JL-EXPERIENCE : REUNION - PART 2 | Rock Crawling Fun in Arizona

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What an amazing video and unreal terrain! If I saw just a snapshot of Mel’s rig I would’ve bet he went over. I’m very surprised and glad he didn’t.

Looking forward to the next one! ����

Mel got really lucky for sure. The whole thing happened in slow motion and his rocker guard and tire just caught the rocky outcrop which kept him from going over. If he had gone over, it would have been really bad.

Wow, that was definitely a tight trail for Jeeps, and I think that was as far as you could tip a Jeep! Good recovery all.

LOL! Yep, Mel was basically standing on his nose there. :crazyeyes:

Man part 2 was amazing! Great job Eddie and Cindy! Thank you for the amazing footage.

So glad you enjoyed it :)

Awesome video Eddie & Cindy !! Always very nice to see them.
Great job with JET LI with these specifications. And keeping the shiny side up.

I love the design of the new shot glasses, but do not expect you send it to the Netherlands in Europe...
No problem, no worries. I understand. :cool:

Thank you, we're so glad we could share our experiences with you and all the way in the Netherlands. :thumb:

Damn, so that’s why JLs kept the flat sides, wonderful video! It’s like a graduate program in Jeepin. It should be required watching. Watching you and Mel help get those guys out was brilliant. I never would have thought of using tire pressure and the Hi lift to turn. Super job on capturing the feel of the run. The video work on the ridge at sunset was special. Thanks for all the hard work to share it.

LOL!! We're never sure if we've done a good enough job of capturing the feel of a run like this and we're so glad to hear that we did or at least, for you anyway. :cool:

Another awesome video. Great display of teamwork in those rough sections. Really makes me miss living out west.

Thank you :)

Once again awesome! You left one part out a whole lot of skill/experience. Cindy amazing driving. Part 3 please. Quick question with a good spotter could a amateur do this. I’m still learning it’s hard to put that trust into who ever it is. Find my wife to be really amazing at it so far better than some of the people I wheel with granted we are all new to rock crawling.

On a trail like this, I think it really depends on the amateur. A good spotter, someone you can trust, can only help guide you - the driver still needs to LISTEN CAREFULLY and calmly drive their Jeep with focus and an understanding as to what needs to be done. Fortunately for us, we were lucky to have someone like Greg spotting for us.

Never had so much fun on a trail (vicariously of course)! What an exciting edge of your seat video, well done and keep them coming. Thanks for that.

Awesome, we're so glad that we could share this video with you :)

OMG, had me on the edge of my seat. The scraping, scratching, tipping and breaking, had me cringing, clenching my fist, holding my breath watching with 1 eye open. So intense. Awesome job, awesome video. Great job and thank you so much for taking the time to film it all so we all can ride along with yall.

:cheesy: Thank you. It always makes us happy to know that our home movies can bring a little of what we get to do with folks like yourself.

As I quoted on Your YOUTUBE site.... That was 39minutes and 10 Seconds of Awesome!

PS... You mention the Film Crew... Is there a Link to another Video of this Trip?

Nitto's DrivingLine just released their video. You should be able to find this on YouTube. The JL-Experience will be releasing an official video soon as well. Again, we apologize for not being able to make a professional video like theirs.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I like the new shot glasses! As usual, the video you got was great. Keep up the good work and Happy Thanksgiving.

Thank you, we're so glad you like both and Happy Thanksgiving to you :thumb:

All new rigs and no fucks given. That’s hard core man. [emoji51] Great video and can’t hardly tell this isn’t standard production. Nice!!!

:cheesy: Yeah, that's about right :crazyeyes:
Glad you like the video. It would have been nice to film what we wanted but we did our best with what we had available to us.

Hey there Edwrds, I’m actually the guy in the red T-shirt doing the majority of the spotting in the video......yes, you absolutely could do this as an amateur with a knowledgeable spotter. A little behind the scenes info here- more than half the rigs on the JL Experience had drivers that were completely over their heads on this trail. I spent most of my time concentrating on bringing them through obstacles and building their confidence in the Jeeps capabilities as well as their own abilities. When spotting for Mel, Cindy/Eddie, Harris, Loren Healy and Kelly (driving Mel’s full size Chevy know as Chase 21 or the Ultimate Z71) it is almost not even needed for 75% of the obstacles due to their level of comfort/confidence in their abilities and knowing the Jeep and what it will and will not do at the Jeeps current level of build (example; having 35” tires vs 40” tires).

The video shows what is truly minor damage, but even that is never the intention of any wheeling event. We truly are having a great time out there, despite some dings and dents. Be realistic and know that you can’t get better at anything by staying where you feel comfortable. Challenge yourself, but be willing to accept the risk. And the most important part of any event you take on in life- Start With A Good Attitude.

Cindy/Eddie.....WOW! Such an incredible team you two are. We are truly lucky to have had you on the event capturing it all. You guys are continuing to bring people into the world of off-roading from your down home documentary style footage. As I was watching this I caught myself saying “how cool would this have been to be a part of!”

It was so great to wheel with you two again, such an honor and a blessing. Until next time my friends........

