How Many Times have you been Pulled Over in Your Jeep?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Those Sneaky Highway Trouts.. 😁
Tell me about it!! 🤪
Maybe a bit annoying, but at least you didn’t get a ticket!
It's funny because Cindy and I were just talking about how she hasn't been pulled over for anything in what's probably forever. I think in her lifetime, she's only been pulled over twice and one didn't even count being that we were on the JKX and it was more that she was at the front of the pack and the officer wanted the whole group to stop. The other time may have been back in 1989 LOL. Anyway, it gave her a fright but was happy to not only not get a ticket but to also find that the officer was a fan. She said that he was kind of bummed that I didn't stop too being that he wanted to pick my brain about a few things he's been wanting to buy. 😁

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Tell me about it!! 🤪

It's funny because Cindy and I were just talking about how she hasn't been pulled over for anything in what's probably forever. I think in her lifetime, she's only been pulled over twice and one didn't even count being that we were on the JKX and it was more that she was at the front of the pack and the officer wanted the whole group to stop. The other time may have been back in 1989 LOL. Anyway, it gave her a fright but was happy to not only not get a ticket but to also find that the officer was a fan. She said that he was kind of bummed that I didn't stop too being that he wanted to pick my brain about a few things he's been wanting to buy. 😁
Fucking pigs.

benatc1

Hooked
Tell me about it!! 🤪

That’s actually pretty funny

Jsouder53

Hooked
Tell me about it!! 🤪

That is hilarious 😆 my heart always sinks when I see those lights get flicked on.

CalSgt

Hooked
just to make the drive more fun, we decided to take back roads all the way down and mainly to experience just how gloriously green everything is right now. Anyway, soon after leaving the town of Jackson, I noticed a CHP behind us and being that Cindy was following me in our Gladiator, I called out on the radio to let her know but of course, she saw him as well. Being that we we were just driving along and doing the speed limit, we didn't give it too much thought but then, all of a sudden, she got lit up.
Did you guys go down 88 or 50 to 49?

I really enjoy both routes... We've been taking 88 then shakeridge road to get down to Plymouth for wine trips, costs a little extra time but so much more enjoyable.

Oh, and I haven't been pulled over in the Jeep yet. I really try to stay close to the speed limit just because I hope that will get me a pass on the wide tires, non DOT wheels, and any other equipment violations I may have that day. Reading through the original post reminds me I need to put my front plate back on, took it off in August to use the winch & forgot to put it back on.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Did you guys go down 88 or 50 to 49?

I really enjoy both routes... We've been taking 88 then shakeridge road to get down to Plymouth for wine trips, costs a little extra time but so much more enjoyable.

Oh, and I haven't been pulled over in the Jeep yet. I really try to stay close to the speed limit just because I hope that will get me a pass on the wide tires, non DOT wheels, and any other equipment violations I may have that day. Reading through the original post reminds me I need to put my front plate back on, took it off in August to use the winch & forgot to put it back on.
We took 88 to the 49 and then whole bunch of back roads just to explore the farmlands. Everything is super green and wet right now.

AZDIESELPIG

After reading this post I remembered why we do not visit California anymore. We use to go down to Mission Bay every year in San Diego with the travel trailer and do some charter fishing. Then there was COVID so we haven't been down since.

To be honest as beautiful as California is and I do want to hit the Rubicon trail someday - I think I can do without.

Why do you need mudflaps? You are not a truck - are the jeeps not considered a wagon on the registration? At least here in Arizona nobody needs mud flaps on lifted Jeeps or cover the offroad lights.

I guess Arizona Law specifically states trucks....where Cali says any motor vehicle...

I am guessing your not running stock flares either.

JimLee

Hooked
@wayoflife, any idea what the fine is in California? I've never been pulled over but the Jeep has changed quite a bit, I don't plan on "fixing" a damn thing if I do get pulled over, just paying the fine and going on with life.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
@wayoflife, any idea what the fine is in California? I've never been pulled over but the Jeep has changed quite a bit, I don't plan on "fixing" a damn thing if I do get pulled over, just paying the fine and going on with life.
As in, if you choose not to fix the infraction? If I recall, it's pretty cheap, something like $25. If you get a moving violation with it, it's something like $200. IF I recall correctly.

JimLee

Hooked
As in, if you choose not to fix the infraction? If I recall, it's pretty cheap, something like $25. If you get a moving violation with it, it's something like $200. IF I recall correctly.
Yea, the local cops like to write "fix it" tickets around here, which I guess is cool because at least you have a chance before getting a big fine (but you still have to pay "administrative fees" to clear the fix it ticket). I guess I'll just have to see what happens out on the road, thanks for the reply.

CalSgt

Hooked

Shit... I was cited for window tint once & decided to just pay it instead of driving to Reno and paying a tint shop to remove it, that ticket was about $180. Same dude pulled me over two weeks after I paid the fine and wrote me again 😕 That time I paid the $10 fee with CHP verification of correction and I spent a full weekend cleaning the damn tint and glue off the windows.

pop2tu

Back when I first started this thread, Cindy and I still lived in SoCal I used to get pulled over what seemed like 3-4 times a year and always for the same thing - NO MUD FLAPS! :rolleyes: Of course, we moved out to Nevada shortly there after and we haven't had a problem since. Well, last Friday, we made our way back into California to visit Disciple Offroad and with the hopes that they can do some work on our Gladiator. And, just to make the drive more fun, we decided to take back roads all the way down and mainly to experience just how gloriously green everything is right now. Anyway, soon after leaving the town of Jackson, I noticed a CHP behind us and being that Cindy was following me in our Gladiator, I called out on the radio to let her know but of course, she saw him as well. Being that we we were just driving along and doing the speed limit, we didn't give it too much thought but then, all of a sudden, she got lit up.
20230326200434-3dfe1242.jpg

Needless to say, Cindy pulled over, I let her know I would wait for her up the highway and then continued on my way.

So, why did she get pulled over you might ask? You guessed it - NO MUD FLAPS! Well, that isn't exactly true. 'No mud flaps' was the reason the officer gave Cindy for pulling her over but he then admitted that the real reason was so that he could check out the rig :ROFLMAO:
Having went to HS in Jackson, I got pulled over and got a ticket for exhibition of speed in the beginning of my junior year(guilty). That same cop kept finding ways to pull me over every two weeks until I graduated and moved out of there. When I go see my parents I won’t drive in Jackson. That was 35 years ago

Last edited:

JimLee

Hooked
Having went to HS in Jackson, I got pulled over and got a ticket for exhibition of speed in the beginning of my junior year(guilty). That same cop kept finding ways to pull me over every two weeks until I graduated and moved out of there. When I go see my parents I won’t drive in Jackson.

Shit... I was cited for window tint once & decided to just pay it instead of driving to Reno and paying a tint shop to remove it, that ticket was about $180. Same dude pulled me over two weeks after I paid the fine and wrote me again 😕 That time I paid the $10 fee with CHP verification of correction and I spent a full weekend cleaning the damn tint and glue off the windows.
This is exactly my fear. If I get a ticket by the local cops and just pay it but don't correct the reason, I may become somebody's favorite target. I'll have to see. I guess if I have to I can buy a set of those hitch mounted mudflaps that I can pull off when I hit the dirt.

Top Bottom