Illuminated Jeep Badges - Yea or Nay?

What do you think about Illuminated Badges?

• I LOVE IT and Hope Jeep Makes it Happen!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • This is about the Dumbest Thing I've Heard Come from Jeep

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • eh - I Couldn't Care Less One Way or the Other

Votes: 19 47.5%

• Total voters

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know if any else got the latest Jeep survey but in the event you didn't, it was in regards to illuminated Jeep badges. Because, nothing would make a Jeep perform better off road than to have logos and emblems glow in the dark. Of course, I'm fully aware that I'm getting old and maybe I just don't get it but it seems to me there was a time when adding a 4:1 transfer case or lockers front and rear or an electronic sway bar disconnect were the kind of things that Jeep was exploring. Now all I hear from them are things like autonomous wheeling, drones that pop out of your hood and now... illuminated badges.

With that said, I'd like to know what you think about this and the direction of Jeep as a whole.

WJCO

Meme King
I don't know if any else got the latest Jeep survey but in the event you didn't, it was in regards to illuminated Jeep badges. Because, nothing would make a Jeep perform better off road than to have logos and emblems glow in the dark. Of course, I'm fully aware that I'm getting old and maybe I just don't get it but it seems to me there was a time when adding a 4:1 transfer case or lockers front and rear or an electronic sway bar disconnect were the kind of things that Jeep was exploring. Now all I hear from them are things like autonomous wheeling, drones that pop out of your hood and now... illuminated badges.

With that said, I'd like to know what you think about this and the direction of Jeep as a whole.
Our Jeeps don't identify with this kind of bullshit. If there's talk of a glow in the dark rocket launcher when the soft top lowers, I may consider.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure of Jeeps direction as a whole but there was a new Bronco at the gas station this morning, pretty sweet honestly. I’m glad Jeep has some competition to keep them straight hopefully
I have to say, I'm not a fan of the 4-door and to me personally, it looks down right fugly bone stock. However, the 2-door... man, I'd be all about that! I really like it a lot.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's funny because I remember a conversation I had with a friend of mine, the Jeep engineer responsible for bringing us the Rubicon. We were wheeling out in Moab and I was riding in his CJ7 and he was telling me how difficult of a fight it was and how there was resistance all the way. Of course today, Jeep can't make enough Rubicon's to satisfy the market. I just gotta wonder, who's leading the way now and really, if this is the future, more power to Jeep but man, I just don't get it.

outlawbeard

It's certainly not for everyone but I don't see why people would get so mad about having more options that appeal to more people.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
It's certainly not for everyone but I don't see why people would get so mad about having more options that appeal to more people.
Not sure people are MAD about it at all. But that's a good way to piss people off. They just sound a little stupid to me. But hey decorate your Jeep how you like.

Elroy231

It seems to me illuminated badging is for the "Bro dozer" crowd...
I've laughed many times at " Bro Dozer"
I would not call myself, my vehicle or a friend, bro dozer. Shit doesnt even sound right.
So I see exactly what your saying.

Elroy231

Ill pass on the illuminated badge.
I mean if its just an option whatever do you. Some people wanna pay for dumb shit.
I agree, how about just building a capable dual purpose vehicle. Fun off road and handles well on pavement.
Unfortunately a large part of the demographic that Jeep is aiming sales at doesn't even take the jeep off road, they just buy em becuase there cool and how much cooler is that it up badge. Might attract a bro to doze em.

We all know the vast majority of these cars won’t see dirt in their life. Can’t say I’d personally give a shit either way if the word Jeep lights up on the front, wouldn’t pay extra for it. I’m surprised to see so many people hating on the idea and also the same group of people that love all the “Easter eggs” they incorporated as much as to pay double for a windshield for the little Jeep on a mountain. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Top Bottom