Moab BLM Land Use Lawsuit - PLEASE COMMENT

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Please comment on the BLM website to help keep Moab trails open. The Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance is trying to shut down access to 330,000 acres of motorized recreation outside of Moab. This includes every trail west of Hwy 191 and north of Moab up to I-70. This includes Rusty Nail, Gold Bar Rim, Golden Spike, Poison Spider Mesa, Sevenmile Rim, The Pickle, Gemini Bridges and more.

Click on the green “...” icon on the left. Scroll all the way to the right and click “Participate Now” and please make a comment to help keep these trails open! Even if you haven’t wheeled in Moab, you may in the future and these trails could be closed. If they get these trails closed then they will just keep going with their BS with the rest of BLM and National Forest Trails across our country at some point. Comments are due by April 26th.
Appreciate you bringing this to everyone's attention.

jasont0311

Caught the Bug
Done and done, its a shame when people don't give a shit and make everyone look bad. I always bring an extra trash bag on some of the trails out here.

bhaner

From the middle of one of the "Jeep" trails... So destroyed....

Attachments

• 20200515_111716.jpg
    20200515_111716.jpg
    358.6 KB · Views: 29

DaJudge

Done! If they closed those trails it would kill Moab! Half the trails there are in that swath.

I actually got an email from Power Tank about this.

Last edited:

TheGrendel

They are also posting how the BLM's Juniper eradication project is bad for climate change. If they only knew that juniper are very thirsty and suck up 100's of gallons of water per tree a day. They also used to be kept in check by wildfire. Humans have become so good at suppressing them that they have begun to over run prairie lands choking out natural grass lands which in turn affects the habitat for sage grouse, an endangerd species. Hmmmmm
See central and west texas for just how bad Ash Juniper can get without the natural and man made (Indian) fires that used to burn through the state regularly.

Top Bottom