Average TJ Build

Found the death wobble.

I knew the hole was there, it’s the one arm i haven’t patched yet, but the crack up the side of the frame indicates it’s flexing there and no longer solid. Time to weld all the holes in the Jeep again.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile appy

Last edited:
Needs a little bit of rust fixing. But noting compared to what Ive been doing. A few things here and there but overall it’s in great shape and it’s a virgin to dirt.

I didn’t take better pics it was dark but here’s a couple from sale ad
IMG_3217.jpg

IMG_3218.jpg

IMG_3220.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

IMG_3242.jpg
IMG_3243.jpg
IMG_3244.jpg
IMG_3245.jpg

Had a little energy after work so I cleaned out my center console. And when I was done I had almost everything stripped.

Took years to put together and 3 hours to tear apart. Left the power locks, remote start, heated seats, and stereo. Still have to drop rear bumper, decide if I want the onboard air stuff not sure how it would work on a Jeep that already has AC.
Everything else popped off and ready for its new blue Jeep. I don’t like the lift that’s on it so I’ll probably leave it too. Stock wheels go back on, swap rear disc brakes to the new Jeep.

Yeah it’s gonna be a fun few weeks, excited for the new toy though!

For sure! How many miles are on the new one?

It’s an 01 4.0 5spd, 150k, runs like a dream. Ac and cruise control again finally. Dana 44 rear, score. Black interior in great shape. As far as I can tell a complete virgin to dirt. It’s got a throwout bearing noise, the tub mount torque box will need replacing and some random things that just need to be reassembled.

Cleaned barn and made room to work,
fixed and recharged ac- works great [emoji3]
Vacuumed out all the gravel and weird stuff left inside.
Installed headlights and front bumper.
Looked at lift kits and started crying into my beer

IMG_3256.jpg
It’s just so damn short

IMG_3257.jpg

IMG_3258.jpg

And it’s got 3.73 gears already, which means I don’t *have* to regear it immediately.
IMG_3255.jpg

Last edited:
Game on. Radios swapped, finished tearing down the green one of everything I’m going to keep except the rear brakes. Worked on the blue one more, drove it home today to get to know it.
IMG_3261.jpg
IMG_3262.jpg
IMG_3265.jpg
IMG_3267.jpg
IMG_3272.jpg

Congrats on the new toy!!! Seems like you’re having a lot of fun swapping everything over [emoji106] and starting with a blank slate

Congrats on the new toy!!! Seems like you’re having a lot of fun swapping everything over [emoji106] and starting with a blank slate

Thanks! Yeah it’s going to be a project for sure, will probably get its own thread when I start doing real work to it. Gave it a little trip through the woods today. It doesn’t flex so good. But everything feels strong. Pretty sure it’s going to need a clutch throwout bearing very very soon. Still in parts research h and planning stage as I’ve learned a lot of things with this wrangler and I’ve made some mistakes, and even a few mistakes I’m likely to make again.

IMG_3307.jpg
IMG_3308.jpg

IMG_1935.jpg
IMG_1933.jpg

IMG_3378.jpg
IMG_3379.jpg
IMG_3388.JPG

Lift swapped, for the life of me I cannot figure out why the axle is still centered after 4” lift.
IMG_3386.jpg
IMG_3387.jpg
IMG_3393.jpgIMG_3395.jpg

No brackets. Same track bars. I don’t get it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

New Jeep same story?
IMG_3494.jpg

No worries I’ve had the repair piece for this and new tub channels sitting ready to go. Once installed going end to end with the rust removal and rust proofing. Would’ve been great if it held out another week though when I’ll be in between jobs for a bit.

Also finally got my winch and fog lights wired up. Good things to come after my last week of work here.
IMG_3485.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom