I want to bolt on EVO sliders and you can't change my mind!

Since your government isn't too keen on welding, have you thought about zip ties? That should do the trick.

Welding is the best option and I think you would agree welding is the best option.

If you are dead set on bolting them on, I would suggest welding the sliders to larger flat pieces of steel, maybe 6"x8", and then bolting that flat steel to the frame. Using some good size grade 8 bolts. Probably figure out how to use at least 6 bolts per mount.

That's my idea, but Still isn't as good as welding them to the frame.

I wouldn't use these, but it has been done.

Attachments

• 1450717488065.jpg
    1450717488065.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 167
I wouldn't use these, but it has been done.

This is exactly my idea!
Today I made a calculation and the results is that with 3xM12 grade 10 for each bracket I get me a cover factor close to 3. The parameter are: acceleration 2G, load 1.5 tons, 9 bolt, tightening torque 75 Nm...🤓🤓🤓

Now you can start to make fun of me...:)...now this topic is in the pub and tomorrow I'll start my vacations...I'm relaxed...

I'm still not convinced on bolting them but I'm analizing if my is only fantasy.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450720866.869665.jpg

This is exactly my idea!
Today I made a calculation and the results is that with 3xM12 grade 10 for each bracket I get me a cover factor close to 3. The parameter are: acceleration 2G, load 1.5 tons, 9 bolt, tightening torque 75 Nm...🤓🤓🤓

Now you can start to make fun of me...:)...now this topic is in the pub and tomorrow I'll start my vacations...I'm relaxed...

I'm still not convinced on bolting them but I'm analizing if my is only fantasy.

View attachment 178904

Like I said, I wouldn't use them. I welded my evo sliders on. But if they are just for looks, then knock yourself out.

Looking on the web I found this article:

http://www.fourwheeler.com/project-...ject-4runner-backcountry-part-8/photo-02.html

The veichle is a 4runner and maybe his mission is different but it seems that the solution is very similar to what I was asking.

In any case you convinced me to weld them.

Those are not the same EVO sliders as for the JK. It has an additional attachment point and also the bolt-on mounting holes plates are manufactured differently.

I'm not sure why you keep asking the same question expecting a different answer.

If you had such fundamental questions, you should have called EVO manufacturing BEFORE you made your purchase. This thread has been doomed from the beginning.

Those are not the same EVO sliders as for the JK. It has an additional attachment point and also the bolt-on mounting holes plates are manufactured differently.

I'm not sure why you keep asking the same question expecting a different answer.

If you had such fundamental questions, you should have called EVO manufacturing BEFORE you made your purchase. This thread has been doomed from the beginning.

When Jags knows what he's talking about, you really fucked up

Nobody has asked it yet but, what kind of wheeling will you do in Italy?

Will the sliders actually get used and bashed on the rocks, used as pivot points? Or are they just for looks?

Nobody has asked it yet but, what kind of wheeling will you do in Italy?

Will the sliders actually get used and bashed on the rocks, used as pivot points? Or are they just for looks?

Good question! The sliders are not just for looks but for sure we don't abuse them for rock crowling as in wayalife videos...

Something like this:

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450728029.824805.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450728055.486202.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450728080.368803.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450728112.904884.jpg

Man, you'd need at least 5/8"-3/4" (tired of translating) bolts on those sliders in order to take even a light hit. The flanges aren't anywhere big enough for that.

WELD!!!!

Top Bottom