Goal Zero Yeti 400 Near Catastrophic Failure

Trail Bud

Hooked
Wow!
I have the same thing, charging all of the time on a carpeted bedroom floor.
Think I’ll move it.
Want to know what they say about this.
I got mine right after you did with a nice panel.
Hope all is well.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Initial email from them asked for more information, acted like they considered the matter very serious, and said they would warranty. I provided them the information and now they have been radio silent. So, the jury is still out on the ultimate outcome.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Initial email from them asked for more information, acted like they considered the matter very serious, and said they would warranty. I provided them the information and now they have been radio silent. So, the jury is still out on the ultimate outcome.

Well that's disappointing to hear. Please keep us up to date.

jesse3638

Hooked

Due to COVID-19 we're experiencing higher volumes of customer correspondence. Please allow 3-100 business days for a response. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I contacted Goal Zero again this morning. Their response was very quick and very admirable. The have provided me with a prepaid shipping label to send the unit back to their engineers for failure analysis (the engineer emailed me directly and was insistent in an email cc'd to me that this be resolved right away.) On top of that, I also received a separate email and shipping verification indicating that a brand new, 500x lithium unit was on its way. Keep in mind that I never asked for a new unit (or even a replacement for my Yeti 400) because I knew it was out of warranty. I only contacted Goal Zero to see if they wanted to examine the failure.

So, all things considered, I'm pretty impressed with Goal Zero's customer service and, more importantly, their desire to find out what went wrong with my Yeti 400 so they could make sure it doesn't happen again. :thumb:

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
I contacted Goal Zero again this morning. Their response was very quick and very admirable. The have provided me with a prepaid shipping label to send the unit back to their engineers for failure analysis (the engineer emailed me directly and was insistent in an email cc'd to me that this be resolved right away.) On top of that, I also received a separate email and shipping verification indicating that a brand new, 500x lithium unit was on its way. Keep in mind that I never asked for a new unit (or even a replacement for my Yeti 400) because I knew it was out of warranty. I only contacted Goal Zero to see if they wanted to examine the failure.

So, all things considered, I'm pretty impressed with Goal Zero's customer service and, more importantly, their desire to find out what went wrong with my Yeti 400 so they could make sure it doesn't happen again. :thumb:

Whoa that’s really cool of them... but also sketchy to ship that failing unit back [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Whoa that’s really cool of them... but also sketchy to ship that failing unit back [emoji51]

For what it’s worth, I covered all of the leads with electrical tape and also covered the terminals.

jesse3638

Hooked

Sounds like a stand up company. You didn't get the "I'm sorry you were out of warranty and therefore you're on your own" reply. Also probably helped that you didn't approach them with the standard "Your product is a piece of shit and almost burned down my house so you own me a replacement" entitlement statement. Glad to hear they want to see what caused the problem.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Holy crap this 500X is so much lighter and smaller than my Yeti 400.

IMG_6158.jpg

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Holy crap this 500X is so much lighter and smaller than my Yeti 400.

View attachment 350295

Holy crap that was fast

Edit: with the new X series being smaller and lighter, I’ve been looking into getting a 1000 or higher. Lemme know what you think of the 500 as you use it. 🤙🏽

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Holy crap that was fast

Edit: with the new X series being smaller and lighter, I’ve been looking into getting a 1000 or higher. Lemme know what you think of the 500 as you use it. 🤙🏽

Will do. Maybe this weekend I will do a test using the ARB fridge to see how the yeti does.

dillard09

That 500x looks so nice. Been thinking about getting something like that for awhile to carry for camping. I have a little Sherpa 50 that I keep charged in the house. Came in handy on those nights with T-storms and the power goes out.

Top Bottom