Illuminated Jeep Badges - Yea or Nay?

What do you think about Illuminated Badges?

• I LOVE IT and Hope Jeep Makes it Happen!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • This is about the Dumbest Thing I've Heard Come from Jeep

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • eh - I Couldn't Care Less One Way or the Other

Votes: 19 47.5%

• Total voters

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's certainly not for everyone but I don't see why people would get so mad about having more options that appeal to more people.
Not sure people are MAD about it at all. But that's a good way to piss people off. They just sound a little stupid to me. But hey decorate your Jeep how you like.
LOL - What Seahawkfan said ^^^^

I don't know if anyone is "mad" about silly illuminated badges. I really couldn't care less. I am however disappointed that Jeep is spending any time thinking about stuff like this. And to clarify, I understand that they're only doing it because there's clearly an audience who would want it. Like I said from the beginning, I know I'm getting old and apparently, the things that drew me to Jeep aren't the same things that are drawing new customers to it. And if anything, that's kinda sad... to me anyway.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
We all know the vast majority of these cars won’t see dirt in their life. Can’t say I’d personally give a shit either way if the word Jeep lights up on the front, wouldn’t pay extra for it. I’m surprised to see so many people hating on the idea and also the same group of people that love all the “Easter eggs” they incorporated as much as to pay double for a windshield for the little Jeep on a mountain. 🤷🏻‍♂️
So, I should note that in the survey, there were questions about PAYING for this new mod. They even asked about if you would be willing to "drill into the body of your Jeep" to install it and how comfortable you were about doing that. With that said, I personally am not "hating" on the idea of illuminated badges, I'm just a little disappointed in the new direction that Jeep has started going in.

Meh. Could care less.

Sure I’d rather them dial in what they already offer. Fit and finish on these things is pretty freaking terrible. Instead of a new emblem how about they address the atrocious wavy body panels. God forbid we get a decent engine upgrade. The pentastar is 10 years old and sucks the same as day one. And what’s with the white on the hardtop interior. No one at Jeep thought about painting the damn thing?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Meh. Could care less.

Sure I’d rather them dial in what they already offer. Fit and finish on these things is pretty freaking terrible. Instead of a new emblem how about they address the atrocious wavy body panels. God forbid we get a decent engine upgrade. The pentastar is 10 years old and sucks the same as day one. And what’s with the white on the hardtop interior. No one at Jeep thought about painting the damn thing?
Funny thing is, I never really cared about the fit and finish on older Jeeps because, well, they were just so basic. But, I have to admit, the nicer Jeep "tries" to make their Wrangler, the more I expect from them to do it better. The paint is about as bad as it gets and people always tell me how our half doors look like a different shade of red. Of course, this is more from the fact that the panels are warped and reflect light differently than anything. As far as engines go, don't hold your breath. The whole first part of the survey was all about getting me used to the idea of electric.

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
20211008_101656.jpg I remember seeing aftermarket products like glow around badges, and others. Yeah, kind of pointless 🙄 just leave it for the aftermarket companies, don't add to the price of a Jeep. My 2cents.😒

So, I should note that in the survey, there were questions about PAYING for this new mod. They even asked about if you would be willing to "drill into the body of your Jeep" to install it and how comfortable you were about doing that. With that said, I personally am not "hating" on the idea of illuminated badges, I'm just a little disappointed in the new direction that Jeep has started going in.
It’s hard to style a brick and make it different year after year. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Honestly they’ve pretty much maxed out what can be done on a daily driver, not to mention the starting price of the damn thing in modest form, it ain’t a $18k TJ anymore, gotta tailor to your higher cost audience.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It’s hard to style a brick and make it different year after year. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Honestly they’ve pretty much maxed out what can be done on a daily driver, not to mention the starting price of the damn thing in modest form, it ain’t a $18k TJ anymore, gotta tailor to your higher cost audience.
LOL - That's kinda my point. There was a time when "styling" a brick was a lower priority. Developing "capabilities" and based on what Jeep owners were doing with aftermarket products, was. The Mojave JT is actually a pretty good example of that but it may be the last time we see something like that again being that the people responsible for it have moved on. As far as higher cost audiences go, that's another thing that has been disappointing me about Jeep lately. I've talked to my friends there and it's not that they can't make a more affordable Wrangler, they're just choosing not to and so that they can focus on that audience. But I get it.

