BUILDING a DYNATRAC PROROCK 44 : A Close Up Look at How an Awesome Front Axle is Made

NastyNate

awesome video
i love the technical in depth look thank you for sharing!
i know it sounds corny but you have set the bar for jeep /wheeling videos for me and i find most others lacking when compared LOL

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
awesome video
i love the technical in depth look thank you for sharing!
i know it sounds corny but you have set the bar for jeep /wheeling videos for me and i find most others lacking when compared LOL

Thank you. Cindy and I really do appreciate you saying as much. Jeeps and the Jeep lifestyle has been a big part of our lives and for a very very long time and all we want to do is share our passion with others. We know we don't have the best equipment to work with but we try to do the best we can with what we've got. We're so glad that you enjoy what we come up with. :blush:

grein46087

It was a little over 10 years ago that Cindy and installed our very first Dynatrac product on Moby, a ProRock 60 front axle. Since that time, we've been able to rack up well over 150,000 miles, driving him all across America and putting his axle to the test, all along the way. Now, that would include testing it out on dirt, across the sand, through the snow, in the mud, out on tons of rocks and of course, bombing our way across the desert. While it may not look as pretty as the day we got it installed, it is worth nothing is that everything on it is still 100% original. In other words, the housing, ring and pinion, locker, axle shafts and u-joints are all the same things that we've been punishing, all this time. And, it's because of this long resume of use and abuse that we were convinced, a Dynatrac was going to be the axle for us, when it came time to upgrade the one on our Jeep JL Wrangler.

In this feature length video, you'll get learn all about the Dynatrac ProRock 44 being made for the Jeep JL Wrangler, what makes it such an awesome front axle and see how it's made from start to finish, right here in the U.S.A.! We hope you enjoy our presentation and find it to be informative.

Clearly, a ProRock 44 is far from being something everyone needs and I might even go so far as to say, most people may never need. Certainly, churching it up and trying to convince you of otherwise is NOT the reason why Cindy and I decided to make this video series. All we would ever hope to do is share why we chose to get one for our JL Wrangler and based on our experiences running ProRock axles over the last 10 years and across thousands of miles on Moby, Rubicat and even Nemo. However, I wouldn’t want you to take my word for it. Instead, I would encourage you to look through the myriad of videos that we’ve made since 2007 and see for yourself, just how strong and reliable, all our Dynatrac axles have been for us. Thanks for watching. :cool:

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

WIN a Pair of NEW WAYALIFE Shot Glasses!!
If you'd like a chance at WINNING a pair of all NEW WAYALIFE Shot Glasses, all you have to do is post up a response on this thread and let us know what you think of the video. Doing this will automatically enter into our new drawing and a WINNER will be selected at random and announced before our next video release. :cool:

View attachment 322335
Seriously awesome video, this kind of stuff never ceases to fascinate me. I am addicted to learning this stuff
Thanks Eddie & Cindy - great job!

Lojo

Videos like this are what makes WAYALIFE the best!! Can’t wait to save enough for PR44. Thank you for taking the time making videos and taking us along!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Really enjoyed the video. Never noticed the time. It ended too soon. It was great to see them put the axle together. I really appreciate the effort you put into the videos. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Seriously awesome video, this kind of stuff never ceases to fascinate me. I am addicted to learning this stuff
Thanks Eddie & Cindy - great job!

We're so glad to hear you enjoyed it :)

Videos like this are what makes WAYALIFE the best!! Can’t wait to save enough for PR44. Thank you for taking the time making videos and taking us along!!

Thank you, we really do appreciate you saying as much :)

Really enjoyed the video. Never noticed the time. It ended too soon. It was great to see them put the axle together. I really appreciate the effort you put into the videos. Thank you.

That means a lot to us. It's always our concern that people may not want to watch a video as long as this but don't know if it'd be the same if we cut corners. Glad to hear it went by fast for you :)

TheGrendel

Great video Eddie. Always love learning about stuff is made.

My first question was why the RCVs given what you said in the past. Seems like that was others question as well since it was asked and answered on the front page. Lol. That axle is a beast.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video Eddie. Always love learning about stuff is made.

My first question was why the RCVs given what you said in the past. Seems like that was others question as well since it was asked and answered on the front page. Lol. That axle is a beast.

LOL!! Believe me, RCV wasn't my first choice by any means. It was simply the only thing available for this application or at least, at the time this video was made. If we wanted the axle now, it's what we had to go with.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Great way to spend a Sunday morning watching a little TV! I’m always surprised with how much manual machining goes into these things. Craftsman at work!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great way to spend a Sunday morning watching a little TV! I’m always surprised with how much manual machining goes into these things. Craftsman at work!

Awesome! Glad we could bring you something fun to watch on a Sunday morning :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Have had to put this one off for a week due to company. Great way end a busy week!

LOL!! Awesome, glad you got a chance to watch it and enjoyed what you saw :)

What a great job documenting the build and install! That’s so cool you get to see the whole process from start to finish, thanks for sharing.

So glad that we could share the experience with people like you :)

Brute

Hooked
I've finally had a chance to view this video in my hotel room in Atlanta...I tried several times in Argentina and it wouldn't load for some reason.

First, it is an excellent video from every standpoint...content, camera angles, narration and editing. Having been a small business owner in the past, I realize how important it is to a business in having quality, experienced, long term employees...it is the lifeblood of any business; Jim certainly has achieved that with Dynatrac, and it is evident in the quality product they make.

It will be interesting to see how the 5.13 gears work with the deep 1st & 2nd gearing of the auto transmission in power to the wheels and crawling on the rocks...I suspect it will be a big improvement, especially since you've been running 37" tires.

Keep them coming please!...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've finally had a chance to view this video in my hotel room in Atlanta...I tried several times in Argentina and it wouldn't load for some reason.

First, it is an excellent video from every standpoint...content, camera angles, narration and editing. Having been a small business owner in the past, I realize how important it is to a business in having quality, experienced, long term employees...it is the lifeblood of any business; Jim certainly has achieved that with Dynatrac, and it is evident in the quality product they make.

It will be interesting to see how the 5.13 gears work with the deep 1st & 2nd gearing of the auto transmission in power to the wheels and crawling on the rocks...I suspect it will be a big improvement, especially since you've been running 37" tires.

Keep them coming please!...

Glad you were finally able to watch our video and that you enjoyed it. I would have said that I hope you had a good trip but looking at the photos you posted, I think that is clear. :D

jesse3638

Hooked
Thanks for sharing. I really love the in depth look at this. Now if only the nay-sayers would watch these. Maybe they'd understand the cost over a competitor or a junkyard rebuild. Once we're finished working on the new house I'm going to see what the bank account has remaining...:crazyeyes:. I am going to be getting 37's later this year and will need to be regeared. If I can swing it I plan on getting the PR44 housing and doing an internal swap in the process. Buy once, cry once...haha. It'd save some money in the end over buying it and having it done then.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
And the WINNER of the WAYALIFE shot glasses is...

Thanks for sharing this. Definitely appreciate the quality of these axles. These guys are at the top of their game. Your use/abuse has surely demonstrated their abilities! So much want: :rock:

Congratulations Slimebones! :thumb:

Top Bottom