CARNAGE!! Let's See Your Best Breaks & Trail Damage

WJCO

Meme King
1/4" Trans skid plate took a nice direct hit yesterday.

DSC03061.jpg

DSC03064.jpg

DSC03073.jpg

Dynomax muffler took a good hit but it's not leaking.

DSC03062.jpg

Check engine light coming soon.

DSC03066.jpg

Plastic Fantastic

DSC03069.jpg

More fuel tank skid damage. I think my 20 gallon tank is a 15 now.

DSC03070.jpg

DSC03072.jpg

black pearl

Hooked

View attachment 331189

View attachment 331190

View attachment 331191

View attachment 331192

View attachment 331193

Plastic Fantastic

View attachment 331194

View attachment 331195

View attachment 331196

That looks like a great day!!

At least the O2 sensor is easy to get to.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

... hooooww??
Was it welded at that seam there? From looks of it it should’ve been one single piece to the backs side of that rack

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
Totally unknown how it happened. It was a single piece going all the way back to the suspension area cross beam. It's been replaced, then sleeved and plug welded and gusseted. Way stronger now.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Slimebones

View attachment 331189

View attachment 331190

View attachment 331191

View attachment 331192

View attachment 331193

Plastic Fantastic

View attachment 331194

View attachment 331195

View attachment 331196
I sustained similar carnage, but keep telling others, "if I have to explain, you would not understand"!

SLO

CARNAGE!! Let's See Your Best Breaks & Trail Damage

Teraflex. As you can see, after one trail ride, they’re already falling off

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

That’s funny! I seriously was going to ask if they were Teraflex fenders but then wanted to see if someone else would respond. Either I’m prophetic or I just know everyone here too well.

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
As some of you know I had a failure this last weekend out in Death Valley. Luckily enough the actual failure happened back on pavement and I was able to get a tow back to the shop.. 20200104_093321.jpg

Now the shop has got it opened up and this is what they found. IMG_2428.jpg IMG_2426.jpg

After seeing this I asked for pictures of the bolts thinking maybe they didn't use loctite on the bolts. This morning I received a call first thing from the shop. There was only one bolt inside the diff... The last time that cover was off was two years ago when they installed the gears..

They are replacing everything on their dime.. As it should be of course.
The thing that really amazes me is I ran for two years on lots of difficult trails from Rubicon to Moab to Johnson Valley and most everything in between on one bolt in the ring gear.

nbunga

Caught the Bug
As some of you know I had a failure this last weekend out in Death Valley. Luckily enough the actual failure happened back on pavement and I was able to get a tow back to the shop.. View attachment 339842

Now the shop has got it opened up and this is what they found. View attachment 339844 View attachment 339843

After seeing this I asked for pictures of the bolts thinking maybe they didn't use loctite on the bolts. This morning I received a call first thing from the shop. There was only one bolt inside the diff... The last time that cover was off was two years ago when they installed the gears..

They are replacing everything on their dime.. As it should be of course.
The thing that really amazes me is I ran for two years on lots of difficult trails from Rubicon to Moab to Johnson Valley and most everything in between on one bolt in the ring gear.

That’s crazy. I can’t believe it stayed together that long. I’m glad that they’ve making it right.

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
That’s crazy. I can’t believe it stayed together that long. I’m glad that they’ve making it right.

I'm really at a complete loss as to how it's possible to run that long with the one bolt.. There was debris in the housing but no where near enough to account for all the bolts

Top Bottom