Defund the Police

Kuboske

That is getting harder and harder. Truth is many police departments are already running short and qualified people are becoming harder to find. Only considering what people see in the national news, who would want to be a police officer right now?
My son, for all of his young life, wanted to either go into a career military, or law enforcement, job. Worked his butt off in school, got a full scholarship, and completed 4 years, in college at the top of his class. Law enforcement/criminal justice, degree. He now, after watching this nation, turn against cops, wants nothing to do with it.
He has a fantastic job, now. Probably making much more, than they pay cops.
It makes me very sad, as his father to know, his entire childhood dream has been destroyed by the rapid, downward spiral, this nation is in.

jesse3638

Hooked
As mentioned the media continually fuels this division. Did George Floyd need to die? No. Was he targeted because of his color? No. Had he not tired to pass off a counterfeit $20, simply complied and did what he was told none of this would even be discussed. He was a career criminal with a mile long wrap sheet, not the next MLK. What sickens me the most is all these woke celebrities tweeting #finallyjustice, blah blah blah, all to make them look good. Rosie O'Donnell, Justin Timberlake, Mandy Moore, Sterling K Brown, etc go back to living your lavish lifestyle where you don't give a fuck. No I'm not a racist. When my Supervisor (black) and captain (black) have the same sentiment. We can see where the problem lies.

Spazbyt

Hooked
I can only imagine if we "defund the police" The east side of every major city in the US will look like a scene from Escape from New York. Seriously though, BLM could point to specific laws thats may be negatively effecting communities and we could all sit down and talk about that. But what they want is lawlessness pure and simple. BLM simply wants less police with less power if any police at all.

We live in Clown World now.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I can only imagine if we "defund the police" The east side of every major city in the US will look like a scene from Escape from New York. Seriously though, BLM could point to specific laws thats may be negatively effecting communities and we could all sit down and talk about that. But what they want is lawlessness pure and simple. BLM simply wants less police with less power if any police at all.

We live in Clown World now.
What they want is less police arresting and disciplining them right wrong or indifferent but they want the police when the white people or other races are in the wrong. I can guarantee you calls for police assistance are not down in heavily black communities.

jesse3638

Hooked
I would agree, yet people are calling for this officer to be charged criminally. Apparently knife fights between teenagers are OK is some communities.
Yeah the argument is that knife injuries aren't always fatal. But they aren't always non-fatal either.

This cop did what he was trained to do, unfortunately a kid lost her life due to her stupid decision to attack another person with a knife.

As for the officer he's damned either way. He shoots and kills assailant, assailant's parents are pissed off. He stands by and does nothing and the assailant severely injures or kills the other kid involved, now the other kid's parents are passed off. Either way the woke will claim racism.

I back the blue, but do not envy their job. Thanks goes out to all upstanding LEO's performing the thankless job they do.

WJCO

Meme King
I would agree, yet people are calling for this officer to be charged criminally. Apparently knife fights between teenagers are OK is some communities.
This is the kinda bullshit that is ridiculous. This officer did his job. Period. The outcome of someone dying sucks, but she was in the process of causing bodily injury or death to another person. She isn't a victim. The officer stopped the threat.

jesse3638

Hooked
I just realized that she was black. No wonder why the cop is portrayed as the bad guy. Same mainstream narrative.
Yeah the headline couldn't read "Ohio Police officer shoots and kills a 16 year old armed with a knife charging two women"

Instead one reads "Columbus police kill black teenage girl"

Paints a totally different picture.

Kuboske

A knife IS a lethal threat!
A ball bat IS a lethal threat.
If confronted with a lethal threat, you better be ready to stop the threat, very quickly.
Most of the time, the cops get there in time to write up the report, and clean up the mess.
This young woman started down the path that resulted in her death, probably years ago...

Robar

The Enforcer
My son, for all of his young life, wanted to either go into a career military, or law enforcement, job. Worked his butt off in school, got a full scholarship, and completed 4 years, in college at the top of his class. Law enforcement/criminal justice, degree. He now, after watching this nation, turn against cops, wants nothing to do with it.
He has a fantastic job, now. Probably making much more, than they pay cops.
It makes me very sad, as his father to know, his entire childhood dream has been destroyed by the rapid, downward spiral, this nation is in.
I agree, it is sad. Your son is what law enforcement needs and unfortunately you son is not the only victim of this dream killer.

Top Bottom