Anyone self quarantined? AKA - the 2020 SH!T SHOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

WJCO

Meme King
I think this may be the part where the aliens start landing :idontknow:

Might as well be. We'd probably be better off.

I mean all the fucking talking heads have made this China Virus sound really serious.
Hell, the president himself has called this a serious 'war' and has talked about using the Defense Production Act https://www.usnews.com/news/economy...defense-production-act-as-coronavirus-spreads.
And today even the Pentagon called for 100,000 Civilian Body Bags as they expect more deaths: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...0-000-body-bags-for-civilians-in-virus-crisis .

Hundreds of thousands of people are without jobs, people in numerous states can't leave their homes, a majority of people are supposed to receive these paper semi-lubricated checks (that are now part of the national debt).

And Congress decides to take a 3 week vacation (because they've worked so hard for the benefit of the people).

Yeah, bring on the fucking aliens.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Might as well be. We'd probably be better off.

I mean all the fucking talking heads have made this China Virus sound really serious.
Hell, the president himself has called this a serious 'war' and has talked about using the Defense Production Act https://www.usnews.com/news/economy...defense-production-act-as-coronavirus-spreads.
And today even the Pentagon called for 100,000 Civilian Body Bags as they expect more deaths: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...0-000-body-bags-for-civilians-in-virus-crisis .

Hundreds of thousands of people are without jobs, people in numerous states can't leave their homes, a majority of people are supposed to receive these paper semi-lubricated checks (that are now part of the national debt).

And Congress decides to take a 3 week vacation (because they've worked so hard for the benefit of the people).

Yeah, bring on the fucking aliens.

Lol. The more I read, the more I think a lot of this is intentional and deliberate attempts at population control/climate change mitigation/economic sabatoge -> governmental dependence ->communism.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

WJCO

Meme King
Lol. The more I read, the more I think a lot of this is intentional and deliberate attempts at population control/climate change mitigation/economic sabatoge -> governmental dependence ->communism.

I've been watching certain things for close to 20 years and expected something like this to happen even sooner. But don't mind me; I'm just a crazy fucker with a tin foil hat and this is probably one huge coincidence. Decades worth of certain things lining up perfectly probably have nothing to do with each other ;)

Ddays

Hooked

I've been watching certain things for close to 20 years and expected something like this to happen even sooner. But don't mind me; I'm just a crazy fucker with a tin foil hat and this is probably one huge coincidence. Decades worth of certain things lining up perfectly probably have nothing to do with each other ;)

There is one last shoe waiting to drop yet. This isn't it. Hasn't happened yet, and I hope it doesn't, but the world is basically being locked up for at least a month. :idontknow:

I found my old tinfoil hat & brought it outta the basement over the past weekend.

jdofmemi

Whether or not any of this speculation is true, and there sure are a lot of unlikely coincidences, the government has never been known to let a crisis go to waste.

Freedoms will be lost at an unprecedented rate, all as "Emergency Measure", but will likely never be returned to we the people.

Let's make a list of things out grandchildren will likely never know:

How to count change
When all money is digital, there will be no change to count

How to save money in a piggy bank
See above

Let's each add a few more to the list. I have more, but want it to go around for a while

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
There is one last shoe waiting to drop yet. This isn't it. Hasn't happened yet, and I hope it doesn't, but the world is basically being locked up for at least a month. :idontknow:

I found my old tinfoil hat & brought it outta the basement over the past weekend.

True. I’m no conspiracy theorist by any means. Actually I laugh at a lot of the theories people come up with, but a slight part of me wants to think this is some sort of test run for something bigger... but we may not even know what that is for decades. There’s going to be a lot of fallout from this whole incident... which will be studied for years to come. Impacts on the economy, the climate,.. blah blah blah. Don’t mind me. I’ve been drinking for a few hours.

Leeboy03

JFC. That is seriously such a weak argument. Policy decisions cannot be made based on individual fears of specific outcomes to those people closest to us.

If your wife or one of your kids died as the result of alcohol (and I sincerely hope they don’t, by the way), would you immediately advocate for prohibition? What about tobacco?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

It was more of a question than an argument but ok. But it seems to me that your whole argument is based on the fear of a depression or more specifically what a depression would mean for you and your family. And talk about a weak argument, what does poor personal choices have to do with financial hardship and thousands of people dying from something beyond their control?

Back to my question, if you lost someone you loved, would you still make the same argument? I mean, we are talking human life to dollars right? How much is a human life worth and is the life of someone we love worth more than someone we don’t even know? And again, I’m not trying to make an argument, just curious. I’ve been fortunate so far, life hasn’t changed much at all for me other than the whole grocery store aggravation. My daily routine remains the same. I still work, pay bills and spend too much money on crap I don’t really even need. But I realize that could change at any moment and I certainly sympathize for those that are hurting right now

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
It was more of a question than an argument but ok. But it seems to me that your whole argument is based on the fear of a depression or more specifically what a depression would mean for you and your family. And talk about a weak argument, what does poor personal choices have to do with financial hardship and thousands of people dying from something beyond their control?

Back to my question, if you lost someone you loved, would you still make the same argument? I mean, we are talking human life to dollars right? How much is a human life worth and is the life of someone we love worth more than someone we don’t even know? And again, I’m not trying to make an argument, just curious. I’ve been fortunate so far, life hasn’t changed much at all for me other than the whole grocery store aggravation. My daily routine remains the same. I still work, pay bills and spend too much money on crap I don’t really even need. But I realize that could change at any moment and I certainly sympathize for those that are hurting right now

Beyond their control? If you are afraid of getting Rona, you can choose not to be around other people until it is gone. Getting it is completely within your control.

