Lift advice

Brake likes I'm going to change just because I would like the extra room but I still have 3-4 inches of droop before they even come close to taught

I stand corrected the abs sensor was short on the driver side front so I had to chop it and splice in an extension

Either way, your advice is incorrect and should be ignored. Geometry needs to be corrected by adjustable control arms, not shitty brackets or any other half assed method. Brake lines should be replaced. The front drive shaft should be replaced, and this is for anything 3" or higher.

My caster is exactly the same as it was the day she came off the line, brake lines should be done but are not necessary unless you plan on hardcore wheeling, and the front driveshaft can be extended far further than a 6in lift will allow for without putting any unnecessary stress on the u-joints. I think someone is sour they spent a fortune on their jeep and got nowhere with it.....

My caster is exactly the same as it was the day she came off the line, brake lines should be done but are not necessary unless you plan on hardcore wheeling, and the front driveshaft can be extended far further than a 6in lift will allow for without putting any unnecessary stress on the u-joints. I think someone is sour they spent a fortune on their jeep and got nowhere with it.....

Not sour, just think you're full of shit. You lifted your jeep 6" with stock control arms and your caster didn't change?

It blew my mind too, believe me. But nothing changed. My bump steer from the 2.5 actually went away when I added the extra 3.5

I promise you it's not, measurements are all the same as when it was stock, my degree tool may be a half off but nothing really changed, "adjustable" control arms typically aren't longer than the stock ones
No, i mean, its literally impossible. You cant be serious....

This whole thread has gone to shit.

Original caster measured on flat ground. New caster measured on big hill. :idontknow: My head hurts.

6 inch lift with no adjustable arms. Jeep run good for you long time.

No other contributions at this time.

Last edited:
Well mine are stock and haven't run a problem yet. Aside from gas mileage but that's just a jeep thing

When did you do this so called lift? Yesterday? You're a fucking idiot if you think you can come on here and tell people that and not expect us call bullshit.

When did you do this so called lift? Yesterday? You're a fucking idiot if you think you can come on here and tell people that and not expect us call bullshit.

Been using the 2.5 for about 7 months and added the extra 3.5 about 3 months ago just drove it halfway across the country on the worst highway in the world (through Oklahoma) without an issue and probably 100 miles on trails since it was all done and sure it's not all ideal but everything works just fine and the idea of the initial post was lift ideas so i tossed in my opinion which I am entitled too and y'all piranhas attacked it like you designed the jeep haha I mean come on, I'd be willing to bet most people in this forum buy parts and pay shops to put it all on, working class garage mechanics make do with what they have and I picked up springs with a slight sag from a buddy for 20$ so I threw them on and my keeps runs just fucking dandy, I don't get why everyone has to be a Johnny storm cloud and hate on everybody's shot for no reason.

Top Bottom