Denver, CO Mile High Meetup Thread

boardsurfer

Awesome shot, thanks!

Sorry for getting separated on the way out. I did stop and wait a bit but couldnt get anyone on the radio.

Slimebones

Yessir. And yea no worries!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Yeah, we just descended into an abyss from that junction and could not believe we saw an old Jeep pickup sitting in the ruins of a seemingly abandoned personal junkyard of some really rusted old relics. Had to be there to appreciate. Wish I had got some pics. Gotta be some interesting stories involved for sure. Wish I had Eddie's and Cindy's skills to present some of my adventures. The Colorado Rockies have a lot of hidden treasures for sure.

bigcale

Caught the Bug
Yeah, we just descended into an abyss from that junction and could not believe we saw an old Jeep pickup sitting in the ruins of a seemingly abandoned personal junkyard of some really rusted old relics. Had to be there to appreciate. Wish I had got some pics. Gotta be some interesting stories involved for sure. Wish I had Eddie's and Cindy's skills to present some of my adventures. The Colorado Rockies have a lot of hidden treasures for sure.

There was a J20, a Willys Wagon, an IHS Scout and a Jeepster/Commando (not sure which one because it did not have the front clip) all that I would like to rescue before they turn to rust.

Slimebones

There was a J20, a Willys Wagon, an IHS Scout and a Jeepster/Commando (not sure which one because it did not have the front clip) all that I would like to rescue before they turn to rust.

Good eye Ben. I couldn't catch all that. Was happening way too fast!!!:eek:

Slimebones

Pencil me in. Dealing with a tire issue, gash in driver's front. Replaced it and passenger front to keep same size tire on that axle. Bead locks take a lot of time. Will be ready by Sat.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Pencil me in. Dealing with a tire issue, gash in driver's front. Replaced it and passenger front to keep same size tire on that axle. Bead locks take a lot of time. Will be ready by Sat.

I still need to fix my front locker but YOLO. I’m game for whatever.

Something new - Kelly Flats up north?

Slimebones

I still need to fix my front locker but YOLO. I’m game for whatever.

Something new - Kelly Flats up north?

Boardsurfer suggested this last year, been looking at it ever since. Why not. Long drive with a climax at the end! Oh, Baby!!

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
That would be almost 7hrs highway time for me so I'm going to pass on that one. Take some pics to share.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

My other thought was tincup, but that's also 4 hours each way. Occupational hazard.

Alright, so for those who want to do it - lets hit up Kelly Flats. Meet at Ted's Place (Shell station), 6511 US-287, Laporte, CO 80535 and we can drive up the canyon from there. Let's try to be at Ted's by no later than 8:30.

Top Bottom