What do you think is the cost to society of smoking/drinking? Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the US. Yet, we don’t outlaw tobacco and alcohol. We allow people to take the risk...and to die.

In all likelihood, a depression will significantly increase my income. If it lasts for a decade then maybe it would start to impact my work. My kids should be fine in an individual sense, but their overall quality of life and the quality of life of their generation will not be. The crime rate that will go along with 30% unemployment will suck, as will the inflation that is coming our way. The loss of liberty is not “fine” for anyone.

Yes, I would make the same argument. I would do everything I can as an individual to save the lives of my loved ones, but I would respect the policies of leaders that are put in place for the benefit of the whole, not the individual. Of course, the life of someone I love is more valuable to ME than the life of a stranger. That fact is irrelevant to the determination of what is, or is not, proper policy for society.

Have you ever seen an actuary table or a work comp schedule? We (society) put a monetary value on “a life” all the time. It has to be done. Hell, we assign specific values to individual parts of a person, not just the whole. Here is but one of many charts doing just that.

IMG_5869.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
And talk about a weak argument, what does poor personal choices have to do with financial hardship

I still work, pay bills and spend too much money on crap I don’t really even need.

You serious Clark?

Might want to take another whack at this one....

sipafz

Caught the Bug

Just for fun, lay the 2016 voting map on top of the Coronavirus map. How better to win an election than to get rid of the people that have / will vote against you? It’s fucking genius.

Ddays

Hooked
Whelp, I just had to provide travel papers to my employees so if/when they get pulled over they can prove that they are "essential" and should be allowed to be on the road. :naw:
Talked to a couple factories and some of their people have actually been stopped by the State police & asked why they were travelling.

What in the actual fuck are we coming to?

Primo82

Caught the Bug
Just for fun, lay the 2016 voting map on top of the Coronavirus map. How better to win an election than to get rid of the people that have / will vote against you? It’s fucking genius.

It also could correlate to the people that trusted trump in the first few months and think this is a 'dem scam', that's 'going to go away by summer', 'it's going to disappear like a miracle', etc... If trump doesn't take it seriously his voters aren't and they are thus going to be most at risk and will be the most likely to die due to complacency.

I'll be the first to say I also thought this was being blown out of proportion and our health care systems will be more robust than China, Italy, etc. 3-4 weeks on now and I am a little scared. This could get bad. Depending on how seriously people take it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Whelp, I just had to provide travel papers to my employees so if/when they get pulled over they can prove that they are "essential" and should be allowed to be on the road. :naw:
Talked to a couple factories and some of their people have actually been stopped by the State police & asked why they were travelling.

Think about it for a second... all the shit that was implemented after 9/11, things that were supposed to go away after the terrorist threat was gone... they're all still in place. You know, being that the threat is still around and the measures worked so well, clearly, they must stay in place.

The worst part for me is that people are actually demanding that their liberties be taken away and all for the sake of "safety".

So much for "give me liberty or give me death". Today, it's more like "take my liberties so that I can live".

But hey, that's just me.

littlebeas

I had to do the same thing... though the number of DOT inspections my guys usually see has gone way down, guess the troopers don’t want to be breathing the same air as an interstate truck driver.

This is some high level crazy shit going on. One party hardly ever gives a shit about how to pay for a budget (though in fairness that was the last party to have a balanced budget) and another party giving lip service to budget concerns while handing out trillion dollar deficit tax breaks and leading the charge on a 2.199 trillion dollar bailout while their followers complain about the .001 “fluff” that got added in late. Full disclosure I’ve only NOT voted for the party that at least plays lip service in one occasion and that was because the crazy bastard who beat my automatic vote for senator (Richard Luger) in a primary lost his damn mind right before the election. No one in DC gives a rats dick about the constitution right now, nor have they for a while. This crisis is just dropping the facade.

WJCO

Meme King
Whelp, I just had to provide travel papers to my employees so if/when they get pulled over they can prove that they are "essential" and should be allowed to be on the road.

I had to do the same thing...

Same here. I've also already had two people get stopped.

Think about it for a second... all the shit that was implemented after 9/11, things that were supposed to go away after the terrorist threat was gone... they're all still in place.....

Yep. Huge turning point of our liberties being lost. A lot was put into place right after that.

Leeboy03

Beyond their control? If you are afraid of getting Rona, you can choose not to be around other people until it is gone. Getting it is completely within your control.

What do you think is the cost to society of smoking/drinking? Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the US. Yet, we don’t outlaw tobacco and alcohol. We allow people to take the risk...and to die.

In all likelihood, a depression will significantly increase my income. If it lasts for a decade then maybe it would start to impact my work. My kids should be fine in an individual sense, but their overall quality of life and the quality of life of their generation will not be. The crime rate that will go along with 30% unemployment will suck, as will the inflation that is coming our way. The loss of liberty is not “fine” for anyone.

Yes, I would make the same argument. I would do everything I can as an individual to save the lives of my loved ones, but I would respect the policies of leaders that are put in place for the benefit of the whole, not the individual. Of course, the life of someone I love is more valuable to ME than the life of a stranger. That fact is irrelevant to the determination of what is, or is not, proper policy for society.

Have you ever seen an actuary table or a work comp schedule? We (society) put a monetary value on “a life” all the time. It has to be done. Hell, we assign specific values to individual parts of a person, not just the whole. Here is but one of many charts doing just that.

View attachment 344568

Well shit...... I actually agree with every bit of that. Except maybe the fact the “rona” is 100% avoidable. I’m sure not all cases were contracted from taking risk. People
Confined to a nursing home comes to mind.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

Same here. I've also already had two people get stopped.

Yep. Huge turning point of our liberties being lost. A lot was put into place right after that.

I'm afraid when we look back, what we thought was a huge turning point then was just a gentle curve compared to what's coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom