JL-EXPERIENCE : REUNION - PART 2 | Rock Crawling Fun in Arizona

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Crazy wicked. Showing some real skills guys.

Thanks! It's always nice to wheel with a group like this :yup:

Wow simply awesome. That Rancho suspension has me thinkin about canceling my order for the Jeep Fox setup. But my Jeep is just a Sahara. Thanks Eddie and Cindy just awesome!!

To be fair, we're running the upgraded 3.5" coils and 9000 long travel shocks. Granted, I would have totally run this with the 2.5" lift they sell. Of course, that kit is only about $640. :yup:

Loving the videos! I am definitely going to take a trip out there soon because it looks awesome! Thank for always working so hard on filming and posting videos Eddie and Cindy!

We're happy to share our videos with you and glad that you enjoy them :)

Those were some crazy washes you drove down. Looks like you're getting some good flex from that Rancho lift.

Scariest part was that red can at the end of the video. I thought you were about to drink a coke!

LOL!! Dogfishhead makes some fine brews :beer:

How does Mel even find these trails? I’m surprised there wasn’t any cut tires because some of those rocks looked jagged and sharp. Great Adventure!!

This was a locals only trail. It's legit and one that goes up to a series of mines but not one anyone in the area likes to talk about. The rocks out there are super sharp and it wouldn't have surprised me in the least if there were a few flats along the way. We got lucky.

jeeeep

Hooked
I'm curious how many of the JL's had the 2.0.

I'm shopping and dealers have a lot of the 2.0's on the lots

jjlong

Great video as always! The Arizona desert is absolutely my favorite place to wheel. I'm going to hunt down that trail for sure!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video as always! The Arizona desert is absolutely my favorite place to wheel. I'm going to hunt down that trail for sure!

Awesome. If you find it, please keep it on the down low and NOT post up where it is.

SLO

Eddie, after doing the JLX, what are your thoughts on rear bumpers for the JL. Saw that both you and Mel damaged the body in the same corner. Would you go with a wider rear bumper like the Motobilt or similar?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
JL-EXPERIENCE : REUNION - PART 2 | Rock Crawling in Arizona

Eddie, after doing the JLX, what are your thoughts on rear bumpers for the JL. Saw that both you and Mel damaged the body in the same corner. Would you go with a wider rear bumper like the Motobilt or similar?

No. What we were doing wasn't a normal run with friends, it was the JLX. If we weren't so pressed to be on the move and took some time to stack rocks, we could have totally prevented the body damage. For me personally, I hate full width bumpers and would never want the 100 lbs or more that most bumper weigh but of course, that's just me. I would like to protect these corners especially being that they hang so much lower than the JK corners but I'll have to find or make a better option.

wjtstudios

Hooked
No. What we were doing wasn't a normal run with friends, it was the JLX. If we weren't so pressed to be on the move and took some time to stack rocks, we could have totally prevented the body damage. For me personally, I hate full width bumpers and would never want the 100 lbs or more that most bumper weigh but of course, that's just me. I would like to protect these corners especially being that they hang so much lower than the JK corners but I'll have to find or make a better option.

I’ve run with a number of scramblers over the years that welded up square tube sliders tied to the frame and rear cross member to protect those corners which are even more accentuated than the JL. I don’t have the experience with the JL to know if something like that might work, but it’s been affective for them. Just a thought

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

pop2tu

Loved the video! Driving Line released their cut... 7 minutes long for the whole week. 🤪

The thing that makes your videos great are the interactions with people as well as the Jeeps. That DL video had me yawning 2 minutes in. Your 30 minutes went by in a flash. [emoji106]

"We're gonna end up down there" 🤣 He just failed to mention how. [emoji23]🤣

Awesome spotting by Greg! I know first hand how important a great spotter is. He's one of the best I've ever seen! I hope to be able to run some trails with him someday. [emoji482]

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

WTF! That’s 7 minutes of my life I will never get back! You were so right about Driving Lines video. There were no action shots, the best action shot they got was of a donkey in Oatman! I guess they were scared to take out the big cameras.

So glad Eddie and Cindy got to film.
Handycam for the win

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
Again kick ass video...I watched if within the first 10 minutes if it being posted....then watched it again!! Definitely got a little interesting quickly! Can't wait for the next video!!!!

Thank you guys for bringing us along in the adventure!

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Had fun watching another of your “home movies”! Terrific work, as always!

Thank you. We're so glad that you had fun watching it :)

I’ve run with a number of scramblers over the years that welded up square tube sliders tied to the frame and rear cross member to protect those corners which are even more accentuated than the JL. I don’t have the experience with the JL to know if something like that might work, but it’s been affective for them. Just a thought

Yeah, I've seen what you're talking about before and I'm kicking around some ideas. Thanks for the help :cool:

Nothing more I can say than wow! Thank you for making us a part of that experience.

Awesome! We're so glad that you enjoyed it :)

Wow
Catching up on this video and it is superb.
Thumbs up to everyone who made this event possible
[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Thank you, we really do appreciate it :)

Wow and awesome. One of your best videos yet. :thankyou::clap2::clap2:

We're so glad to hear it, thank you :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Gotta think Mel is sizing things up after seeing it all first hand. Hopefully options will be available.

Oh yeah, he's already working on it :yup:

WTF! That’s 7 minutes of my life I will never get back! You were so right about Driving Lines video. There were no action shots, the best action shot they got was of a donkey in Oatman! I guess they were scared to take out the big cameras.

So glad Eddie and Cindy got to film.
Handycam for the win

LOL!! Cindy and I weren't there to film a commercial for Nitto, we were there to capture some of the fun we were having. Our footage may not be in slow-mo or the prettiest but you do get to see things from our perspective or at least, when we were allowed to. We're glad to hear you liked our video :)

Again kick ass video...I watched if within the first 10 minutes if it being posted....then watched it again!! Definitely got a little interesting quickly! Can't wait for the next video!!!!

Thank you guys for bringing us along in the adventure!

Thank you. We're so glad that we could bring you along and that you enjoyed what you saw :)

Another excellent video.

Thank you :)

Top Bottom