Extreme Terrain Illegally Selling Copyrighted JK Decals

BlackKnight

Pulled myself off the email list, and paper catalogs for them as soon as I saw this thread pop up. However they still send me emails and catalogs. had to mark them as junk, permanently..

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know what it is with all the companies ripping me off lately but this is just ridiculous. I've worked hard to come up with my JK logo and paid good money to have it registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office - Registration Number: 3,422,569 (Int. Cl.:9 / Prior U.S. Cls.: 21, 23, 26, 36 and 38). One would think that in a small community like this, a company trying to sell parts would show a bit more discretion. :naw:

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I don't know what it is with all the companies ripping me off lately but this is just ridiculous. I've worked hard to come up with my JK logo and paid good money to have it registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office - Registration Number: 3,422,569 (Int. Cl.:9 / Prior U.S. Cls.: 21, 23, 26, 36 and 38). One would think that in a small community like this, a company trying to sell parts would show a bit more discretion. :naw:

Yup! Still got the logos in their catalog...BS!

JAGS

Hooked

Securing a patent is NOT cheap or easy and you've done everything in your power. The only good thing is that you have a forum (figuratively and literally) to show what kind of thieves these guys are. You know for sure they won't get business from any of us. Doesn't make them less of douchbags though.

dwvninety

Glad I saw this. That was one of the company I bookmarked to go back later to purchase stuff. They can be sure I wont spend my hard earned cash with them.

Tree Frog

SO I saw the offer a while back for a free calendar. Signed up and now I get their catalog every month, I get e-mails from them every few days.
But yeah like other folks I will not give my business to a company that does shady crap like this. (Sorry cant spell that unscrop*** word)

sean.m.adams33

Well I've decided to start my own jeep enthusiast website!! It has all sorts of good tips and tricks to help you out! Whether you are an experienced jeep owner or this is your first jeep, there is some useful information for everyone. Click on the link below to order some gear to show your support!!

http://www.project-jk.com/store/

I can't believe how many asshats are trying to benefit from Eddie and Cindy's hard work. Eddie if you need me to sign something you just let me know.

Hightower

I have learned over the years to only buy products made by people I know !

Driver driver GAS!
WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
This looks familiar too.

1406174061807.jpg

Found this in the catalog I just got today.

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Being that I was down in SoCal and then Vegas all last week, I kind of fell behind on my emails and while I've been trying to catch up on them, I came across this one today...

Subject: Project-JK and WAYALIFE partnership
Date: July 23, 2014 at 11:29:24 AM PDT
To: Project-JK Info

Eddie,
This is Dave with ExtremeTerrain. We spoke a while back about advertising opportunities on Project-JK and Wayalife, and you sent me some information about your ad packages. At the time we were still unsure of exactly what direction we were looking to go, but have gotten a clearer idea of what we are looking for in an ad agreement.

When we last spoke I had mentioned that ExtremeTerrain would be interested in being a source of content, in addition to an advetiser. Seeing that you do product reviews and install guides, ExtremeTerrain would love to be a source of products for you to cover on your sites. We understand that the products in question should be interesting, and we definitely have some that are unique, interesting, and relevant to a true Jeep audience. For example, our Barricade Trail Force HD Front Bumpers with LED Lighting have been a huge hit, and a product review or install guide on them would definitely draw your audience's attention.

It would be great to continue discussing a potential partnership, and I would really like to hear back from you to get some information. Please shoot me an email, or you can reach me at ....

Regards,
Dave
ExtremeTerrain.com

These guys are still RIPPING ME OFF by selling my COPYRIGHTED logo and actually have the nerve to contact me in regards to some kind of partnership?? Simply unbelievable :naw:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
:eek: To bad they didn't have the testicular fortitude to admit that they are doing something wrong. :grayno: They have definitely lost me as a potential customer.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Eddie I would have loved to see your write up about an ebay bumper that they offer under another name :clap2::clap2:

KingCopperhead

Friend of mine gave me an extreme terrain catalog a while back. The first thing I saw was the ripoff jk stickers. Their in house line of products doesn't look too appealing.

Totally scummy that they stole your idea and sell it illegally. The only partnership I'd consider with them is sharing a date in court.

They'll never see a dollar of my money.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using WAYALIFE mobile app

Friend of mine gave me an extreme terrain catalog a while back. The first thing I saw was the ripoff jk stickers. Their in house line of products doesn't look too appealing.

Totally scummy that they stole your idea and sell it illegally. The only partnership I'd consider with them is sharing a date in court.

They'll never see a dollar of my money.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using WAYALIFE mobile app

That pretty much covers it :beer: See you in court... :rock:

jwb

Well, the letter does say "made unavailable for sale and removed from the website as soon as possible." I'm sure they just forgot about the printed version. Surely they did. :rolleyes2:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey everyone, I wanted you all to know that I just received the following written apology from Xtreme Terrain.

On March 31, 2014, ExtremeTerrain.com (XT) was first informed that it was selling a vinyl product for Jeep Wrangler JKs that made use of a design that was created by Mr. Eddie Oh and used on his website, Project-JK.com. ExtremeTerrain.com removed the item from its website the same day it received this letter. As of the date of this statement, XT is happy to announce it has amicably settled the matter with Mr. Oh.

ExtremeTerrain.com apologizes for the fact that our product made use of Mr. Oh’s trademark without his permission. While there is no argument that this product did make use of the trademark, XT did not intentionally do so. One of XT’s designers had seen the image in a context that did not make it apparent that the design was unique or owned by Mr. Oh/Project-JK.com. We here at XT are sorry for the mistake and have taken actions to ensure that such a situation does not happen again.

TheDuff

Hey everyone, I wanted you all to know that I just received the following written apology from Xtreme Terrain.

Sure it won't be long till the next catalog is sent out... we'll see if they actually have stopped trying to sell your logo then.

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom