Hiking. Day, Thru, Section, Ultralight to Traditional

Welp. ‘20 came and went. Any good high hikes this past year? Or trips planned for this year? Crossing fingers ‘21 is easier for travel!

Only went on one trip all year. Wasn’t sure if it was going to be possible but we were able to get in during the shortened season and with reduced services in Yosemite NP.
Looking forward to making this a semi regular hike in the coming years.

Started out at 1am. Would be nice to start a bit later to actually take in some sites on the way up.
IMG_8893.jpg .

IMG_8900.jpg .

Jsouder53

Hooked
Welp. ‘20 came and went. Any good high hikes this past year? Or trips planned for this year? Crossing fingers ‘21 is easier for travel!

Only went on one trip all year. Wasn’t sure if it was going to be possible but we were able to get in during the shortened season and with reduced services in Yosemite NP.
Looking forward to making this a semi regular hike in the coming years.

Started out at 1am. Would be nice to start a bit later to actually take in some sites on the way up.
View attachment 357677 .

View attachment 357678 .

Great pictures! Beautiful scenery! I need to make it to Yosemite one day

Thats cool!... you started hiking at 1am? How long does it take to climb Half Dome?

My friend (at the time we thought) broke his ankle shortly after we summited and were on our way down. So we had to drastically slow down and help him down the mountain. It took us 16+ hours. We were on track prior to him getting hurt for a 9ish hour day. It was a bitch. The three of us that stayed with him for the entirety ran out of food and water. Thankfully it was only a bad sprain but I’m happy to still make fun of him for having a weak ass foot for the following months. 🤣

Bank on 9+ hours with normal walking speed and taking plenty of breaks. Also. It’s nice to beat the traffic. We were one of if not the first group of people to reach the cables that day. Soooo nice to do that section without a bunch of people in-front or behind you.

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
My friend (at the time we thought) broke his ankle shortly after we summited and were on our way down. So we had to drastically slow down and help him down the mountain. It took us 16+ hours. We were on track prior to him getting hurt for a 9ish hour day. It was a bitch. The three of us that stayed with him for the entirety ran out of food and water. Thankfully it was only a bad sprain but I’m happy to still make fun of him for having a weak ass foot for the following months. 🤣

Bank on 9+ hours with normal walking speed and taking plenty of breaks. Also. It’s nice to beat the traffic. We were one of if not the first group of people to reach the cables that day. Soooo nice to do that section without a bunch of people in-front or behind you.

Pretty area. And yes, starting at times like that make crowded hiking areas so much more enjoyable.

TrailHunter

Hooked

Holy Crap! Rough Day.

jeeeep

Hooked
damn, I miss hiking.
Ever since I blew out both knees all this has come to a screeching halt.
Considering getting knee replacement on the left knee since it's the worst and hoping with today's technology it'll allow me to get back out
so many beautiful areas out there

Jsouder53

Hooked

TrailHunter

Hooked
damn, I miss hiking.
Ever since I blew out both knees all this has come to a screeching halt.
Considering getting knee replacement on the left knee since it's the worst and hoping with today's technology it'll allow me to get back out
so many beautiful areas out there
My buddy had his knee done from years of motocross racing... I think what doctors can do these days is pretty amazing. Hope you can get back out on the trail one day. 👍

Top Bottom