A SUPER BIG THANKS needs to go out to you Greg. It's always a pleasure to hang out and wheel with you but there really are few people we trust more to spot us than you. So look forward to doing it again and hopefully sooner than later. :cool:

DMF

Holy shit, where are my brown pants. That was a scary moment I almost shit my pants in bed watching Mel's rig almost flopping. Another awesome video as always!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Those new shot glasses are amazing!!

Great video! Cindy staying calm, cool, and collected during all of those trails as usual.

Also, it was almost your turn to destroy the whole right side of jet li just like Cindy did to moby back on the last JKX you guys attended.

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
Hey there Edwrds, I’m actually the guy in the red T-shirt doing the majority of the spotting in the video......yes, you absolutely could do this as an amateur with a knowledgeable spotter. A little behind the scenes info here- more than half the rigs on the JL Experience had drivers that were completely over their heads on this trail. I spent most of my time concentrating on bringing them through obstacles and building their confidence in the Jeeps capabilities as well as their own abilities. When spotting for Mel, Cindy/Eddie, Harris, Loren Healy and Kelly (driving Mel’s full size Chevy know as Chase 21 or the Ultimate Z71) it is almost not even needed for 75% of the obstacles due to their level of comfort/confidence in their abilities and knowing the Jeep and what it will and will not do at the Jeeps current level of build (example; having 35” tires vs 40” tires).

The video shows what is truly minor damage, but even that is never the intention of any wheeling event. We truly are having a great time out there, despite some dings and dents. Be realistic and know that you can’t get better at anything by staying where you feel comfortable. Challenge yourself, but be willing to accept the risk. And the most important part of any event you take on in life- Start With A Good Attitude.

Cindy/Eddie.....WOW! Such an incredible team you two are. We are truly lucky to have had you on the event capturing it all. You guys are continuing to bring people into the world of off-roading from your down home documentary style footage. As I was watching this I caught myself saying “how cool would this have been to be a part of!”

It was so great to wheel with you two again, such an honor and a blessing. Until next time my friends........

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thank you for the great response and yes you were one hell of a spotter Greg. With every video I watch I always wish that one day I could be a part of the adventure.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

dillard09

That looked like a pretty fun trail and some beautiful scenery.
Great spotting Greg.
You can always count on BBG for some laughs!
Tough break for CJ. Im sure he thought i should drop down to 37s....but whats the worse that could happen. :doh:

Brute

Hooked

Well said...as is true with anything in life, "you can't hit a home run if you don't swing the bat"...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Holy shit, where are my brown pants. That was a scary moment I almost shit my pants in bed watching Mel's rig almost flopping. Another awesome video as always!

LOL!! It really was intense. :crazyeyes:

Those new shot glasses are amazing!!

Great video! Cindy staying calm, cool, and collected during all of those trails as usual.

Also, it was almost your turn to destroy the whole right side of jet li just like Cindy did to moby back on the last JKX you guys attended.

:cheesy: Yeah, when I slipped off that rock, it was close. I'm pretty sure that if I didn't have the rear window down, I would have busted it.

BaddestCross

Loved the video! Driving Line released their cut... 7 minutes long for the whole week. 🤪

The thing that makes your videos great are the interactions with people as well as the Jeeps. That DL video had me yawning 2 minutes in. Your 30 minutes went by in a flash. 👍

"We're gonna end up down there" 🤣 He just failed to mention how. 😂🤣

Awesome spotting by Greg! I know first hand how important a great spotter is. He's one of the best I've ever seen! I hope to be able to run some trails with him someday. 🍻

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Markl

great day!

Wow! you guys definitely took the long way to Oatman!!!!! Sorry about the damage to your rig but that just gives you an excuse to do more mods!!!! Keep up the great work!!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Loved the video! Driving Line released their cut... 7 minutes long for the whole week. 🤪

The thing that makes your videos great are the interactions with people as well as the Jeeps. That DL video had me yawning 2 minutes in. Your 30 minutes went by in a flash. 👍

"We're gonna end up down there" 🤣 He just failed to mention how. 😂🤣

Awesome spotting by Greg! I know first hand how important a great spotter is. He's one of the best I've ever seen! I hope to be able to run some trails with him someday. 🍻

Well, we appreciate you saying as much. Thank you.

Wow! you guys definitely took the long way to Oatman!!!!! Sorry about the damage to your rig but that just gives you an excuse to do more mods!!!! Keep up the great work!!!

LOL!! You could say that again. As far as the damage goes, it's all good and we're already scheduled to get it fixed. Just gotta find a way to protect the corners but without having to install a big heavy ass bumper.

FuriousDz

This is awesome to know being an amateur myself. Being on the east coast there really isn’t anything that compares to what you guys have. If I were to have a bucket list, wheeling with you guys on your terrain is one of them. Seems like such a great time with really good people with tons of knowledge that you are all willing to share!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

PEACEMAKER1

Loving the videos! I am definitely going to take a trip out there soon because it looks awesome! Thank for always working so hard on filming and posting videos Eddie and Cindy!

rubiDave

Those were some crazy washes you drove down. Looks like you're getting some good flex from that Rancho lift.

Scariest part was that red can at the end of the video. I thought you were about to drink a coke!

Top Bottom