Anyone self quarantined? AKA - the 2020 SH!T SHOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Local hospitals are asking for donations of all kinds of PPE. Jokes are fun and all but if you’ve got extra they may need it.

IMG_6350.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

I’m listening to two doctors: one is my brother (a very experienced general practice doc) who works on the front lines at the VA hospital in Reno, the other is my brother-in-law who is an experienced anesthesiologist working at every hospital in Reno.

They are far more worried about the number of people who are already flooding the system because they have a cough (and are therefore taking up needed space for people who may need real treatment for any number of reasons) than they are about mass deaths from the virus itself.

Bottom line, people need to toughen the fuck up and not run to the hospital just because they have a cough and some snot rockets. Quantify your own real risk, and then learn when you should really be seeking medical intervention. Otherwise, stay the fuck home and let whatever you have run it’s course.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

I read a post Jesse Haines made describing his symptoms and the timeline. He started with a slight cough the first 2 days and then he self quarantined. When it really started taking a bad turn he called the county who then instructed him to go to the ER. Pretty common sense way of doing it and I’d hope most people would follow. The issue I think is a lot of people WANT to have this so they’ll have some sort of micro-celebrity status in their social media circle, therefore they’ll rush into to be tested at the first sign of anything just so they can add that drama spike to their Facebook page. There’s that and then you have your normal hypochondriacs.

I’m not concerned about this virus, I’m concerned about the economic destruction it’s causing right now. I’m pushing people to social distance right now, only so we can get the numbers down and hopefully get everyone back to work. Everyone’s treating this like a vacation and out fucking around still when they need to be at home. I’m afraid their going to keep everyone shut down through the month of April and that’s going to be a tough one to recover from. We’ll be ok but it’s definitely going to be slow for a good while.

I read a post Jesse Haines made describing his symptoms and the timeline. He started with a slight cough the first 2 days and then he self quarantined. When it really started taking a bad turn he called the county who then instructed him to go to the ER. Pretty common sense way of doing it and I’d hope most people would follow. The issue I think is a lot of people WANT to have this so they’ll have some sort of micro-celebrity status in their social media circle, therefore they’ll rush into to be tested at the first sign of anything just so they can add that drama spike to their Facebook page. There’s that and then you have your normal hypochondriacs.

I’m not concerned about this virus, I’m concerned about the economic destruction it’s causing right now. I’m pushing people to social distance right now, only so we can get the numbers down and hopefully get everyone back to work. Everyone’s treating this like a vacation and out fucking around still when they need to be at home. I’m afraid their going to keep everyone shut down through the month of April and that’s going to be a tough one to recover from. We’ll be ok but it’s definitely going to be slow for a good while.

I’ve been notified my suppliers may start having material shortages, I feel right now we have work but with no material we won’t. Or if our building department shuts down we can’t work without permits or inspections. I wish the best for everyone in business, even my competitors. If they don’t make it then I’ll try to scoop up some good help. I know they would do it to me

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I’ve been notified my suppliers may start having material shortages, I feel right now we have work but with no material we won’t. Or if our building department shuts down we can’t work without permits or inspections. I wish the best for everyone in business, even my competitors. If they don’t make it then I’ll try to scoop up some good help. I know they would do it to me

You can have my tub of random PVC fittings if you need it.

Just doing my part[emoji2]

There’s a couple of ways of looking at it, and one is that the businesses that aren’t “superficially” successful will make it through just fine. I don’t want to see any business fail but I’m not going to pretend like I wouldn’t enjoy less competition. Then there’s the storage unit shop guys that have such low overhead that they’ll cut their rates even more just to pull customers away from me. They’re always a pain in the ass anyways.

Lemme know - we're open & shipping for now ;)

Anyone self quarantined?

Same issue here... if we cant get materials or inspections the brakes will come on.. One neighboring beach city ordered all construction to stop for 30 days... I fear others may follow. As of now though, Los Angeles building dept is pushing forward, so I’m trying to think positive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom