Control arm upgrade. Long arms perhaps?

Weebz

Caught the Bug
No issues with mine at all either. Had one bolt work loose but that was my fault for not checking. Otherwise, these brackets are pretty heavy duty stuff. Nothings unbreakable, but I'd love to see pics of his issues.

Me too. He had already replaced the upper bracket when we were talking.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Has anybody had any issues with their rear upper brackets or the the joint inserts coming loose? Was talking with a buddy who was having some serious issues. Cracked his upper mount in the rear and then proceeded to tell me about another guy having issues with the lower slot joint not pinching enough and working loose? All hear say and I take it with a grain of salt but curious as I’m on the fence about going this route as well.

I’ve read about and have seen pictures of such issues on another forum. As with most things on the internet, it’s hard to tell whether one person’s experience is exceptional or indicative of a wider problem.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TheGrendel

the one recurring issue i've read about it regarding Evo's arms both and regular and long arm is people having issues getting the pinch sleeves to stay tight. haven't seen/read anything about bracket problems.

TheGrendel

Thank you for the input.
How about pros and cons of coil overs by brands?

depends on what you want. but, there are only 2 brands i am considering. Evo or Accutune. Evo has the easiest install with the bolt on coilover system and they have a hardcore version that requires welding which is the Double throw down. Accutune's is all weld on but not as involved as the double throw down.

Rebel's system especially the rear coilovers are angled too much.

Ddays

Hooked
Thank you for the input.

depends on what you want. but, there are only 2 brands i am considering. Evo or Accutune. Evo has the easiest install with the bolt on coilover system and they have a hardcore version that requires welding which is the Double throw down. Accutune's is all weld on but not as involved as the double throw down.

Rebel's system especially the rear coilovers are angled too much.

The two biggest coilover brands out there are King and Fox. There are others but I can't comment on them as I have no earthly idea how good or bad they are,

EVO supplies Kings with their bolt on kits that come with their own specific valving spec 's & springs.

Accutune supplies Fox or Kings with their own unique valving & spring rates in their kits. Accutune supplies Synergy brackets that are weld on only IIRC. At least they are for the fronts

TheGrendel

The two biggest coilover brands out there are King and Fox. There are others but I can't comment on them as I have no earthly idea how good or bad they are,

EVO supplies Kings with their bolt on kits that come with their own specific valving spec 's & springs.

Accutune supplies Fox or Kings with their own unique valving & spring rates in their kits. Accutune supplies Synergy brackets that are weld on only IIRC. At least they are for the fronts

i was kind of assuming he was asking about coilover systems. but, he didn't specify. as far as the coilovers themselves, i agree to stick with the known quantities fox and king. :thumb:

Ddays

Hooked
i was kind of assuming he was asking about coilover systems. but, he didn't specify. as far as the coilovers themselves, i agree to stick with the known quantities fox and king. :thumb:

Ya, I kinda did too, I was just anticipating his next question :D

wjtstudios

Hooked
Has anybody had any issues with their rear upper brackets or the the joint inserts coming loose? Was talking with a buddy who was having some serious issues. Cracked his upper mount in the rear and then proceeded to tell me about another guy having issues with the lower slot joint not pinching enough and working loose? All hear say and I take it with a grain of salt but curious as I’m on the fence about going this route as well.

No issues on mine, just weld them on. Since you are willing to drive long distances to wheel, I really think it would make a big difference for you. I’ve noticed the biggest benefit at highway speed.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Ddays

Hooked
No issues on mine, just weld them on. Since you are willing to drive long distances to wheel, I really think it would make a big difference for you. I’ve noticed the biggest benefit at highway speed.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Absolutely this ^^. Your Jeep will track on the highway as well as stock if you can remember those days.
Like Bill said, my only regret was that the high clearance kit wasn't available for the rear when I did mine a couple years back. I'm currently correcting that now that it is available for non Evo-Lever setups. Yay. More money to spend :rolleyes2:

Exodus 4x4

Thank you for the input.

King or Fox. I’m partial to Fox.

If you’re wanting a kit that performs well and installs easy, EVO.

If you’re want a kit that performs well and don’t mind an intense installation, Synergy.

If you’re wanting a kit that performs excellent and don’t mind the intense installation, Accutune.

The intense install refers to cutting an welding. The Accutune kit performs better IMO because of the Fox 2.5” coilovers, custome valving and spring rates. Of course any coilover can be built that way as well, but Accutune will build them to your rig the first time.

Long arm kits... The EVO high clearance is going to offer the most clearance off road. Synergy has an excellent kit but won’t have clearance in the rear that the EVO kit has. Honestly, those are the only 2 kits I consider when talking to customers about their builds. No other brands are going to compare to the strength and function of these 2, outside of full custom building.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
I’ve conceded to long arm (after flip-flopping 90 times). Now if struggling with actual set up. It’s either Evo high clearance or I may consider still a set-up not favored by a lot here but one I do like. We shall see. To make matters worse I think I’m going to try and jump to outboard my rears too as part of this build. Working though that now too. Or I may take the easy approach and sell the damn thing and save money. Lol

TheGrendel

I’ve conceded to long arm (after flip-flopping 90 times). Now if struggling with actual set up. It’s either Evo high clearance or I may consider still a set-up not favored by a lot here but one I do like. We shall see. To make matters worse I think I’m going to try and jump to outboard my rears too as part of this build. Working though that now too. Or I may take the easy approach and sell the damn thing and save money. Lol

sell it. buy JL. Jeep took care of that for you.

BrownBear

Great info. Now just more money, a place to do it and a helper or even more money and have it installed by Evolution off road or somebody of the likes.
This is more money than the Ol TJ for sure. But isn’t it fun!? LOL
I always regretted not going long on the TJ so I figured right away I need to do it on JL.
Thanks!

Ddays

Hooked
Great info. Now just more money, a place to do it and a helper or even more money and have it installed by Evolution off road or somebody of the likes.
This is more money than the Ol TJ for sure. But isn’t it fun!? LOL
I always regretted not going long on the TJ so I figured right away I need to do it on JL.
Thanks!

If this ^^ is your situation, I'd go the EVO bolt on route & call it a day.

Ddays

Hooked
RV living has some drawbacks for sure. I'll figure it out..where there's a will there's a way. ;)

Please don't take my last comment as a knock of any sort - I was just saying if you are going to do the install or don't want to break the bank, the bolt on is a perfectly fine kit.

BrownBear

Please don't take my last comment as a knock of any sort - I was just saying if you are going to do the install or don't want to break the bank, the bolt on is a perfectly fine kit.

Nope, I didn't. Bolt on is fine too!
Besides I think I broke the bank when I bought the jeep!!!! But, living in an RV provides for low overhead and a expedited cash stash for jeep parts. I just like to buy once, cry a couple of times.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Nope, I didn't. Bolt on is fine too!
Besides I think I broke the bank when I bought the jeep!!!! But, living in an RV provides for low overhead and a expedited cash stash for jeep parts. I just like to buy once, cry a couple of times.

I’m still crying and I’m going on year 6 of this build.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom