Jabberjaw

TrailHunter

Hooked
Unfortunately, my twin isn’t working. The fan runs but neither compressor is working. The external fuses are fine and I know power is getting to the harness. I’m going to pull everything apart this week but I’m curious if anyone has had a similar occurrence.

I’m hoping that maybe the pressure switch is bad or I bump a connection loose at the twin itself
That sucks. Only problem I’ve ever had was blowing both of the large fuses. Our group had stopped to air up and I didn’t realize my Jeep wasn’t running because it was so loud around me... and the battery draw fried the fuses... the wires got really hot as well..

Maybe your switch or Relay like Overlander mentioned.... just took a shit.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Unfortunately, my twin isn’t working. The fan runs but neither compressor is working. The external fuses are fine and I know power is getting to the harness. I’m going to pull everything apart this week but I’m curious if anyone has had a similar occurrence.

I’m hoping that maybe the pressure switch is bad or I bump a connection loose at the twin itself
I’m an absolute idiot. Everything was working fine but I didn’t realize it. I forgot I intentionally tripped the breaker under the hood before a long drive (just thought it created less risk of fire). The toggle switch pulls power off the Jeep aux switch, and apparently so does the compressor fan. Because of that, I never checked the main breaker.

Unfortunately, I didn’t realize it until AFTER I pulled everything out and replaced the two relays and the pressure switch in the twin. Oh well, now I have spares. :)

Andy5160

Hooked
I’m an absolute idiot. Everything was working fine but I didn’t realize it. I forgot I intentionally tripped the breaker under the hood before a long drive (just though it created less risk of fire). The toggle switch pulls power off the Jeep aux switch, and apparently so does the compressor fan. Because of that, I never checked the main breaker.

Unfortunately, I didn’t realize it until AFTER I pulled everything out and replaced the two relays and the pressure switch in the twin. Oh well, now I have spares. :)
Ouch 😂

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Since none of the bigger shit I want to order is in stock, I’m picking up some loose odds and ends I’ve always wanted for camping.

I’m the first to admit this purchase is probably full overlander geek squad, but it actually seems pretty cool. Time will tell if it’s worth the money.

Attachments

• AB10E82E-B19D-496F-9A9C-52802B607FDF.jpeg
    AB10E82E-B19D-496F-9A9C-52802B607FDF.jpeg
    203.2 KB · Views: 28

CalSgt

Hooked
Since none of the bigger shit I want to order is in stock, I’m picking up some loose odds and ends I’ve always wanted for camping.

I’m the first to admit this purchase is probably full overlander geek squad, but it actually seems pretty cool. Time will tell if it’s worth the money.
I got the same one and the PT mount on the trailer I built. Only thing I can recommend is to burn the gas out of the line before you disconnect it, mine puked propane and an oily film on everything the first time i disconnected it.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I got the same one and the PT mount on the trailer I built. Only thing I can recommend is to burn the gas out of the line before you disconnect it, mine puked propane and an oily film on everything the first time i disconnected it.
Good to know, thanks. I actually have a habit of doing that even on my home BBQ. I turn off the tank before I turn off the burner.

Dale72

Hooked

That will be cheaper than getting the little one time use bottles.

Brute

Hooked

If you have the room, why not? I’ve had the mini propane bottles run out at the most inconvenient times…

If you have the room, why not? I’ve had the mini propane bottles run out at the most inconvenient times…
Just bring two and make sure that the second one is full. Big tanks will run out too. You would have to weigh the big tank before a trip and make sure that it is not already time for a refill.

Then again someone with the culinary skills that Brute has likely goes through a lot of gas!

CalSgt

Hooked
Just bring two and make sure that the second one is full. Big tanks will run out too. You would have to weigh the big tank before a trip and make sure that it is not already time for a refill.

Then again someone with the culinary skills that Brute has likely goes through a lot of gas!
Big tanks run out too... But you can have them topped off at any station that sells LP before the trip. The little green bastards seem to only be available at sporting goods stores and MF Walmart.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Big tanks run out too... But you can have them topped off at any station that sells LP before the trip. The little green bastards seem to only be available at sporting goods stores and MF Walmart.
And you end up carry around empties or partials. It’s like getting a reward Visa card. There is always a few bucks left on those effers because it is so hard to run them for the exact right amount.

Sgt_USMC

It’s kind of depressing how things are made to just be changed (tossed out) versus rebuilt nowadays, but on the bright side: new rear end internals!

jesse3638

Hooked
And you end up carry around empties or partials. It’s like getting a reward Visa card. There is always a few bucks left on those effers because it is so hard to run them for the exact right amount.
Off your main topic. I know the feeling about the gift cards. I discovered ARCO will run the pump until you hit the remaining balance. I bet other gas stations would too.

Top Bottom