to placing an order. That said, if your CB BAR has not been opened and installed, you may ship it back to the following address:

WAYALIFE

Please be sure to include this email in an envelope attached to the outside of the box. Once your package has been received and verified to be in new, un-opened and unused condition, a refund for the product minus shipping will be sent to your account.

Sincerely,
Eddie

After reading his second email, I sent the following response...
Sent: Monday, August 8, 2022 7:33 AM
Subject: RE: Thank you for your order

Hi Greg,
I just responded to your first email, the one that was sent on Friday night. I am sorry for not responding over a weekend as I try to spend them with my family and not at work.

Regarding your CB BAR, I would like to say once again that I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with yours and appreciate the suggestion. That said, it clearly sounds like you have opened and installed your CB BAR and as it is stated in our RETURN POLICY, it will not be eligible for return.

Sincerely,
Eddie

Here's what he responded with...
Sent: Monday, August 8, 2022 8:05 AM
To: store@wayalife.com
Subject: Re: Thank you for your order

Eddie,
As I said in my eMail, did NOT install the item. I build airplanes for a living and have been doing custom fabrication for 25 years… I could tell all I needed to know just by opening the box.

Please let me know where to send the unit.

Thanks!
Greg-

And followed it up with this. Guessing to butter me up...
Sent: Monday, August 8, 2022 8:08 AM
Subject: Re: Return - order #store@wayalife

Eddie,
I just saw your first eMail… I’ll get the item back to you today to NV.

On a side note, I quickly bought the bar to support web work. I appreciate the videos you produce and know how much work goes into the production.

Best,
Greg-

My responses...
Sent: Monday, August 8, 2022 8:56 AM
Subject: RE: Thank you for your order

Hi Greg,
As mentioned, our RETURN POLICY is quite specific in that the box NEEDS to be UN-OPENED to be eligible for a return. Again, this is clearly stated on our website and customers are encouraged to read through the RETURN POLICY PRIOR to placing an order.

Sincerely,
Eddie
Sent: Monday, August 8, 2022 9:00 AM
Subject: RE: Return - order #store@wayalife.com

Greg,
You can ship the CB BAR back however, if we find ANY evidence of it being installed or damaged due to the packing being opened, you will NOT receive a refund. Again, our RETURN POLICY is clearly stated on our website and we made every effort to make sure you were aware of it.

Sincerely,
Eddie

Of course, it's my fault that he chose not to read our RETURN POLICY prior to placing his order and I am the one who's being unreasonable about his buyers remorse. Therefore, I am required to take back his order. And, being that the only thing he's done is 'simply open a package' and nothing more, he decided to go full Karen and dispute his charge with AMEX...
Sent: Monday, August 8, 2022 12:54 PM
To: store@wayalife.com
Subject: Re: Return - order #store@wayalife.com

Thanks Eddie.

It seems unreasonable that you wont take a refund if a customer simply opens packing.

I know how hard it is to run a small business, and I appreciate what you are doing, but in my opinion, the product is not safe, poorly made, and selling unusable stuff and then saying you wont take it back is not cool in my book.

Rather than go back and forth with you on this issue, and taking any more time, I’ve asked American Express to get involved and handle this for me. The unit is on its way back via UPS.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Respectfully,
Greg-

It's funny because, before he sent me that last email, I was ready to give in a bit and assuming what I got back was in new and unused condition, ready to give a refund IN SPITE OF our return policy. This is what I responded with...
Sent: Monday, August 8, 2022 1:40 PM
To: 'Greg Hren' <greg@bushwagoneast.com>
Subject: RE: Return - order #store@wayalife.com

What seems unreasonable is that you refused to review our RETURN POLICY prior to placing your order. Trying to make this my fault in spite of your lack of due diligence is not cool in my book. In spite of what you ‘tell’ me, I have no way of knowing what you actually did or didn’t do with the package and its contents once you received it. From experience, I can only tell you what I have gotten back from people in the past who claimed to have done nothing more than simply open the package. More times than not, what I got back was damaged or destroyed. As I had said, you were welcome to send back your order but IF we found ANY evidence of your order being installed or damaged, you would not be eligible for a refund. Since you’ve decided to take this matter up with your credit card company, I can only assume the worse and so I will no longer entertain the possibility of a refund. I will be sure to share exactly what has transpired with American Express.

Sincerely,
Eddie

BTW, disputing a charge due to buyers remorse is considered to be “friendly fraud” and this is something I can and will fight. If you really want me to help you out, try not to be such a self-righteous karen. You'd be surprised at how much that alone can get you.

