Irish Build Thread

That would definitely be more reliable than the previous.

V3.0. Semi custom harness by an Arizona builder. Was very disappointed by the last iteration, hopefully this goes much better.

Yes, yes, yes, +. Big cooling, big power, big travel.....

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Awesome!! That cam and headers will wake up that LS. Just wait!! 👍🏿🤘🏿🤘🏿🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Awesome!! That cam and headers will wake up that LS. Just wait!! [emoji1531][emoji1619][emoji1619][emoji631][emoji631][emoji631][emoji631][emoji631]

Thanks. But the whole thing started just trying to not have a dead battery every third day, or the engine fall out on every trail, or the cooling system to nuke itself every cruise to the donut shop.

Any added power will just be a pure awesome bonus.

Thanks. But the whole thing started just trying to not have a dead battery every third day, or the engine fall out on every trail, or the cooling system to nuke itself every cruise to the donut shop.

You really make a V8 swap sound fun.. sucks you've had so many issues. Hope it all works out for you

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Man that sucks! What temp thermostat are you running and what radiator and fan setup?
I have a battery draw as well but mine would be after sitting for a week or more. But I didnt solve it but kinda cured it. I put an odyssey dual battery setup and when my cranking battery is to low to start I just jump it with the extra battery. Had to use it a few times. I couldn't take that chance to have the wife and boy out in the middle of somewhere and have a dead battery. No way!

Man that sucks! What temp thermostat are you running and what radiator and fan setup?
I have a battery draw as well but mine would be after sitting for a week or more. But I didnt solve it but kinda cured it. I put an odyssey dual battery setup and when my cranking battery is to low to start I just jump it with the extra battery. Had to use it a few times. I couldn't take that chance to have the wife and boy out in the middle of somewhere and have a dead battery. No way!

Was the pentastar fan and motech radiator. Getting a custom Ron Davis, SS fan, remote mount setrab trans cooler, oil cooler, all an lines, coated and wrapped 3” exhaust, additional head shielding etc. Not many other other options to try and keep it cool.

Yeah the battery issue is a freaking joke and was the breaking point for me. Getting away from the pentastar accessory drive. It’s getting a GOAT alternator bracket to get rid of the small jk alternator and getting a larger unit in to try and recharge the system better.

Was the pentastar fan and motech radiator. Getting a custom Ron Davis, SS fan, remote mount setrab trans cooler, oil cooler, all an lines, coated and wrapped 3” exhaust, additional head shielding etc. Not many other other options to try and keep it cool.

Yeah the battery issue is a freaking joke and was the breaking point for me. Getting away from the pentastar accessory drive. It’s getting a GOAT alternator bracket to get rid of the small jk alternator and getting a larger unit in to try and recharge the system better.

Every swap I’ve done has had the battery draw, and there have been quite a few radiator leaks. The Camaro fan is the only way to cool them. I’m anxious to see how the Ron Davis does. If I don’t decide to sell mine I may be going to a complete stand alone system and the cooling system will get revamped as well. I ran a secondary trans cooler with a fan on it that helped bring the temps down.

Garbage destroyed weak hydraulic motor mounts out. Hopefully these don’t fall out so I don’t have to put my motor back in on the trail anymore.
IMG_2960.jpg

Headers getting test fitted and do they ever look gorgeous.
IMG_2977.jpg

Looks amazing! I’m sure it will sound just as good. Hope it helps on the heat

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom