Lift advice

the idea of the initial post was lift ideas so i tossed in my opinion which I am entitled too and y'all piranhas attacked it like you designed the jeep

Your lift idea is fine and dandy but then you provided inaccurate information. No one attacked you. We're trying to provide accurate information on the forum.

I'd be willing to bet most people in this forum buy parts and pay shops to put it all on

You'd lose that bet because you obviously don't know shit about most people on this forum.

I don't get why everyone has to be a Johnny storm cloud and hate on everybody's shot for no reason.

Nobody's hating on anybody. The OP wants actual lift advice, not bullshit that isn't accurate.

My caster is exactly the same as it was the day she came off the line, brake lines should be done but are not necessary unless you plan on hardcore wheeling, and the front driveshaft can be extended far further than a 6in lift will allow for without putting any unnecessary stress on the u-joints. I think someone is sour they spent a fortune on their jeep and got nowhere with it.....

I can tell you right now that you are wrong. I have a 6.5 inch lift and left the driveline completely stock. I had to remove my front driveshaft because it was about to shear itself apart and I wasn't even using 4 wheel drive. Even if you changed your pinion angle the front driveshaft is maxed out so one significant droop of your front axle and bye bye shaft. The rear yes, I am still running my stock rear. But the front is a no go. You sir, your witchcraft is flawed.

Savage,
You said you have 3-4 in of droop before your brake lines get tight. Which means you have 3-4 inches of flex correct? Not busting your balls just making sure I understand you correctly. If that's the case than the only trails that rig could conquer is the occasional curb in the mall.

2.5 inch lift and 37's. Some rubbing but should have the money in 6 weeks to order the front and rear drive shafts for the 4 inch lift.

Attachments

• 1459133366665.jpg
    1459133366665.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 136
Better yet, go have someone else that actually knows what they're doing measure your caster.

I can tell you right now that you are wrong. I have a 6.5 inch lift and left the driveline completely stock. I had to remove my front driveshaft because it was about to shear itself apart and I wasn't even using 4 wheel drive. Even if you changed your pinion angle the front driveshaft is maxed out so one significant droop of your front axle and bye bye shaft. The rear yes, I am still running my stock rear. But the front is a no go. You sir, your witchcraft is flawed.

Savage,
You said you have 3-4 in of droop before your brake lines get tight. Which means you have 3-4 inches of flex correct? Not busting your balls just making sure I understand you correctly. If that's the case than the only trails that rig could conquer is the occasional curb in the mall.

I cant even do this thread anymore...

Come on guys, go easy.

He's clearly a badass.

Closer to 87 in front and 86 rear, that's in my garage, however level that may be

:thinking: I'm sorry to add to this dogpile, BUT...So after WJCO asked you to measure, you ran out, grabbed your protractor, laid down in the dark and measured your front AND rear axles, then came back and posted the results within 3 minutes? BS, man.

OP: Save some bucks, do the BB, raise your family, do Jeep mods as money becomes available.

Last edited:
This is the first lift I have done. That's why I am asking for advice. I do appreciate it. I was wanting to go 4 but u guys are making sense. That's why I came here first. If I get the budget boost do I also need the leveling kit?

No. The budget boost will level it. The EVO coils ride better than stock.

I don't know how I missed this train wreck of a thread, but it sure has made for some great reading over the Monday morning coffee. :thumb:

Top Bottom