Jesse3638's Build of Off-Limits (Not a Jeep but a New Addition)

jesse3638

Hooked
As some of you know I broke my leg about a month ago. After walking around on it for the better part of two weeks I finally was put in a cast 2 weeks ago. Now while I'm getting pretty good on my crutches they still suck, especially over long distances. In an effort to find my silver lining in all of this (aside from my socks lasting twice as long and getting to shower every other day) I purchased a knee scooter today to provide me a quicker, more fun mode of self propelled transportation. So here she is please welcome Off-Limits. While I may be limited on after market parts some stickers will be in order once I get home. Part of me wants to go to harbor freight and buy the large pneumatic wheels and tires. A scale "37" for it. It may take some fab work though to make them fit...haha. Check her out! I'll post more pics once the mods begin.

IMAG2215.jpg

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

benatc1

Hooked
Hey I have a welder and I can kind of use it..haha. If I could figure out a way to attach a motor to it I would.

Thanks. May be a slow build seeing how after market parts are pretty limited.

You need to hook up a lil chainsaw motor like Those home made mopeds. I vote after that some coilovers and maybe a stretch being your gonna mess around with the welder

jesse3638

Hooked
You need to hook up a lil chainsaw motor like Those home made mopeds. I vote after that some coilovers and maybe a stretch being your gonna mess around with the welder
I may have to build a front axle assembly to accommodate larger wheels and tires. Those may give me the right amount of ride softness. That is subjective though.
Haha I like that title. Maybe we can get WAL to change the slogan to "Not just a Jeep, it's an addiction"

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Yeah no kidding. I chose that name because I know the kids are going to want to play with it and I'm going to tell them it's off-limits...haha

First order of business was to remove the safety labels and warnings.

Before
IMAG2216.jpg

After
IMAG2217.jpg

While still wanting to err on the side of safety and be able to warn unsuspecting Shoppers, pedestrians, etc I installed a Schwinn warning device (aka bike bell) I had saved in my locker. I knew it'd come in handy one day.

I mounted it below the bars to give it a cleaner finished look.
IMAG2219.jpg

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Glad to see you finally got one of these, i cant wait to see what you come up with.

I would suggest some new bar grips for that extra speed and comfort. 4" LED bar to blind everyone in your way

JAGS

Hooked
Sweet wheels. Looks like it came with updated hand-control progrips, so there's that.

I think maybe some skids should be next as the undercarriage looks a little vulnerable.

Have you thought about an accent color yet?

jesse3638

Hooked
Well I'll start with applying my BRCC sticker I just received in my order of coffee. That stuff is as good as everyone has said. I'm seriously contemplating building some axles which will accept oversized tires so I can cruise around through the desert at work. I have some ideas I'm just not sure I want to modify it and lose the resale value as I plan I selling it once its no longer needed. I have far too much time on my hands so we'll see what happens.

Possibly something like this.

http://www.harborfreight.com/13-inch-x-4-inch-pneumatic-tire-67467.html

Last edited:

Kalums

Well I'll start with applying my BRCC sticker I just received in my order of coffee. That stuff is as good as everyone has said. I'm seriously contemplating building some axles which will accept oversized tires so I can cruise around through the desert at work. I have some ideas I'm just not sure I want to modify it and lose the resale value as I plan I selling it once its no longer needed. I have far too much time on my hands so we'll see what happens.
... Do it you know you want to, besides we all want to see it. 😝

Sent from my LG-LS997 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS

Hooked

Possibly something like this.

http://www.harborfreight.com/13-inch-x-4-inch-pneumatic-tire-67467.html

Why not just do an axle swap back to stock when you plan to re-sell? [emoji6][emoji23][emoji23]

jesse3638

Hooked
Why not just do an axle swap back to stock when you plan to re-sell? [emoji6][emoji23][emoji23]

Honestly I was going to set it up where the over sized wheel could be removed and the stock wheels could be re attached..;)

Top Bottom