Evo Leveling Kit

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I got my 4" plush rides in without a compressor. Like stated, you just have to disconnect a few things.

Yup you shouldn't need to compress the coils. Loosen up your control arms and take off the trackbar and seaybar links and you will get enough axle drop to slide them right in

Tnlrat37

I got email back from rancho and they said their shocks won't work??? How could that be? I told them what I got and asked for recommendations on either the 0-2" or 2.5 and up and that's all they said "it won't work". Anyone use 9000s on this lift, I really don't want to miss the deal on them but don't want to get the wrong ones.

RedDawg01

I got email back from rancho and they said their shocks won't work??? How could that be? I told them what I got and asked for recommendations on either the 0-2" or 2.5 and up and that's all they said "it won't work". Anyone use 9000s on this lift, I really don't want to miss the deal on them but don't want to get the wrong ones.

I have the 9000s (0-2") with the level kit since the beginning of April and with street and mild trail driving Iv had no issues.

USMC Wrangler

Couple more questions while I wait for delivery...

1) I already have 3/4" rear spacers. If the front ends up higher than the rear can I stack two sets of 3/4" spacers on the rear coils without any issues?

2) I am running fairly new Rubi take off shocks. Any issues with that for the time being?

Thanks!

PS - I do have brake line extensions front and rear on hand, but not installed yet.

CrazyTrainJK

Caught the Bug
Couple more questions while I wait for delivery...

1) I already have 3/4" rear spacers. If the front ends up higher than the rear can I stack two sets of 3/4" spacers on the rear coils without any issues?

2) I am running fairly new Rubi take off shocks. Any issues with that for the time being?

Thanks!

PS - I do have brake line extensions front and rear on hand, but not installed yet.

On the spacers I wouldn't think it would be a good idea to stack but not sure.

I have rubi shocks on mine and work fine.

I do not have brake line extensions and have not had a problem.

2sixR

I asked Rancho which of the 9000 shocks to use with the EVO 1.5 HD Leveling Kit and they said to go with the 26/28 0-2" shocks... I know others who run this combo, shouldn't be a problem... makes you wonder about some of these guys who are responding to questions though.

USMC Wrangler

I was planning on going to 1.75" rear spacers when I was running my Rancho 2" suspension with .75 spacers but I just bit the bullet and went to the Enforcer lift.

Thanks again. A lift, 35" tires and other goodies needed for this is out of my budget for a long time. Looking forward to this kit and the other Evo protection that I ordered arriving in the next couple days.

USMC Wrangler

I asked Rancho which of the 9000 shocks to use with the EVO 1.5 HD Leveling Kit and they said to go with the 26/28 0-2" shocks... I know others who run this combo, shouldn't be a problem... makes you wonder about some of these guys who are responding to questions though.

Yep, and that's why I love the Wayalife forums. I tend to trust people that have used/tried these different combos over some, (not all), of the call takers. It makes sense that the 0-2" shocks would work since I've read here that people are still using factory Rubi or similar shocks with this kit.

I'll see how I like it with the Rubi take-offs I already have, but have the 9000's in the back of my mind when it's time to replace those.

NV375

Look at Rancho's 2" sport suspension with RS9000XL shocks, they list part #s for shocks. I have not ran the EVO leveling kit but did run the Rancho 2" sport suspension. The shocks included in the Rancho kit allowed max droop in the front with stock DS and max max droop in the rear without unseating the coils. Running the rear shocks I am recommending will require either longer rear brake lines or extensions. You will also want to watch your parking brake cables during your cycle test. If you don't care about max articulation or are planning on EVO Rock stars go with the shorter rear shocks.

Top Bottom