Let’s See How Smoky it is Near You

jesse3638

Hooked
Was just looking at some fire maps. It really sucks the SQF complex took the shift it did. It burned right through the area we camped and explored this summer. We were planning on making it an annual trip. I was commenting to my wife on just how thick and dead that part of the forest was and how a fire would be unstoppable through there.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I know this thread is about smoke but I was up in paradise this week and took some pictures from the damage from the 2018 Camp Fire. Was pretty weird driving through town. Not sure how to describe it really. Neighborhoods were empty with just empty lots and driveways. Tons of cleanup still going on two years later.

IMG_0702.jpg
IMG_0703.jpg
IMG_0707.jpg
IMG_0706.jpg IMG_0711.jpg

Where a shopping center used to be

IMG_0709.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jsouder53

Hooked
I know this thread is about smoke but I was up in paradise this week and took some pictures from the damage from the 2018 Camp Fire. Was pretty weird driving through town. Not sure how to describe it really. Neighborhoods were empty with just empty lots and driveways. Tons of cleanup still going on two years later.

View attachment 354512
View attachment 354513
View attachment 354515
View attachment 354518 View attachment 354519

View attachment 354516

That’s sad, my old boss is from paradise I believe. He built quite a few houses there before he moved to Montana

jesse3638

Hooked

View attachment 354512
View attachment 354513
View attachment 354515
View attachment 354518 View attachment 354519

View attachment 354516

That's wild. We camped up on the Sequoia this summer, went out to the Golden Trout Pack Station, went into Camp Nelson for fuel, and explored that who norther end. It was all impacted by the Sequoia complex after. The campground we stayed at appears to have been burned. Really sucks.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jsouder53

Hooked
Over the past few days it has been getting smokier. Today, it is getting darker as the morning goes on… It almost looks as if it’s going to rain. A1BF7258-E9BB-4886-A097-E7BDE64B7B10.jpeg

Top Bottom