Last edited:

jesse3638

Hooked
Please take time to note that I am NOT Amazon or some big corporation that sells products through them. The things I sell are things that I've made for myself and offer to fellow Jeepers with the hope that they will find them useful as well. With that said, I'd like to point out that we have the following RETURN POLICY on all the products and items that we have available for sale and customers are encouraged to read it, prior to placing an order:

I realize that some of you may not like what you've just read and if you are one of them, I would suggest that you do NOT purchase what we sell. In spite of what some choose to believe, it is not financially viable for me to accept returns on items that have been installed as they are extremely difficult to re-sell. Likewise, I have found that products that have been opened often times get shipped back to me without proper packaging and because of it, come back damaged or destroyed.

Now, the reason that I'm posting all this today is because I've had to deal with a guy who, 'builds airplanes for a living and has been doing custom fabrication for 25 years' named Gregory Hren. In spite of all the photos and 2 detailed installation videos that we have up on YouTube, this self-proclaimed expert still needed to open up his package, but nothing more, to tell him all that he needed to know and why he needed to return it. The following is the conversation that we had.

This first email was sent to me on Friday night...

This follow up email was sent to me on Sunday morning. You know, because some of us have no lives and are glued to our computers all weekend long...

To the first email, I responded with the following this morning...

After reading his second email, I sent the following response...

Here's what he responded with...

And followed it up with this. Guessing to butter me up...

My responses...

Of course, it's my fault that he chose not to read our RETURN POLICY prior to placing his order and I am the one who's being unreasonable about his buyers remorse. Therefore, I am required to take back his order. And, being that the only thing he's done is 'simply open a package' and nothing more, he decided to go full Karen and dispute his charge with AMEX...

It's funny because, before he sent me that last email, I was ready to give in a bit and assuming what I got back was in new and unused condition, ready to give a refund IN SPITE OF our return policy. This is what I responded with...

BTW, disputing a charge due to buyers remorse is considered to be “friendly fraud” and this is something I can and will fight. If you really want me to help you out, try not to be such a self-righteous karen. You'd be surprised at how much that alone can get you.
You sounded very reasonable IMO. As I've always said customer service goes both ways. Honestly I probably would not have read your policy prior to ordering but when you pointed it out I'd have admitted fault and tried to get you to work with me. If you chose not to then it's my fault and I'd eat the cost. Normal common sense to me, but I guess maybe because my name is Jesse not Karen or Kyle...haha.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You sounded very reasonable IMO. As I've always said customer service goes both ways. Honestly I probably would not have read your policy prior to ordering but when you pointed it out I'd have admitted fault and tried to get you to work with me. If you chose not to then it's my fault and I'd eat the cost. Normal common sense to me, but I guess maybe because my name is Jesse not Karen or Kyle...haha.
I appreciate you saying as much. Call me crazy but it's really hard to be polite and want to help someone when come off like such a karen. Attitude goes a LONG way.

jesse3638

Hooked
I appreciate you saying as much. Call me crazy but it's really hard to be polite and want to help someone when come off like such a karen. Attitude goes a LONG way.
Oh absolutely. In my new business endeavor I've yet to deal with someone like that. I'm sure in time I will though.

CalSgt

Hooked
"I could tell all I needed to know just by opening the box."

Translation: I'm too lazy to design or build what you are selling on my own so I copied your IP and am sending the product back now that I see how it is made.

"Best,
Greg-"

Translation:
"Go fuck yourself
Douchebag-"

TrailHunter

Hooked
Despite him not reading the Return Policy… We all know you would have given him a refund had he not acted like a douche.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
"I could tell all I needed to know just by opening the box."

Translation: I'm too lazy to design or build what you are selling on my own so I copied your IP and am sending the product back now that I see how it is made.

"Best,
Greg-"

Translation:
"Go fuck yourself
Douchebag-"
You know, that about sums it up perfectly.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Despite him not reading the Return Policy… We all know you would have given him a refund had he not acted like a douche.
So, I was talking to Cindy about this as it was going on and she asked me what I was going to do. And, truth be told, I said that so long as it comes back in good condition, I would just bite my tongue and give him a refund. And, that's about when he told me he contacted AMEX :rolleyes:

Sad truth is, had he just said I'm sorry, I made a mistake and didn't read the return policy. Is there anything you can do to help me out? Things would have gone a little differently.

Hi, my name's Greg. My head is too large to sit beneath your rusty CB bar let alone my Jeep's hardtop I've never taken off, and my skull is too thick to comprehend how I can't lie about being able to read a return policy even though I'm typing email after email. Also what's a box and how can one open it? It seems you've accused me of doing so. That's right, I'm the victim.

Worst,
Greg

Top Bottom