I want to bolt on EVO sliders and you can't change my mind!

This is exactly my idea!
Today I made a calculation and the results is that with 3xM12 grade 10 for each bracket I get me a cover factor close to 3. The parameter are: acceleration 2G, load 1.5 tons, 9 bolt, tightening torque 75 Nm...邏邏邏

Now you can start to make fun of me...:)...now this topic is in the pub and tomorrow I'll start my vacations...I'm relaxed...

I'm still not convinced on bolting them but I'm analizing if my is only fantasy.

View attachment 178904

You are of course checking combined shear and tension loading on these bolts correct?...and also assumed that the bottom 3 bolts are taking shear and tension, where the top 6 are only taking shear? What if the impact only occurs at the very front of the slider, then I would really only check everything against only connection location instead of 3.

As I mentioned previously, you can certainly design a bolt to take the loads. The question remains, is there enough meat in the steel of the flange of the slider for all the force to be concentrated just where its bolted, as opposed to also around the perimeter if it were welded. I'm not dumping anymore time into finding out.

...just because there's a hole, doesn't mean you should go and shove a bolt in it.

Last edited:
I have a question…someone has never assembled the EVO slider drilling the frame and the slider flange in order to avoid the welding operations?
I know that I can buy different sliders but I like the EVO.
The reason why I would like the slider bolted , is the possibility to disassembly the sliders due to the Italian law that didn’t permit to modify the frame…it is a cheap solution to bypass the law…
Do you see any trouble or critical aspects?

One guy did he was from Northern California can't remember his screen name. Honestly if you want a frame mounted slider you can drill in go with the LōD sliders. Otherwise why bother. EVO is meant to be welded for superior strength. Plus drilling into the frame IS modifying it correct? Why not just weld.

His name is/was JKJody and he bolted on his Evo sliders. They haven't failed on him... yet.

Post #7 - Anxious Anvil Buildup

Top Bottom