Goal Zero Yeti 400 Near Catastrophic Failure

Trail Bud

Hooked
I contacted Goal Zero again this morning. Their response was very quick and very admirable. The have provided me with a prepaid shipping label to send the unit back to their engineers for failure analysis (the engineer emailed me directly and was insistent in an email cc'd to me that this be resolved right away.) On top of that, I also received a separate email and shipping verification indicating that a brand new, 500x lithium unit was on its way. Keep in mind that I never asked for a new unit (or even a replacement for my Yeti 400) because I knew it was out of warranty. I only contacted Goal Zero to see if they wanted to examine the failure.

So, all things considered, I'm pretty impressed with Goal Zero's customer service and, more importantly, their desire to find out what went wrong with my Yeti 400 so they could make sure it doesn't happen again. :thumb:

Very nice!
Good customer service and cover your ass all in one.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

What does everyone do with these things? I see them everywhere on Instagram and such. But honestly I have no clue what I’d actually do with it.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
What does everyone do with these things? I see them everywhere on Instagram and such. But honestly I have no clue what I’d actually do with it.

I thought they were too power fridges and electronics to take the load off the main battery??

On the trail I use it to power a fridge (sometimes in wife’s vehicle for soccer tournaments too). I can also use it to charge batteries for power tools, lanterns, headlamps, speakers, etc., etc.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Bullwinckle

Hooked

On the trail I use it to power a fridge (sometimes in wife’s vehicle for soccer tournaments too). I can also use it to charge batteries for power tools, lanterns, headlamps, speakers, etc., etc.

Iv seen people power up their Traeger’s with them too when out camping. One of the reasons that I am interested in buying one. As well as to power my fridge.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Iv seen people power up their Traeger’s with them too when out camping. One of the reasons that I am interested in buying one. As well as to power my fridge.

Yep, been thinking about getting a small smoker for that very reason. An all day smoke of pork butt at Rubicon Springs would be nice (although it would probably attract every bear within 20 miles). ;)

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Yep, been thinking about getting a small smoker for that very reason. An all day smoke of pork butt at Rubicon Springs would be nice (although it would probably attract every bear within 20 miles). ;)

Hell yea that sounds killer! Well minus the bear [emoji23] that was my plan getting the ranger for camping. The Traeger just make cooking easy haha

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Doing a little test. I started the fridge at about 3:40 pm. It’s in my garage, and the Yeti is NOT plugged into the wall. It doesn’t appear that the 12 volt on the fridge and the Yeti play nice together, so I’m using the 110.

IMG_6207.jpg

Sharkey how long does it take to charge the Yeti? 12 volt charge vs 110 at home etc etc.

Curious to see how this drain down goes and see how long it lasts with the fridge plugged in.

Top Bottom