Oscar's No Build Thread

sipafz

Caught the Bug
^^^^ Thanks for the kind words Fellas!

Too cold to be outside so I’m always grateful to have a warm, dry place to rinse the salt off!

IMG_0440.jpg

When I got home, I found a pair of cheap ass, Chinese made wheel spacers sitting on my porch:

IMG_0441.jpg

After some measuring, I decided to just purchase spacers so I can get my spare tire back where it belongs. If any ACTIVE MEMBER can use the other, it’s yours for the cost of shipping. Please note that it’s only 1 1/4” wide with the normal 5x5 / 5x5 pattern 1/2-20 threads and 10.9 grade studs.

I still need to extend the isolators about 3/4” to 1” and I’m going to try this method that notnalc68 posted some time ago.

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0437.jpg

Feels good to be wrapping up this modification and I’m loving how the Jeep is looking!

sipafz

Caught the Bug
^^^^^ Thanks!

Picked up some #8 Rubber Stoppers and they seem to make decent contact with the tire. At first I used dish soap to help get them in, but that made them move too easy and be too loose. Rinsed the soap and installed them dry, That did the trick to keep them firm and tight. [emoji848] (insert joke here)

IMG_0460.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
^^^^^ Thanks!

Picked up some #8 Rubber Stoppers and they seem to make decent contact with the tire. At first I used dish soap to help get them in, but that made them move too easy and be too loose. Rinsed the soap and installed them dry, That did the trick to keep them firm and tight. [emoji848] (insert joke here)

View attachment 341212

Raw dog Wednesday.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Meanwhile, back in Wisconsin, It was 54 and sunny so I decided to be that guy... [emoji41]

Adjustments.jpg

May 23 is my guess to total meltdown.

Nice ride through the burbs!

Adjustments.jpg

Top Bottom