Denver, CO Mile High Meetup Thread

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Great pictures guys! Glad you were able to escape power point purgatory.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

What was just as nice was the escape from the heat! 97 deg in Denver when I left the hotel. 61 deg at the highest point on the trail. The weather was great.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Slimebones

What was just as nice was the escape from the heat! 97 deg in Denver when I left the hotel. 61 deg at the highest point on the trail. The weather was great.

And it's also "cool" (excuse the pun), that most people that rent a vehicle from the Denver airport have no idea what you just experienced! Would be nice to keep it that way. Just like most people think that Denver is "snowed in" all winter. Trouble is, word is getting out and it is pretty crowded around here these days. Tennessee sounds interesting:hmm:

wjtstudios

Hooked

Looked like it from the pictures

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Slimebones

I didn't think there were any fires south of I-70.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

I was referring to the Hayman fire of 2002 which consumed the area we are going to. It is still recorded as the largest fire in Colorado history....138,000 acres, started by a forest service ranger intentionally, even though there was a fire ban in effect.

WJCO

Meme King
Guess we don't have to worry about surrounding fires since the crazy bitch already torched it, huh! Not much fuel left there. Kinda eirie landscape

I didn't think there were any fires south of I-70.

I was referring to the Hayman fire of 2002 which consumed the area we are going to. It is still recorded as the largest fire in Colorado history....138,000 acres, started by a forest service ranger intentionally, even though there was a fire ban in effect.

Yep. Here's our run from a couple of years ago. Nasty fire damage out there. Sad.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php...eetup-Thread?p=1042670&viewfull=1#post1042670

Slimebones

Awesome Patience

I just want to acknowledge the brotherhood of today's crew. I underestimated my travel time to the trailhead today and arrived an hour later than planned. I am usually way punctual, and embarrassed that I was so late. Totally impressed that these guys were there and waiting. Shows a lot of character. Also note: there was no cell service anywhere around. Always a great group to wheel with!!!

I'm starting college back up again next week to hopefully actually finish my bachelor's degree. That's going to really hurt how much free time I'm going to feel like I have. I'd like to hit another trail either Thursday or Friday. I could do Saturday, but I need to be home by the evening.

Sent from my SM-N970U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I just want to acknowledge the brotherhood of today's crew. I underestimated my travel time to the trailhead today and arrived an hour later than planned. I am usually way punctual, and embarrassed that I was so late. Totally impressed that these guys were there and waiting. Shows a lot of character. Also note: there was no cell service anywhere around. Always a great group to wheel with!!!

Glad you had a good time out there. Any pics? I’ve never been down there. Would like to check it out. Been reading about that Hayman Fire. Quite the occurrence...

I'm starting college back up again next week to hopefully actually finish my bachelor's degree. That's going to really hurt how much free time I'm going to feel like I have. I'd like to hit another trail either Thursday or Friday. I could do Saturday, but I need to be home by the evening.

We could definitely get at it early and be home for dinner on Saturday, but yea as mentioned, there will be quite a bit of burning just north of that trip that may creep down over this week..

Wheeler Lake is definitely on my Colorado bucket list. From what I know, it sounds like it might get a bit interesting in my stock JLUR. But she's not afraid of some bumps and bruises. You should have seen me wheeling alone on Spring Creek, trying to scare my visiting sister-in-law. I scared myself too, lol. I just don't want to replace my steering stabilizer again so soon [emoji854]

WJCO

Meme King
Wheeler Lake is definitely on my Colorado bucket list. From what I know, it sounds like it might get a bit interesting in my stock JLUR. But she's not afraid of some bumps and bruises. You should have seen me wheeling alone on Spring Creek, trying to scare my visiting sister-in-law. I scared myself too, lol. I just don't want to replace my steering stabilizer again so soon [emoji854]

I recall all of the big rocks being quite easy to keep your tires on with a good spotter. I don't think anybody scraped belly or diffs at all iirc when we went last year.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php...eetup-Thread?p=1158035&viewfull=1#post1158035

Last edited:

boardsurfer

If you can do Spring Creek, Wheeler is not a big deal.

Top Bottom