Denver, CO Mile High Meetup Thread

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Hello Denver crew. I’ll be in the Denver area for a week starting today. I rented a 4 door Jeep and am curious if there are any stock JL sport friendly easy/scenic trails close by that I could check out. I’ll be staying at the Double Tree in Greenwood Village until Saturday morning.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

boardsurfer

Hello Denver crew. I’ll be in the Denver area for a week starting today. I rented a 4 door Jeep and am curious if there are any stock JL sport friendly easy/scenic trails close by that I could check out. I’ll be staying at the Double Tree in Greenwood Village until Saturday morning.

Argentine/McClellan, just outside Georgetown is stock friendly and will get you to 13000 feet with some pretty ridiculous views - although shits on fire right now so that's not guaranteed.

I'm free on Tuesday if you want a guide.

Sent from my Pixel using WAYALIFE mobile app

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Argentine/McClellan, just outside Georgetown is stock friendly and will get you to 13000 feet with some pretty ridiculous views - although shits on fire right now so that's not guaranteed.

I'm free on Tuesday if you want a guide.

I should note, I do have work/training during the day so anything I do will have to be after work.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
In that case, Kingston peak is quite a bit closer. Just up the canyon past black hawk.

That sounds perfect. I’m done with work around 4 every day. I’m staying at the Double Tree on Orchard Rd in Greenwood Springs. Where do you want to meet up at?

They put me in a JL Sahara with the 2.0. I actually think I like this engine better than the 3.6.

boardsurfer

That sounds perfect. I’m done with work around 4 every day. I’m staying at the Double Tree on Orchard Rd in Greenwood Springs. Where do you want to meet up at?

They put me in a JL Sahara with the 2.0. I actually think I like this engine better than the 3.6.

How quickly can you be ready to go? I'm close to that area and can just meet you there at the Doubletree. 430? 500?

highoctane

Caught the Bug
How quickly can you be ready to go? I'm close to that area and can just meet you there at the Doubletree. 430? 500?

I'll see what the day brings tomorrow as far as when we are released for the day. Pretty sure 4:30 should be doable. Work is less than 5 minutes away from the hotel.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Not a bad way to spend a Tuesday afternoon. Highoctane it was nice meeting you and I got to break the new Jeep in.
Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yes it was great meeting everyone! The views on that trail were stunning. Was a great way to take a break from the death by powerpoint while I'm in town for work. Makes me miss the west. Thanks for coming out!

I’ll tell you what though there isn’t really anymore care free wheeling than running a trail in a rental Jeep with liability damage waiver coverage. [emoji38] That little turbo 2.0 JL Sahara did pretty good.

IMG_5116.jpg

IMG_5120.jpg

IMG_5132.jpg

IMG_5139.jpg

IMG_5147.jpg

IMG_5146.jpg

IMG_5149.jpg

IMG_5151.jpg

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Glad you were able to see that trail, highoctane. It's a beauty.

And glad to hear you got your new Jeep out, Jeff.

Top Bottom