BRONCO Off-Roadeo??

In its current form, your point is dead on. The Grenadier’s biggest appeal would be to the Overlanders. But with its solid axle and optional lockers, it wouldn’t be hard to develop a version to compete directly with the Wrangler. It’d be easy for Ineos to upgrade their standard 2.5:1 transfer case to a 4:1.

The Grenadier can be ordered with a winch and winch bumper from the dealer, but without the factory winch bumper, you’re right- mounting a winch will be a headache. At least until the aftermarket catches up.

Similar to the Bronco though, this vehicle is dumb looking. Whereas jeeps look awesome.

In its current form, your point is dead on. The Grenadier’s biggest appeal would be to the Overlanders. But with its solid axle and optional lockers, it wouldn’t be hard to develop a version to compete directly with the Wrangler. It’d be easy for Ineos to upgrade their standard 2.5:1 transfer case to a 4:1.

The Grenadier can be ordered with a winch and winch bumper from the dealer, but without the factory winch bumper, you’re right- mounting a winch will be a headache. At least until the aftermarket catches up.
The factory winch goes behind the minimal bumper, and it is not very strong. It is very difficult to upgrade to something else because of how the front is made.

The Grenadier lacks a sway bar disconnect. I think it lacks a front locker as well (it has middle locker like a 4Runner).

Perhaps in a couple of years they will solve these problems.

The BAD Influence

A buddy of mine is associated with a local outdoor show. We've shot several segments for them all around Moab and San Rafael Swell. A couple of years ago during EJS he made arrangements with the Bronco Rodeo there in Moab, do shoot a segment. There's a preliminary meeting going over extremely basic stuff. Introducing them to the vehicle, functions...etc. Then they took us out on Dome Plateau to prove how capable it is.
It's basically for soccer mom's to make them think they're now true off reading. I mean, it's Dome Plateau. (I'm not sure of the rules, but I can post the link to the show if appropriate).
The instructors were really pushing the technology of the Bronco. How it can determine when to disconnect the swaybar, or engage the lockers...etc.
My take away was I hate that shit. I want to make those decisions myself.
For the 3 or 4 minute segment that made the final cut of the show, we were there for 6 or 7 hours filming. So I got to spend some time in the Bronco. Maybe for the soccer mom, it's the perfect vehicle.
An added bonus of the Moab location is that it's next to a museum that has a bunch of cool memorabilia of all the movies shot there. And the house where John Wayne would stay in, is still there. Unfortunately the compound has been sold and the restaurant and winery are no longer there.
Happy to answer any questions, or as I said post a link to the show.

Top Bottom