BRONCO Off-Roadeo??

Ddays

Hooked
I really think if AMC had skipped the whole Eagle line things would have been different.

Really? I always thought the Eagle kept them off of life support for a few years longer. I actually liked the cars, even though the Concords & Wagons were the old Hornets. I think without those they may have gone under.

Ddays

Hooked
eh, I would go so far as to say that I like the new Bronco. I absolutely LOVE that it's put Jeep on notice and forced them to make the 392. I sincerely hope that Ford keeps putting fire under the feet of Jeep but... I somehow doubt it'll make a difference at this point and time. Seems that the leadership at Jeep has gone totally woke and has everything figured out. Hell, I'd be surprised if they make a showing at EJS.
This for sure.

I do like them, just not sure I want one. Maybe if I was in the market for an SUV like a 4Runner or another GC. I do like the fact that Ford did this for the Bronco guys. It shows that they're committed to the vehicle line & they've realized that Jeep's had a huge market segment to themselves for years. Good for them. Keeps them in their own park

So, I'll be the first to say that I don't follow everything Bronco if only because, I'm really not that interested in them but today, I was scanning Google maps to see what the hours are of a saloon we like to frequent and just in the corner of my eye, I spotted this...
View attachment 401021

Needless to say, I had to click on it and see what it's all about:
View attachment 401022

LOL - I'm I the only one who didn't know about this Bronco Off-Roadeo? And, I know that there are all kinds of Jeep events (or used to be) out there like Camp Jeep and Jeep Jamboree USA but I'm kind of surprised that they don't have anything like this. But then, they did just pull out of all shows and events so they must know something I don't.
I am surprised you did not know! This seems like something that everyone should be aware of!

GP NOIR

Hooked
We found out about the Bronco Safari (or whatever it's called) only because last year we made a trip to Moab during the same weekend. There are plenty of events people don't know about. That's part of the fun!

Yup, this ^^^

Truthfully, I think it's a good idea and one that Jeep probably never thought of being that they're so full of themselves and believe they own the off road market. While I have no interest in owning a Bronco, I have to say kudos to Ford for coming up with this.
Best I can tell, Toyota actually owns the market, and will make new inroads with the new 4Runner, Land Cruiser, and Tacoma, which seem to be from the same base design.

Awww, isn’t that cute? They’re pretending to be off-roaders in their wittle wangler wannabe bwoncos! And then gonna go horseback riding after the big off-roading adventure! 😂

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Absolutely. Jeep served up Ford a meatball of an opportunity to fill that void
It's totally crazy. Even at SEMA, while Chrysler and GM left the show, Ford came back if only in a small booth but at least they had a presence there. This allowed them to win all kinds of awards including best 4x4 of the year. I know, the show is rigged to help those to attend but they still got the bragging rights and nobody outside of the industry cares.

Jeeptime

We have driven by this several times. We live about 20 minutes away. We go this way up to Mt. Potasi.
It used to be a Boy Scouts facility back in the day. They would have BSA events and jamborees there. It was always the place to go if you where a Boy Scout.
A few of our friends have been there. You can go if you own a Bronco or have one on order. One of my friends went, his is on order. So he used one of their Broncos. You can only drive broncos on their trails. It is kind of a off road 101 course. Not very difficult, don't want to wreck those nice Broncos. If you use one of their Boncos you are responsible for any damage repair.
If you do not own a Bronco you can pay for a half day or full day course and use one of their Broncos. It is quite pricey to drive a Bronco at their facility.
My neighbor who owns a Bronco was told they are building another facilty in Moab.

AZVAJKU

Hooked
We have driven by this several times. We live about 20 minutes away. We go this way up to Mt. Potasi.
It used to be a Boy Scouts facility back in the day. They would have BSA events and jamborees there. It was always the place to go if you where a Boy Scout.
A few of our friends have been there. You can go if you own a Bronco or have one on order. One of my friends went, his is on order. So he used one of their Broncos. You can only drive broncos on their trails. It is kind of a off road 101 course. Not very difficult, don't want to wreck those nice Broncos. If you use one of their Boncos you are responsible for any damage repair.
If you do not own a Bronco you can pay for a half day or full day course and use one of their Broncos. It is quite pricey to drive a Bronco at their facility.
My neighbor who owns a Bronco was told they are building another facilty in Moab.
It’s built. It’s on Hwy 128 next to the Colorado River.

Brute

Hooked
Bronco.JPG
I learned to drive on my dad's 68 Bronco (and his 59 F100)...and while I love my old Bronco, I'm not buying a new one...ever. I do believe Ford bringing back the Bronco is good for Jeep owners, but as long as Stellantis is involved with Jeep, it's gonna be all downhill from here.

Top Bottom