Pee Pee Lucas: Worst Troll EVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
There was a thread a few days ago. A new member (with way more computer skills than me) identified a security threat on a vendors website. It wasn't well received.

I cannot confirm the validity of his claims.

He was just stating his opinion right?

LOL! GTFO!

That guy said specifically that discount tires website was the cause of his bank account being broken into. He had zero proof besides the fact that he visited the site. He also visited a bunch of other site. And how is that bashing a company?

MarkW13

LOL! GTFO!

That guy said specifically that discount tires website was the cause of his bank account being broken into. He had zero proof besides the fact that he visited the site. He also visited a bunch of other site. And how is that bashing a company?

His logic was on the lighter side. As stated I was using it as an example. I believe his first post (which has been edited) said to steer clear of the vendor because of his issue. No different than saying to steer clear of a brand.

Which is also why disabling the edit function on a troll is not a bad idea.

TheDuff

There was a thread a few days ago. A new member (with way more computer skills than me) identified a security threat on a vendors website. It wasn't well received.

I cannot confirm the validity of his claims.

He was just stating his opinion right?

In all fairness his original post was just a claim that DT's site caused his issues and demanded they fix thier site. It wasn't till people responded negatively that he edited his post and took the stance that he was just trying to warn other members of the sites "possible" issues.
He could of just handled that in a completely different manner, for example: pm'ed the DT rep on the forum, letting the rep know of a potential site security problem, and either asking for permission to make a thread on it or asking the rep to make a thread to warn the community.
It's really not that difficult

MarkW13

In all fairness his original post was just a claim that DT's site caused his issues and demanded they fix thier site. It wasn't till people responded negatively that he edited his post and took the stance that he was just trying to warn other members of the sites "possible" issues.
He could of just handled that in a completely different manner, for example: pm'ed the DT rep on the forum, letting the rep know of a potential site security problem, and either asking for permission to make a thread on it or asking the rep to make a thread to warn the community.
It's really not that difficult

Many things could be handled differently, that is my point.

TheDuff

Many things could be handled differently, that is my point.

There always could be, but the fact of the matter is this is a private forum that is run exactly how the owner wants. If the mods where doing stuff in a way that said owner did not like, I would assume he would handle it. Your opinion on how things are done on this forum, are just that, an opinion. My opinion would be, if you don't like how it's done, you should privately take it up with the forum owner. Again, just my opinion.

MarkW13

There always could be, but the fact of the matter is this is a private forum that is run exactly how the owner wants. If the mods where doing stuff in a way that said owner did not like, I would assume he would handle it. Your opinion on how things are done on this forum, are just that, an opinion. My opinion would be, if you don't like how it's done, you should privately take it up with the forum owner. Again, just my opinion.

Nothing is done in private here. Rule #1.

MarkW13

You sure seem passionate about this. If I may ask, why is this even bothering you?

I really feel people are being driven away by a wolf pack (near bullying) approach to things. I like the forum and hate to see friends leaving because of how some things are handled.

I was always taught to stand up for what you believe.

I also will stop once my message has been delivered. Mindless bantering and rediculous personal attacks aren't my style.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I really feel people are being driven away by a wolf pack (near bullying) approach to things. I like the forum and hate to see friends leaving because of how some things are handled.

I also will stop once my message has been delivered. Mindless bantering and rediculous personal attacks aren't my style.

Well, your message has been delivered.

TheDuff

You do realize that alot of these "trolls" come here to intentionally stir the pot right? Why give respect to those that are disrepectful?

JokerJKU

You do realize that alot of these "trolls" come here to intentionally stir the pot right? Why give respect to those that are disrepectful?

Because it proves you're better than they are? If you stoop to their level and act as poorly as they do, you're just as bad as them.

Having class and acting honorably isn't something that gets set aside because someone acts dishonorable or classless in your presence. Though many here seem to feel that the actions of others justify any actions they feel like taking, no matter how crass, classless, or dishonorable they may be.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Because it proves you're better than they are? If you stoop to their level and act as poorly as they do, you're just as bad as them.

Having class and acting honorably isn't something that gets set aside because someone acts dishonorable or classless in your presence. Though many here seem to feel that the actions of others justify any actions they feel like taking, no matter how crass, classless, or dishonorable they may be.

Right, because treating them with respect, works so well.

MarkW13

Well said.

thardy

Banned
The majority of the troll situations that I have seen revolve around product opinions. Someone asks opinions about a product, asks suggestions about what brand product to get, or posts up pictures of a new mod and then they get upset when they don't hear what they are wanting to hear. Instead of understanding that the only opinion that truly matters is their own, they get butt hurt and try to defend themselves and it escalates from there.

JokerJKU

Right, because treating them with respect, works so well.

Your way seems to be working wonderfully as well.

My point is that even though others might act with disrespect and a lack of class, that doesn't excuse the same behavior in return. Acting honorably isn't something you do because others are honorable, it's something you do because it's right.

JokerJKU

The majority of the troll situations that I have seen revolve around product opinions. Someone asks opinions about a product, asks suggestions about what brand product to get, or posts up pictures of a new mod and then they get upset when they don't hear what they are wanting to hear. Instead of understanding that the only opinion that truly matters is their own, they get butt hurt and try to defend themselves and it escalates from there.

Or there's post 369 in this thread. Pretty sure that post had nothing to do with a product opinion. It was simply crass, classless, and dishonorable on every level. It doesn't matter what the troll did, that post wasn't warranted and is a stain on the reputation of the person posting it. Though I suspect that individual could care less and that tells me all I really need to know about that person's character.

Link

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Your way seems to be working wonderfully as well.

My point is that even though others might act with disrespect and a lack of class, that doesn't excuse the same behavior in return. Acting honorably isn't something you do because others are honorable, it's something you do because it's right.
thats a wonderful thought.

So we take the high road and just ban them (we've been down this path).
Next thing you know they are calling vendors, and posting everywhere how they are wrongfully banned. Now we look like the assholes. Then jeeps start showing up at Sema with banned licenses plates.

It's kinda like the hands up don't shoot the media pushed. If it goes on unchecked people start believing it to be true.

Nope, they can fuck right off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom