Hiking. Day, Thru, Section, Ultralight to Traditional

Ddays

Hooked
Absolute dick kicker of a hike. 25 hours start to finish in one shot. I didnā€™t grab many pictures and the ones I did take were terrible.
Thats awesome. Do you have to do any prep for that? Holy Christ, I know when I'm in Colorado on one of the peaks (driving, lol) and get out I feel like I'm gonna fucking die.

Trail Bud

Hooked
Thatā€™s crazy! Well done!
Congratulations!
Thatā€™s a big deal. It normally takes me 12-14hrs.
The 97 switchbacks take their toll on you.
But once your through that, itā€™s cool because you know youā€™re getting close.
did you make back in time for a burger at the portal?

Trail Bud

Hooked
Also I know a guy that can do the Summitt twice in one day. Thatā€™s insane.
Thereā€™s always somebody that can.
I hate them. :)

Last edited:
Hell yes! Thatā€™s awesome! Bucket list hike for me.
Do it!! Prepare prepare prepare. But do it.
lol
Thankfully made it out okay.
Thatā€™s crazy! Well done!
Thank you!
Looks like a great day on the trail! Definitely a trail I would like to hike one day.
Do it!! Iā€™ve been trying for a permit for years. So if your considering it. Start trying for a permit and start training. šŸ‘
Congrats on the conquest!
Thank you!!
That's badass. Congrats on doing that.
Thanks brotha!!
Congratulations!
Thank you!!
Thats awesome. Do you have to do any prep for that? Holy Christ, I know when I'm in Colorado on one of the peaks (driving, lol) and get out I feel like I'm gonna fucking die.
I wish I was 30 pounds lighter and prepared a lot more. šŸ¤£
I work out 5-6 times a week always pushing past the point I get tired. But I am a terrible runner and wish I did a lot more of that before hand.
Congratulations!
Thatā€™s a big deal. It normally takes me 12-14hrs.
The 97 switchbacks take their toll on you.
But once your through that, itā€™s cool because you know youā€™re getting close.
did you make back in time for a burger at the portal?
Myself and a few in our group got terrible altitude sickness and fell way behind schedule. I was anticipating about a 17 hour day. We started at midnight and I didnā€™t finish till 1am the next day. I would have liked a burger. Haha
That's awesome, congrats! I want to do it one of these days.
Do it dude. šŸ‘
You gonna start drinking beer again now?
Iā€™m going to enjoy some good bourbon tonight. šŸ‘
25 Hours straight.... šŸ˜³ Thatā€™s insane. Nice job.
Thanks! Yea, it was not ideal. After the brutality of the situation and extreme fatigue a few of us had some strange experiences. I was hallucinating as were a couple others.

How long did you think it would take? Did you guys consider sleeping out there before you left? And do you think taking Shrooms on a hike like that is a good idea? lol
I was thinking it would take 15-18ish hours. The plan was not to sleep or camp at elevation to get good quality rest beforehand. That subject is always good for much debate. I donā€™t have a strong opinion one way or the other besides just making sure you fuel and rest up before hand. And no shrooms needed. šŸ¤£ I walked right past the ā€˜Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegasā€ neon sign while on the trail. Didnā€™t even think it was that weird at the time either. šŸ¤ŖšŸ˜‚

TrailHunter

Hooked
I was thinking it would take 15-18ish hours. The plan was not to sleep or camp at elevation to get good quality rest beforehand. That subject is always good for much debate. I donā€™t have a strong opinion one way or the other besides just making sure you fuel and rest up before hand. And no shrooms needed. šŸ¤£ I walked right past the ā€˜Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegasā€ neon sign while on the trail. Didnā€™t even think it was that weird at the time either. šŸ¤ŖšŸ˜‚
You've got balls... I like 5-6 Hour Hikes. :D

rubiDave

You've got balls... I like 5-6 Hour Hikes. :D
You're a glutton for punishment. I've done Whitney a few times, but always as a one or two nighter at the trail camp lake. I understand it's difficult to get permits for overnight these days.
Did someone stack some rocks.? I always remember the summit elevation as 14495. But I haven't been up there since like 1975.

jesse3638

Hooked
You're a glutton for punishment. I've done Whitney a few times, but always as a one or two nighter at the trail camp lake. I understand it's difficult to get permits for overnight these days.
Did someone stack some rocks.? I always remember the summit elevation as 14495. But I haven't been up there since like 1975.
It was noted about 9 or 10 years ago that Witney has grown and is now 14508.

Leaving at midnight what time did you summit? How were the temps?

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Do it!! Iā€™ve been trying for a permit for years. So if your considering it. Start trying for a permit and start training. šŸ‘
Awesome! Iā€™m definitely going to start putting in for the permit. Iā€™m wanting to do do it with the John Muir trail but I definitely need to start training a little more. lol Hell I need to get up to higher elevation and hike moreā€¦

Top Bottom