Evo Leveling Kit

Kalums

What exact model number are your shocks?
26xl or 29xl?

Not sure I haven't bought them yet I was just wondering before I bought them.

Also does anyone know a good. Set of extended end links right now I'm still using the stock front and rears. I seem to remember some one saying I would be good to put the rears in the front and then buy new rears.. Is this true?

Kalums

i can answer that, i have the rancho 9000xls 26 and 28.
and no the shocks are no where near long enough to unseat your springs.
the front shocks were maybe a quarter of a inch longer than stock rubi shocks at best. if you have a 12+ you will have to take off that little bracket that holds your brake line since it will get really tight at full flex.
the rears were actually slightly shorter than the stock rear rubi shocks which had me a little disappointed, but i love the ride so it made up for it.

Thx I was going to get the Evo brake line extensions.

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug

Also does anyone know a good. Set of extended end links right now I'm still using the stock front and rears. I seem to remember some one saying I would be good to put the rears in the front and then buy new rears.. Is this true?

Thx I was going to get the Evo brake line extensions.

i bought the rear end links used from a member here (noroad). because my sway bar was at a pretty good angle after the leveling and after the new shocks, the links were starting to invert a bit. so the rear end links to the front fixed the problem and leveled the sway bar back to the way it was when stock.

also if your going with the rancho shocks i was talking about. you wont need any extended brake line brackets. also, from what i remember. i dont think you can use a brake line relocation bracket on the front of the 12+ wranglers. im sure some one will chime in on that if im wrong.

Tnlrat37

Im also looking at the Rancho 9000s, and was wondering which ones to get 0-2 or 2.5 and up. The Evo kit looks like it put me right at 2.5 up front but the rear is only the 3/4 puck so not sure what to get. I have an email in with Rancho just waiting to hear back. Also I am getting the JKS quick discos for the front as it will level my sway bar and give me the disco feature rather than getting rears and putting them up front.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Im also looking at the Rancho 9000s, and was wondering which ones to get 0-2 or 2.5 and up. The Evo kit looks like it put me right at 2.5 up front but the rear is only the 3/4 puck so not sure what to get. I have an email in with Rancho just waiting to hear back. Also I am getting the JKS quick discos for the front as it will level my sway bar and give me the disco feature rather than getting rears and putting them up front.

The 0-2" are a tad shorter than factory. Just throwing that out there. You could add bump stops and get the next step up.
This is similar to the Rancho 2" kit. They use small bump stops up front. Maybe 2" and the middle shocks. I believe they use the 29/30 combination of shocks.

Last edited:

Kalums

The 0-2" are a tad shorter than factory. Just throwing that out there. You could add bump stops and get the next step up.
This is similar to the Rancho 2" kit. They use small bump stops up front. Maybe 2" and the middle shocks. I believe they use the 29/30 combination of shocks.

So I have the stock hydros on my 13' JKU sport now, just scored a set of 15' Rubicon shocks off a pal at work for the price of his lunch, but I don't want to pass up the deal on the Rancho 9000s, what would you guys buy, the 29/30 combo and add ext bumps or stick to the 0-2"?

2sixR

Anything else needed with the EVO Leveling Kit?

well, after a lot of thought and reading through this thread, I think I'll be going with this EVO Leveling Kit on my 2015 JKU Hard Rock... this is my first Jeep, so all this mod stuff is new to me... will also be adding new shocks, either the Rancho 9000's or Bilstein 5100's (any recommendations on which shock to go with appreciated)... will I need anything else for a complete and proper install, i.e. brake line extensions, links, bump stops, etc... this rig is my daily driver and will be used for overland expedition type runs more than rock crawling... thanks in advance.

Kalums

Bilstiens are cheaper but Ranchos are adjustable so it's subjective at that point. But personally Rancho is running a pretty good deal right now

TM98

You might want to look at the new Rancho 5000x. They have had some really good reviews while being used on JK's

USMC Wrangler

I just ordered this kit and several other things. Can't wait to get this installed. I'll be comparing this to 18 Rubi take off springs with a 1" spacer, which is what I've been running for almost two years.

Kumar

I just ordered this kit and several other things. Can't wait to get this installed. I'll be comparing this to 18 Rubi take off springs with a 1" spacer, which is what I've been running for almost two years.

I recently installed this on my 2dr. Have 2 sets of rear end links on their way if you need one, which you will for the front.

USMC Wrangler

I recently installed this on my 2dr. Have 2 sets of rear end links on their way if you need one, which you will for the front.

Oh ok. I thought nothing but the front springs needed to be replaced. I'll have to check my sway bar angle to be certain. I do have some brake line extensions on hand and considered installing those. Anything else need to be swapped out in the back?

USMC Wrangler

Wow! I've never really measured but how much longer are the rears? Will that definitely fix this or is an adjustable set needed?

Kumar

Rear looks fine on mine. I only read that the rear end links would be adequate for the front, and in the process of looking acquired 2 sets. The front needs adjustment for sure and I won't get to installing the rear end links up front until Friday. But from the looks of things you should be good with just throwing rears up front. And as I said, I have an extra set coming that I'll send if you need them (free (optional)I'll take a beer on the hidden falls trip))

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
I just put this lift on last week, love the ride. However, Not sure if its normal but it lifted quite a bit more up front compared to rear. I know it should a little but the front ground to fender is 38.75 and rear is just under 36.5. The space in the fender from tire to fender is 7.5 in front and barely 5 in rear. Also I needed a spring compressor to get the passenger side spring in because I couldn't get it to droop low enough. The instructions said it would fit right in. Im wondering if I ended up with the 3" springs by mistake. Or maybe I just need larger spacers in the rear. Anyone else have these comparable measurements? View attachment 130506 View attachment 130507 I ordered the kit from Northridge. It does seem to ride great though, my steering is just a tad off center, I will fix that when I get the alignment done.

Also, loosen the frame side front track bar bolt and remove the axle side track bar bolt. The axle will drop enough and you won't need that spring compressor.

Yeah I saw that on a teraflex install youtube video after the fact. Oh well autozone let me use one for free. Good advice for others putting this on

I got my 4" plush rides in without a compressor. Like stated, you just have to disconnect a few things.

Top Bottom