Pet Peeves - What Pisses You Off?

jeeeep

Hooked
I really hate when people ask me a question that they've already come to a conclusion about and all based on what "they say". Like, who the fuck is they? And really, why not just listen to "them"??

Here's an example of what I'm talking about.

View attachment 395992
well shit, I've been using those silly headlight adjustment screws to aim my headlights after replacing them with those pesky brighter, now I can see the road LED bulbs.
I've also read those things... instructions! that come with those shitty non-aimable LED's on how to rotate them for proper beam alignment.
I'm an asshole, always doing things after many people have said it can't be done...

GP NOIR

Hooked
I replaced the halogen lamps in my Wrangler and SWAMBO's Grand Cherokee with LED lamps after watching several YouTube videos on the subject. We didn't get any fancy halos and the headlights are of a rather plain style, but the LED lamps far outperform the OEM halogen lamps as well many of the fancy, high dollar LED headlight systems.

Three important items need to be addressed before installing LED lamps in halogen headlight reflectors. First, make sure the LED lamp is designed to work in a halogen reflector. The LEDs of the lamp need to be arraigned in a certain pattern for best performance. Second, make sure the LED lamp is clocked correctly. If the LED lamp isn't clocked correctly in the reflector, the pattern will be off and impossible to aim. Performance will be poor. Third, make sure the reflector is clocked correctly when installed on the Jeep. Again, it will throw off the pattern. I know from first hand experience about Items 2 & 3.

Whoever the "many people" are that think you can't aim halogen reflectors with LED lamps installed are repeating crap they read without any personal experience. As Abraham Lincoln, 2nd President of the United States so eloquently put it, "Don't believe anything you read on the internet and only half of what you see."

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
People (mostly teens) who walk around a store listening to music on their ear buds while looking at their phone and then, when they almost get hit by your shopping cart as they blindly cross the isle, turn to you and glare... like somehow, you're the douchebag for almost hitting them :rolleyes:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
People (mostly teens) who walk around a store listening to music on their ear buds while looking at their phone and then, when they almost get hit by your shopping cart as they blindly cross the isle, turn to you and glare... like somehow, you're the douchebag for almost hitting them :rolleyes:
How about store employees with AirPods in while working. Pretty crazy to me to think store managers allow that.

TrailHunter

Hooked
How about store employees with AirPods in while working. Pretty crazy to me to think store managers allow that.
IMG_1296.jpeg

Aceisback

Hooked
I’ve talked about the solar farms and windmills they’ve been wrecking the Mojave Desert with before. Now, here are a couple of short videos I shot today during a drive to the town of Mojave.

California Solar Farm, near the Nevada border. They took away our desert access for this? That’s a lot of acreage they destroyed for “Green Energy”

This is just west of the town of Mojave. Damned windmills stretch for miles. The area used to be famous for the beautiful fields of California poppies that carpeted the hills. Now it’s desolation

Absolutely hate what they’ve done to Tehachapi and Mojave. I remember when pretty much the only thing sticking up out of the desert there was a bunch of jet tail fins.

Aceisback

Hooked
It’s my fault. I started pulling the cart from the front a few years ago because I got tired of having to lean over the shopping cart to look around the end caps before crossing the aisle to avoid collisions with the Oblivions. It’s also easier to load the cart. But I make room so others can get by and there ain’t no way I’m coming up right on anyone’s smelly ass.

Since I started doing this, I’ve noticed others doing it as well.

You’re welcome.
🤣🤣🤣Fucking Oblivions.🤣🤣🤣
Have never heard that term before but I’ll be damned if I haven’t seen thousands of them aimlessly roaming amongst us.😡
Sometimes you just want to Tazer them to see if they would even react.🤷‍♂️

Top Bottom