Extreme Terrain Illegally Selling Copyrighted JK Decals

Rayz

In fact I believe, but you need to verify, everything they made selling those is lost income/opportunity to you and should be recoverable as well. They are probably hoping you don't pursue it out of ignorance of the law and your rights.
^^^^^this^^^^^+1

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

Sorry Branks, this has been posted and reposted a few times now and so we finally decided to just leave it.

For the record, the Project JK logo as you see it being sold in the Extreme Terrain catalog and up until recently, on their website as well, is registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office - Registration Number: 3,422,569 (Int. Cl.:9 / Prior U.S. Cls.: 21, 23, 26, 36 and 38). Extreme Terrain blatantly ripped me off and only removed these decals from their website ONLY AFTER a formal decease and desist letter from my attorney was sent to them. Even at that, it was like pulling teeth and they are STILL denying that they've done anything wrong as you can see in the response letter they sent.

View attachment 78781

To be clear, there are ZERO difference between my copyrighted logo and what they were selling. Owning up to what they did and a simple apology could have gone a long way here but, the fact that they would behave in this manner shows me that they are a business that has NO INTEGRITY.

...and I will never be a customer of theirs.

trailless

Caught the Bug
In fact I believe, but you need to verify, everything they made selling those is lost income/opportunity to you and should be recoverable as well. They are probably hoping you don't pursue it out of ignorance of the law and your rights.

While I do believe wayalife would have a case, I think the best course of action is no further action. Extreme Terrain obliged to Wayalife's request and this should end this situation. Nice and simple.

I see no need to incur extra legal fees for a case that may or may not be won. Also there's no telling how long Extreme Terrain could drag the case out.

BTW, I will jot be doing business with them. The main reason is because they did not apologize in any way.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
While I do believe wayalife would have a case, I think the best course of action is no further action. Extreme Terrain obliged to Wayalife's request and this should end this situation. Nice and simple.

I see no need to incur extra legal fees for a case that may or may not be won. Also there's no telling how long Extreme Terrain could drag the case out.

BTW, I will jot be doing business with them. The main reason is because they did not apologize in any way.
Have someone steal your hard work then tell us if you feel the same.

Brankz

Sorry Branks, this has been posted and reposted a few times now and so we finally decided to just leave it.

For the record, the Project JK logo as you see it being sold in the Extreme Terrain catalog and up until recently, on their website as well, is registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office - Registration Number: 3,422,569 (Int. Cl.:9 / Prior U.S. Cls.: 21, 23, 26, 36 and 38). Extreme Terrain blatantly ripped me off and only removed these decals from their website ONLY AFTER a formal decease and desist letter from my attorney was sent to them. Even at that, it was like pulling teeth and they are STILL denying that they've done anything wrong as you can see in the response letter they sent.

View attachment 78781

To be clear, there are ZERO difference between my copyrighted logo and what they were selling. Owning up to what they did and a simple apology could have gone a long way here but, the fact that they would behave in this manner shows me that they are a business that has NO INTEGRITY.

Sorry I spam you by accident lol
It's cool bro, the important is that you knew that this Dbags are ripping you off

Woody3

Have someone steal your hard work then tell us if you feel the same.

^^^^^^X2 on this^^^^^

It shouldn't matter how little or much they made from the fraudulent sales, it should all be paid to Eddie. They stole from him and now they need to make it right.

Keep your head low and your powder dry.

MICP3309

I gotta say that between Eddie & Wayalife... and EVO.. You guys need full time investigators to find all the :asshat: that blatantly rip your designs and pass them off as their own.. Guess when your making the best designed stuff out there everyone wants a piece. :naw: Still NO EXCUSE to be a complete douche and not even man up and accept responsibility, and offer an apology.

On a side note: if you are interested in those investigators, I CAN forward my resume, and be paid in Coil Overs :brows::brows:

CONative

Just an FYI - received a catalog today dated 14-April and the decals are showing for sale still on page 16 . . .

dannymalkin

The sad part is that this happens everyday in every industry. People's hard work and creativity are undermined even if it is done illegally.

Side note, their entire black friday sale was buy $250 save $10 lol

UpsideUp

I came across the same sticker on Amazon and left a review of the product. I mentioned how the sticker design was stolen and was sure that the creator probably had no knowledge of it. How if someone wanted that sticker design the should just join the forum, meet great people, learn something about Jeeps, and pay the person who deserves to be paid for the design.
Never heard anything back about my review. LoL

Brankz

I came across the same sticker on Amazon and left a review of the product. I mentioned how the sticker design was stolen and was sure that the creator probably had no knowledge of it. How if someone wanted that sticker design the should just join the forum, meet great people, learn something about Jeeps, and pay the person who deserves to be paid for the design.
Never heard anything back about my review. LoL

And here the decal is cheaper, fake stickers go for 10 bucks plus shipping lol

StrizzyChris

Looks like they are not an honest company (insert shocked face) Eddie should order a set to catch them in the act! :yup:

Top Bottom