Oscar's No Build Thread

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Picking up a few last minute items and hitting the road. Going to take advantage of this Indian summer we’re having in Wisconsin!

IMG_2640.jpg

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I love it when a plan comes together! I purposely choose the Midland Micro MXT275 GMRS Radio due to it’s compact size and controls integrated into the mic. The intent was to hide the base unit somewhere so I wouldn’t have to worry about it getting stolen. I often leave the top down and doors at home so security is an issue when leaving the Jeep parked in public. It’s hard to steal something if you don’t know it’s there and I think I accomplished that. Simply unplug the mic and store it in the under seat security box. Then move the magnetic antenna and store under the hood. Radio, what radio?

Now if anybody wants to share a great place to hang a mic in a JK I’d love to hear about it. I’m not thrilled about its current location.

IMG_3180.jpg

IMG_3190.jpg

IMG_3182.jpg

IMG_3181.jpg

IMG_3188.JPG

IMG_3189.JPG

TrailHunter

Hooked
Now if anybody wants to share a great place to hang a mic in a JK I’d love to hear about it. I’m not thrilled about its current location.

I used the same mic bracket I’ve had for the cobra 75... mounts behind the passenger grab handle. Easy & clean.

IMG_6038.jpg
IMG_6039.jpg

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I won this Warn Epic Roll Top Backpack awhile back at a local club function. I dug it out of the closet and filled it with my recovery gear this morning. It’s quite nice as it’s made from Cordura fabric, has water resistance zipper and fairly large at 28L. The roll top is interesting, undo the buckle and unroll to find a heavy duty velcro enclosure. I like the idea as there is no zipper that may get caked with mud and eventually fail. The inside has a padded laptop pocket that also works good to neatly store the winch dampener. The rest filled in the main storage area with lots of room to spare. It also stores nicely under the center back seat which I like a lot! Looks like they retail from $75 to $100 so it’s a bit pricey, but definitely a quality item.

IMG_3209.jpg

IMG_3210.jpg

IMG_3205.jpg

IMG_3208.jpg

IMG_3214.jpg

simonjk

Caught the Bug
I love it when a plan comes together! I purposely choose the Midland Micro MXT275 GMRS Radio due to it’s compact size and controls integrated into the mic. The intent was to hide the base unit somewhere so I wouldn’t have to worry about it getting stolen. I often leave the top down and doors at home so security is an issue when leaving the Jeep parked in public. It’s hard to steal something if you don’t know it’s there and I think I accomplished that. Simply unplug the mic and store it in the under seat security box. Then move the magnetic antenna and store under the hood. Radio, what radio?

View attachment 358413

View attachment 358414

View attachment 358415

View attachment 358416

View attachment 358417

View attachment 358418

I like this set up you have. Question though, how is the sound on it? I’m in the market for one and like how this one is small and can be placed out of the way. The CBs I have ran in the past, sometimes I had trouble hearing them (top down, doors off, exhaust, mud tires), granted this was only during road driving to/from wheeling.

12 Jeep JKU Sport

Top Bottom