Jabberjaw

Got my custom aluminum rack back from powder coat and got the RTT mounted. I’m very happy with how it turned out. I can fit the fridge under it but the entire tent is not above the roof line.

I’m just starting to figure out where I want a bunch of various lights mounted. I hope to get them wired and do a solo trip this weekend.
Good looking rig! Those decked drawers are great. Had a set in my RAM 1500 and loved them.

Still in the process of wiring up lights. I wired independently switched camp lights for each side and a single cyclone V2 as a cargo light.

Attachments

• 36FF5387-FC89-479F-B85E-26E5C768B13E.jpeg
    36FF5387-FC89-479F-B85E-26E5C768B13E.jpeg
    54.4 KB · Views: 26
  • E49D029C-14FF-43C8-A4C6-08600C55FF94.jpg
    E49D029C-14FF-43C8-A4C6-08600C55FF94.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 26
No exciting changes but I haven’t posted in here in a while. I did realize that I could mount my ski/snowboard rack upside down under my RTT. It works great and I “think” that the Yakima mounts should be strong enough to support the hanging weight since they can handle the pull created by wind drag on top of a vehicle.

Attachments

• C2E7313E-5734-44DB-B4D0-F6149110F66C.jpeg
    C2E7313E-5734-44DB-B4D0-F6149110F66C.jpeg
    150.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 7A8B0038-A032-48B1-8D3B-1FC42F0DED3C.jpeg
    7A8B0038-A032-48B1-8D3B-1FC42F0DED3C.jpeg
    109.9 KB · Views: 33
No exciting changes but I haven’t posted in here in a while. I did realize that I could mount my ski/snowboard rack upside down under my RTT. It works great and I “think” that the Yakima mounts should be strong enough to support the hanging weight since they can handle the pull created by wind drag on top of a vehicle.
That is brilliant!

Now that's slick! With all the great snow we've been getting, I'm kicking myself for not being able to hit the slopes :(

Been a hot minute since I’ve posted in this thread. I put up my GMRS install in another thread. Here is a quick install I put together for my Garmin InReach Mine 2. I repurposed/modified an Amazon backpack mount with a 67 Design arm so I can quickly move my InReach from the vehicle to a pack. Super simple, just twist and lock into place.

Attachments

• IMG_4760.jpeg
    IMG_4760.jpeg
    151.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4761.jpeg
    IMG_4761.jpeg
    122.7 KB · Views: 16
Been a hot minute since I’ve posted in this thread. I put up my GMRS install in another thread. Here is a quick install I put together for my Garmin InReach Mine 2. I repurposed/modified an Amazon backpack mount with a 67 Design arm so I can quickly move my InReach from the vehicle to a pack. Super simple, just twist and lock into place.
How’s the 67 designs been for you? I just have phone mount and I’ve been really impressed with it, especially compared to other brands, looking to get more attachments.

How’s the 67 designs been for you? I just have phone mount and I’ve been really impressed with it, especially compared to other brands, looking to get more attachments.
I’ve never owned one of the Amazon knock offs so I can’t compare, but so far I’ve been very happy with the 67 Designs quality and fit. I get it is very expensive compared to some alternatives, but I’m willing to pay for American made quality when I can.

I did have to replace the rubber for the phone holder but that was expected. Rubber wears out over time.

I’ve never owned one of the Amazon knock offs so I can’t compare, but so far I’ve been very happy with the 67 Designs quality and fit. I get it is very expensive compared to some alternatives, but I’m willing to pay for American made quality when I can.

I did have to replace the rubber for the phone holder but that was expected. Rubber wears out over time.
Yea Ive had a few different one, ram, bullet point, all were generally crap, glad to hear yours has been good so far too.

Yea Ive had a few different one, ram, bullet point, all were generally crap, glad to hear yours has been good so far too.
I've owned the bullet point and compared to the 67 Designs, the 67 is so much better.

I swapped out the bullet point phone grip with Scosche Pro XL magnetic mount and modified the arm because getting the phone in and out of the bullet point was a PIA and not one-hand usable. I really like the Scosche, phone has never fallen off since installed, even while offroad, I wish they made a Jeep compatible arm mount and not the suction/sticky base they offer.

The JT came with a 67 Design, I was expecting it to be like the Bullet Point but it's smooth, holds the phone well and can be easily used with one hand unlike the BP I had.

Top Bottom