Overland & Underpaid a WJ story...

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
No big update or anything. Really, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the supportive comments. It always helps when doing a build to get a few kudos to keep you motivated.
Especially when the build is over a fairly long time without even driving it for months and months. Gotta say I really appreciate it, and even to those out there who clicked in just to take a look without commenting.

Looks amazing! Well done, now time to hit the trail
2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Almost ready to hit the trail. Just need longer shocks, front bump stops, rear sway bar, two more tires, front drive shaft and yokes, retube the rear shaft... etc. :cheesy:

wjtstudios

Hooked
Overland & Underpaid a WJ story...

Almost ready to hit the trail. Just need longer shocks, front bump stops, rear sway bar, two more tires, front drive shaft and yokes, retube the rear shaft... etc. :cheesy:

It never ends!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Up on all fours!

Good news! I was able to swing the other two tires a couple of weeks early. I was kind of hating seeing it squat so low in the back on the stockers.
Even though I did the test fit on one side, it still looks much better with all four bolted on. It almost feels like seeing it on 35ish tires for the first time. It was also nice to get her out of the garage even if just to take pics.
Still very pleased with choosing to go with the 6 inch lift and skipping the 33's. This really was the look I wanted. The next money spent will be on better, longer shocks as these are for the 4 inch kit.

Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 11.55.21 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 11.55.56 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 11.56.31 AM.jpg

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Christmas and the rack

Christmas was good Jeep-wise. I got an ARB tire deflater and although it isn't here yet, my wife ordered a ADDCO 1 inch rear sway bar. Stoked for that to come in.

Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 11.51.16 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 12.18.29 PM.jpg

Also, from my measurements, the Grand wasn't going to fit in the garage with the Rola rack on. However, I got to looking at the mounting brackets and figured out that if I flip them upside down, they drop the rack down enough that it will work for me. It's tight, but I have between 3/4's to maybe a full inch of clearance now at it's closest point.

Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 11.57.16 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 11.58.02 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 11.58.48 AM.jpg

Last edited:

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Looking good!!! 315s look great on your Jeep, seems like the perfect size
Thanks! You never know for sure when going with an uncommon tire size for your vehicle, but I'm glad it worked out.

Tight fit! Jeeps looking great!!
Thank you! Glad I found a solution for the rack. I really like it and my wife was a little pissed about wasting the money on it LOL.

Wow! That thing looks great!! It’s really coming together.
Thank you, sir! It's fun to do something that not everybody has.

It looks awesome. Loves those wheels 35s was the right choice.
Thanks, my wife wasn't sure on the wheels at first because she thought the bronze would clash with the silver and be ugly. Once they were installed, she was sold on them. Personally, I think wheels make the vehicle.

Looking good man!
I appreciate you following this build. I am enjoying yours as well. I think we are getting in on something that is building in popularity. Nobody cared about the XJ Cherokees for a long time but now, everybody wants one. Prices on those are insane, thus I bought a WJ. I have seen a lot of interest building in them in the last two or three years.

Looks badass.
Thanks! That means a bunch coming from probably the most knowledgeable WJ guru I have come across.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I hear you. I love my WJ. I'm starting too see more of the aftermarket for them. You can't beat the affordability as well. I paid more than I wanted, but it was pretty clean with low miles for the year.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom