Drag link flip

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Looking at the Synergy Drag Link kit which includes drag link and track bar bracket for around 430 bucks . Is this all that’s needed ? Will this work with the SS Yeti HD front adj track bar ? Already have that .

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
Looking at the Synergy Drag Link kit which includes drag link and track bar bracket for around 430 bucks . Is this all that’s needed ? Will this work with the SS Yeti HD front adj track bar ? Already have that .

I'm sure it will work. A problem you may run into with the adjustable track bar is it may be too long even adjust as shot as it will go after you've installed the trackbar bracket.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Would it also be safe to say that if you aren't running a ram assist... it's better to bend your stock drag link, than put more stress on your sector shaft with a beefier drag link.... and if you have Ram Assist, than the stock drag link is all you need? Plus, like you said, easy to get anywhere...

on a side note.... why does Evo give you a drag link in the kit, if it's the same as stock?

They use a RHD drag link.

Because when you flip the link the bend is in the wrong direction.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Umm, no. The drag link itself doesn’t get flipped.

TrailHunter

Hooked
They use a RHD drag link.

Now I’m f’n confused... lol. If you flip the stock drag link outer (the “fixed” rod & end at the knuckle) to the top of the knuckle.. the bend would be in the wrong direction... So they use a RHD drag link like you said... Right?

J

JKDream

Yes it does? That's the whole point of the kit. You flip the mounting position from below the knuckle to on top, which puts the bend in the factory draglink the wrong direction.
That is why the include the RHD draglink as I mentioned in my original post.

WJCO

Meme King
I think everyone is saying the same thing. If you took the stock drag link and flipped it on top of the knuckle it would make the bend hit the coil and you wouldn't be able to steer, which is why you have to get a RHD one instead. When on top of the knuckle, the RHD one bends properly away from the coil instead of toward it.

J

JKDream

I think everyone is saying the same thing. If you took the stock drag link and flipped it on top of the knuckle it would make the bend hit the coil and you wouldn't be able to steer, which is why you have to get a RHD one instead. When on top of the knuckle, the RHD one bends properly away from the coil instead of toward it.

Thank you, this is what I was trying to say.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
I installed the Synergy drag link flipped recently and like it so far. I had a titanium step up bit that maxed out at 7/8 which worked perfectly for drilling the knuckle. No flopping with the new one. I definitely need to add more bump stop though; I only have 2" (with 3.25" of lift) and at full stuff the drag link will hit the frame rail. Still have the stock track bar installed in the raised bracket that came with the PR44.
draglinkFlip.jpg
You'll have to excuse the dirt, I didn't bother cleaning the underside with anything other than the hose.

zimm

Caught the Bug
Stock track "should" work with a raised bracket and keep axle centered. I have a Rockkrawler track bar and had to adjust it to the shortest setting possible to work with a raised track bar bracket. Too bad I threw away the stock stuff when i did my first lift.

rl206

For people following along like myself, the only things I have to include is stay away from the steer smarts products. I had ordered a track bar bracket, didn't know any better, other forums had nothing bad to say about them. I can chime in first hand to stick w/ Synergy stuff...

longarmwj

I installed the Synergy drag link flipped recently and like it so far. I had a titanium step up bit that maxed out at 7/8 which worked perfectly for drilling the knuckle. No flopping with the new one. I definitely need to add more bump stop though; I only have 2" (with 3.25" of lift) and at full stuff the drag link will hit the frame rail. Still have the stock track bar installed in the raised bracket that came with the PR44.
View attachment 311295
You'll have to excuse the dirt, I didn't bother cleaning the underside with anything other than the hose.

How does the drag link flip improve the steering feel? The big thing I have found that people take away from is that it totally changes how the Jeep feels to drive.

WJCO

Meme King
How does the drag link flip improve the steering feel? The big thing I have found that people take away from is that it totally changes how the Jeep feels to drive.

A stock JK's drag link and track bar are nearly parallel to each other and parallel to the ground. When you lift a up around 3-4 inches, those two items are no longer parallel to the ground and usually aren't as parallel to each other. By flipping the draglink over the knuckle and raising the track bar from the axle end, it brings it much closer to the OEM angles.

If you lift the JK and don't flip the drag link, you can get bump steer. It sucks. Every bump or dip you hit, as the suspension articulates, the vehicle will pull one way or the other and jerk the steering wheel side to side.

This thread may help: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/42462-Wrangler-JK-Steering

Last edited:

Stotch

Caught the Bug

It definitely does make a noticeable difference. I believe it has to do with how much leverage your pitman arm has depending on the drag link angle (I'm assuming, I haven't done any real research). Also, the shallower angle on the track bar helps with body roll while cornering. So it corners a little easier and doesn't roll as much while taking a corner at speed.

J

JKDream

I didn't notice any difference, but I also didn't have bumpsteer before the install.
I installed mine to add clearance for my hydro ram.
If you do not have bumpsteer - you do not need to install the flip kit.

DMF

I'm sure it will work. A problem you may run into with the adjustable track bar is it may be too long even adjust as shot as it will go after you've installed the trackbar bracket.

That would be bad . Anyone tried this and know if works or not ?

I had to find an OEM Track Bar when I installed the Synergy Track Bar bracket. My adjustable one was just too long even at the shortest setting.

Top Bottom