My JKU (Low Budget, Slow Build)

Jeep4me2

2012jkfng702 said:
Lookin good. Slowly but surely. I'm waiting on my rear tire carrier as we speak but should be in on Fri.

What did you get? Please post a pic when you get it installed, I'm still trying to get ideas on what I want to do.

Drayko88

What type of lift and tires are you looking at? Please let me know and post pics when you get it done, i have a black sport and i like how your build is looking : ), unfortunatly mine is slow going too because of budget : (

Jeep4me2

Drayko88 said:
What type of lift and tires are you looking at? Please let me know and post pics when you get it done, i have a black sport and i like how your build is looking : ), unfortunatly mine is slow going too because of budget : (

.......word...

Jeep4me2

March 1st
Finally took off my Sahara steps. I think my Jeep looks better without them.

image-1690564311.jpg

image-2208100019.jpg

image-2151152418.jpg

Attachments

• image-55574342.jpg
    image-55574342.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 165
  • image-3256670062.jpg
    image-3256670062.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 144

Jeep4me2

Meanwhile, some touch up paint is drying on the Rubicon take-offs I scored from a High Tech Superhero they call Merlin.
-Thanks again, bro

image-4004888806.jpg

Jeep4me2

I love UPS. They can make it feel like Christmas in April...

Attachments

• image-3447859266.jpg
    image-3447859266.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 157

Jeep4me2

Ok, so I bought TF 2.5 inch Budget Boost spacers, swaybars, and shock extensions used.

image-2671579466.jpg

Then I got the balance of the lift kit directly from Teraflex.

I'm not going to use the shock extensions, as I ordered and just took delivery of my Bilstein 5100's from Northridge 4x4.

I plan to do the install over the weekend. Wish me luck, as I have ZERO experience with suspensions. But lucky for me I'm bad Mother F-ER. Hahaha!

NAUJK

RC Bumper

So you are pleased with the RC hybrid bumper? I have been looking at that bumper for a while. I like the look and its price isnt bad either for a winch type bumper. My build is also low budget, but the way I am trying to build my rig is with a low budget and light in weight, so ive been interested in that bumper, It looks good im glad I can see it on a normal rig rather than in the RC rig pictures! I like it!

Jeep4me2

GCM 2 said:
Glad to see that you got those wheel spacers you had put the feeler out there for :thumb:

Lol, no I didn't get any replies to that thread. Luckily, I was the first to reply to another members for sale thread on JK Forum.

Jeep4me2

NAUJK said:
So you are pleased with the RC hybrid bumper? I have been looking at that bumper for a while. I like the look and its price isnt bad either for a winch type bumper. My build is also low budget, but the way I am trying to build my rig is with a low budget and light in weight, so ive been interested in that bumper, It looks good im glad I can see it on a normal rig rather than in the RC rig pictures! I like it!

Yeah, thanks, bro! I really like it. Definitely a good value. I like that it's light weight and yet seems pretty sturdy. I have a small winch, only 8k, but IMO, it tucks it away nicely. I also like that its something different than most of the other ones out there. Price was definitely a factor on why I went with that particular bumper, but I have no regrets. I'm actually quite happy with it.

NAUJK

Yeah, thanks, bro! I really like it. Definitely a good value. I like that it's light weight and yet seems pretty sturdy. I have a small winch, only 8k, but IMO, it tucks it away nicely. I also like that its something different than most of the other ones out there. Price was definitely a factor on why I went with that particular bumper, but I have no regrets. I'm actually quite happy with it.

You have the Smitty XRC8 right? I hear good things about that winch. A friend a mine has it on his Rubi JKU, Ive been thinking of that winch with the RC bumper. Ive been curious as to how it would fit with it and now I guess I know! It fits great and looks good.

Thanks for the thread, Ill def keep up with it like to see the progression of that good lookin rig you already got goin there! Good Luck to ya and thank you again!

Jeep4me2

NAUJK said:
You have the Smitty XRC8 right? I hear good things about that winch. A friend a mine has it on his Rubi JKU, Ive been thinking of that winch with the RC bumper. Ive been curious as to how it would fit with it and now I guess I know! It fits great and looks good.

Thanks for the thread, Ill def keep up with it like to see the progression of that good lookin rig you already got goin there! Good Luck to ya and thank you again!

Yeah, I've used a few winches at work, and have messed around with mine. I've gotta say I really like the synthetic line over the steel cable.

But I've gotta say Thank you... really!
I know the vast majority of us [on this forum] are neither rich nor have sponsors, yet sometimes I feel like my little build must seem like a joke to most of the other members.
I'm just a regular working smoe with a small budget and a wife who won't let me get crazy with the credit cards (lucky for me, lol), I appreciate your comments.

Top Bottom