benatc1

Hooked
I guess I don't really have an opinion on it. Wouldn't mind it if it was there but certainly wouldn't be hoping they add it in. Plus I'm sure with all the other Doo dad's they want to add it will just keep pushing the already ridiculous price higher and higher. Maybe make a jeep that drives nicer for that price tag instead of lighting up the emblem.

And no I don't have a issue with how a Jeep drives but most of these come in at 50k + now a days and for the everyday driver that ultimately drives jeep sales and keeping it available to people like us, they think they drive like shit for the price tag. But sure light up the badge.

jesse3638

Hooked
To each their own. I don't care one way or another. I won't be paying extra for it but if someone else wants to it's on them. I'm from the 4 door Era and while they aren't the Jeep in the traditional way I really like them after they are modded. I really prefer the 2 door styling of anything pre JK. Even the YJ looks good to me. New (2007+) 2 doors look really off to me. Maybe because they are larger than their predecessors but not as big as a 4 door. A base model 4 door looks even worse though..haha

benatc1

Hooked
Funny thing is, I never really cared about the fit and finish on older Jeeps because, well, they were just so basic. But, I have to admit, the nicer Jeep "tries" to make their Wrangler, the more I expect from them to do it better. The paint is about as bad as it gets and people always tell me how our half doors look like a different shade of red. Of course, this is more from the fact that the panels are warped and reflect light differently than anything. As far as engines go, don't hold your breath. The whole first part of the survey was all about getting me used to the idea of electric.
Problem is they throw the fit and finish on and jack the price by 20k+ and want you get spent match the increase, I'd love to get a good 4 door basic as hell and pay maybe 30k. But those days are long gone. But don't take it from me I've bought 2 50k jeeps in the last 3 years lol 😂😂

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Problem is they throw the fit and finish on and jack the price by 20k+ and want you get spent match the increase, I'd love to get a good 4 door basic as hell and pay maybe 30k. But those days are long gone. But don't take it from me I've bought 2 50k jeeps in the last 3 years lol 😂😂
LOL - yeah, you're one to talk for sure :ROFLMAO:

BTW, this fully loaded 2007 JKUR with dual tops was $29k out the door.
main.php

This bone stock 2009 JKUX was just $21k out the door. That just $2k more than my old TJ sport was back in 1999.
main.php

Long gone are the days when Jeeps were priced a bit more reasonably.

benatc1

Hooked
LOL - yeah, you're one to talk for sure :ROFLMAO:

BTW, this fully loaded 2007 JKUR with dual tops was $29k out the door.
main.php

This bone stock 2009 JKUX was just $21k out the door. That just $2k more than my old TJ sport was back in 1999.
main.php

Long gone are the days when Jeeps were priced a bit more reasonably.
You can barely get those prices in the aftermarket used now!

JT@623

Hooked
I don't know if any else got the latest Jeep survey but in the event you didn't, it was in regards to illuminated Jeep badges. Because, nothing would make a Jeep perform better off road than to have logos and emblems glow in the dark. Of course, I'm fully aware that I'm getting old and maybe I just don't get it but it seems to me there was a time when adding a 4:1 transfer case or lockers front and rear or an electronic sway bar disconnect were the kind of things that Jeep was exploring. Now all I hear from them are things like autonomous wheeling, drones that pop out of your hood and now... illuminated badges.

With that said, I'd like to know what you think about this and the direction of Jeep as a whole.
It would make it easier for the tow truck to find you in the dark 🤣

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Idk if it’s gonna be standard but it will prob be a factory option. The GMC badges that we add onto trucks and suvs at work are all options and don’t come standard. I would hope Jeep does the same and gives people the option

Top Bottom