Jeep dogs!!!

TRLJNKY

Well guys found out our little girl has Cushing's disease. Never heard of this before. People also can get this. We are pretty devastated. It apparently shortens their life with a whole bunch of different types of ailments. We are seeking treatment right now for some different medications. They say if you're lucky you could get about 3 more years with them if caught early. I wanted forever. However we will also look at her quality of life. Just recently she tore her ACL and we got a brace for her. She had fallen and fractured a couple teeth that we had extracted. I think due to her leg. All that shit and now this???? She's only 9 years old right now. I know we got a lot of dog lovers and beautiful one's on the Forum. It's amazing how a little dog can be a huge part of your life, teach you, change you. So love your dog, get them tested at around 6 for this. There is no cure, just medication. Sorry for the rant.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app
Heartbreaking :( sorry to hear. Wish you all the best through this.

aka cavfighter

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Wish you the best Pete, dogs are incredible, with unconditional love for us

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sorry to hear, bro. Hang in there.

No reason to apologize for the rant. So sorry.

Sorry to hear that, we’ll be praying for the best.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Heartbreaking :( sorry to hear. Wish you all the best through this.

aka cavfighter

thanks guys I really, really appreciate the kind words and thoughts! My wife has never had a dog before. She has always been a cat person. Georgia has definitely captured not only mine but her heart too. We are hoping for the best and should gets some meds for her first part of the week.

Emptybrass

Here is one of two. She was a rescue from KY. She is a great pup. Scared of everything but still great.
Image1517693179.714382.jpg

When in doubt, throttle out.

jamesrw30

Well guys found out our little girl has Cushing's disease. Never heard of this before. People also can get this. We are pretty devastated. It apparently shortens their life with a whole bunch of different types of ailments. We are seeking treatment right now for some different medications. They say if you're lucky you could get about 3 more years with them if caught early. I wanted forever. However we will also look at her quality of life. Just recently she tore her ACL and we got a brace for her. She had fallen and fractured a couple teeth that we had extracted. I think due to her leg. All that shit and now this???? She's only 9 years old right now. I know we got a lot of dog lovers and beautiful one's on the Forum. It's amazing how a little dog can be a huge part of your life, teach you, change you. So love your dog, get them tested at around 6 for this. There is no cure, just medication. Sorry for the rant.

Sorry to hear this. We had a Yorkie that was 10 and a diabetic. We found out her kidneys started failing and potassium building in her body. After 2 trips to UT they couldn't do anything. It's so hard to see them go through this kind of stuff.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Don’t be sorry. We just went through a hard year ourselves with our dogs. It’s never easy to see them sick.

Here are our two boys.

View attachment 292460

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Very cute pups!

Sorry to hear this. We had a Yorkie that was 10 and a diabetic. We found out her kidneys started failing and potassium building in her body. After 2 trips to UT they couldn't do anything. It's so hard to see them go through this kind of stuff.

Sorry to here guys, We are going to give her the best we can. Started meds at $400 every three months. Shes worth it.

Cold Gas

Here is one of my girls with her cat friend and one with both my girls in the Jeep getting ready to go for a ride on the lake.

IMG_6158.jpg
IMG_6096.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ddays

Hooked

Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear that Pete. I've been hoping to NOT see you post in this thread. I know exactly how you feel. Our dogs have always been an integral part of our lives and it's the worst when something happens to one of them. Especially the special ones. Hang in there buddy.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear that Pete. I've been hoping to NOT see you post in this thread. I know exactly how you feel. Our dogs have always been an integral part of our lives and it's the worst when something happens to one of them. Especially the special ones. Hang in there buddy.
Yup! We actually plan our trips with her. Always make sure dogs are allowed. Hell when our schedules meet the three of us go out for breakfast and Georgia always gets something. Thanks Jerry!

tunafed

Our girl Vekes. She doesn't pose for pictures well but she hunts pretty good. 20171027_163347.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Strodinator

Caught the Bug

Most of us have been there. Mine had a really bad auto immune disorder and after two years of antibiotics we were ready to out him down. The day before it was scheduled he perked up his whole attitude and that was a year and a half ago. Look into cbd oil for dogs. It has zero thc but all the medical benefits and has kept mine happy almost two years since he wouldn't even try to walk. He's had cancer this whole time but nothing's slowed him down. I'm sure yours will find a way as well. I know Cushing's doesn't make the joints feel too great on people or dogs so something like cbd oil would at the very least make her comfortable.

Sent from my PH-1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JeepJeep75

IMG_1087.jpg the current, best picture I can get of my two wildly, ill-trained mini-dachshunds. The dark one, Franky, is the reason for my wife and I getting our JK in January 2015...[emoji854] oops, added an extra pic...

Attachments

• IMG_2586.jpg
    IMG_2586.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Top Bottom