How Many Times have you been Pulled Over in Your Jeep?

boardsurfer

Only pulled over once - years ago in my very first Jeep, a 76 CJ5. I was 17 years old. I had been goofing off in an empty dirt lot after a rain storm. I decided I had my fun and headed home. I got about a block down the street with mud flinging absolutely everywhere when I got lit up. I was scared to death, lol. Officer comes to my window, takes all my info and leaves for a few, I can only assume to let me sweat it out a bit. He comes back and tells me the mud is covering the light over my rear license plate and he couldnt read it. So I get out, wipe it off and he sends me on my way. Unbelievable :D

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Haven't been pulled over in my JK, but I did get 2 speeding tickets in my TJ and pulled over more than 40 times since I was 14 on or in a variety of cars, trucks, and motorcycles, mostly motorcycles.

One of the TJ tickets was on a winding two lane in Maryland that I drove on to and from work, there were these two white lines painted on the road that I always wondered about, now I know. Set distance apart and you were timed going thru it, my Speed Racer fantasy cost me over $200. Slowed down after that.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Keggerbombs

I get pulled over here on base pretty much every weekend because my jeep is naked for the trails on saturdays and I haven't moved the mirrors yet [emoji23] and they had a short phase where any lifted vehicle with oversized tires was required to have mudflaps, not happening haha

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Desert Crawler

After I went to 37's and 3.5 BS beadlocks I visited my dad in CA (where I have gotten 2 mudflap tickets).
Dad: Be careful, the cops around here will harass you for your tires sticking out past your fenders.
Me: The only time I talk to the Sherriff in my town (NV) is when he stops by my house to tell me how nice my jeep looks and how he wants me to help him with his stock JK.

bigcale

Caught the Bug
In my Jeeps only once in my old XJ, cop let me go, I was doing 37 in a 25. He recognized my name from when we were kids.

Before that I got ticket every other August for 10 years, it was like clockwork. It has been 4 years now, must be slowing down in my old age. Or just lucky.

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
been pulled over 4 times and $500 later for my tires sticking out past my fenders all by the same state cop he loves me

tippedover

I have never gotten a ticket in my jeep, but a few warnings! Lucky for me I was in my uniform (army type) both times I got pulled over and they just said nice jeep lol.

My jeep did get a ticket thou: my wife took it the store and rolled a stop sign, she got pulled over and than got not only a ticket for the stop sign, but for no mud flaps, windows tinted, lights not covered, and beadlocks not dot type lol.

Guess better her than me!! Haha

mauijim

Got pulled over today for no mud flaps and tires sticking out past the fender flares. This is the same cop that gave me a ticket for my tabs expired for 1 day. I work the the City of Everett as a transit bus driver and was in my uniform both times. He's just a dick that doesn't have a jeep. I have to drive into town to get to work and I guess I'll put on some removable flaps but as far as the fenders go there's nothing I can do to extend my fenders to cover my 35's so he can kiss my ass. What a joke. They don't fuck with the dam junkies but they fuck with a working guy paying a ton of taxes. Or the cars l see daily pumping out more blue smoke than a dam volcano. Can you tell I'm Pissed Off ? [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

Trail JK

Got pulled over today for no mud flaps and tires sticking out past the fender flares. This is the same cop that gave me a ticket for my tabs expired for 1 day. I work the the City of Everett as a transit bus driver and was in my uniform both times. He's just a dick that doesn't have a jeep. I have to drive into town to get to work and I guess I'll put on some removable flaps but as far as the fenders go there's nothing I can do to extend my fenders to cover my 35's so he can kiss my ass. What a joke. They don't fuck with the dam junkies but they fuck with a working guy paying a ton of taxes. Or the cars l see daily pumping out more blue smoke than a dam volcano. Can you tell I'm Pissed Off ? [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

That's a bummer. At least it's a fix it ticket.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Once.

Two weekends ago in Tonopah for not having a license plate light of all things. I've driven so long without one, that I forgot it was a law in Nevada. No worries, I would have simply paid the ticket or complied with a "fix-it" ticket. But it was memorial day weekend, there was a huge party in downtown Tonopah, a ton of cops in town, he let me off with a "verbal warning this time," so I'm pretty sure it was just a "sniff" stop. :yup: Though it has me contemplating putting on a license plate light now. :grayno:

mauijim

Ya... but I'm only going to fix half of what he wants... lol...mud flaps are going to look horrible on it. But I'm going to pull over as soon as I'm out of the city limits and remove them every time or just leave them off and in the back and act dumb like I forgot to put them back on....lol

mauijim

Once.

Two weekends ago in Tonopah for not having a license plate light of all things. I've driven so long without one, that I forgot it was a law in Nevada. No worries, I would have simply paid the ticket or complied with a "fix-it" ticket. But it was memorial day weekend, there was a huge party in downtown Tonopah, a ton of cops in town, he let me off with a "verbal warning this time," so I'm pretty sure it was just a "sniff" stop. :yup: Though it has me contemplating putting on a license plate light now. :grayno:

This was a sniff stop for sure. He tried to say my right turn light was out and so I turned it on for him and what do you know it works. Then started the fenders and mud flaps bs. That's what really pisses me off that he lied to get me pulled over.

Apdski

Twice, once for using my offroad lights on a deer prone country road, and once for rolling a stop because manual.
Both times the first thing out of the officers mouth was, "nice jeep"

DKronk42

twice with my two door, both times were honest to god my fault. I was speeding the first time and the second time I completely missed a stop sign. oh well, I'll pay the tickets. what annoyed me both times was when the cop, same cop both times mind you, then started walking circles around my jeep looking for fix it's he could nail me with. the second time I had my doors off and got a $50 ticket for that. Pennsylvania can bite me.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
So far just once in the year having the Jeep. It was after my first mod which were new halo headlights that I tinted black. I was apparently speeding (right) and swerving on the fog line. New to the Jeep and haven't mastered the drive yet. Anyway, had my wife and 3 month old with me so he just warned me and was on my way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
twice with my two door, both times were honest to god my fault. I was speeding the first time and the second time I completely missed a stop sign. oh well, I'll pay the tickets. what annoyed me both times was when the cop, same cop both times mind you, then started walking circles around my jeep looking for fix it's he could nail me with. the second time I had my doors off and got a $50 ticket for that. Pennsylvania can bite me.
Someone's a jeep hater! Why the ticket with no doors? No side mirrors?

DKronk42

Someone's a jeep hater! Why the ticket with no doors? No side mirrors?

doors off is a pretty grey area in Pennsylvania, it's actually illegal to run without "oem" doors. you can even be ticketed for tube doors. but it's all up to the cops discression and by and large most choose not to enforce it. but there is one town cop in my area that that patrols between where I work and where I live and he is a serious hard ass. like I said the time before he gave me a full walk down just looking for fix it's he could hit me with.

Top Bottom